As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Data intake form - Sharepoint 2010 standard

DrezDrez Registered User regular
edited February 2016 in Help / Advice Forum
So, my understanding is that Sharepoint 2010 Standard does not support database services. You need Enterprise for that. Database services enables something like Access Services to work. Access Services allows you to publish an Access 2010 database to a Sharepoint site. That, in turn, allows you to collect data from users that have access to that Sharepoint site and report on it.

If you DON'T have database services enabled, you can't use Access Services. Or, I assume, any other database.

The question is: Without that feature, is there any way to collect data from multiple users via a webform collected into a dataset that can then be reported on?

My feeling is no. But maybe I'm missing something. Can anyone confirm my beliefs? Or deny them? Thanks.

edit: Context: I'm not a Sharepoint expert (or even remotely knowledgeable of Sharepoint beyond "novice") but I am Office dev, in both Excel and Access. I'm being emphatically told that Sharepoint supports this request and yet I emphatically believe that our installation does not. But as I am not a Sharepoint expert, maybe I am missing something. And no, checking out and checking in an Excel workbook among multiple users is a rejected solution - the request is specifically about an intake form/webform.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
Drez on

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Do you need it through sharepoint?

There's plenty of ways to do it the way you want to do it. Google sheets, roll your own solutions with php, etc.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'm being asked to build something by tomorrow, in Sharepoint.

I already tried "not possible" and "no" as responses. But I've been asked to look into it more.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    It may not be ideal, but you could make a form in Infopath, and each submitted form is just saved in the SharePoint document library.

• bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    I am sure you could use sharepoint to do this and just use a different datasource like an excel spreadsheet?

https://support.office.com/en-ie/article/Create-data-forms-using-SharePoint-Designer-5b5e3970-af22-45d5-a796-edfe7dda15f6

looks like it might be possible

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me