Options

"Portraits of Some People", a Photography [chat] Assembled From Errant Open Tabs

• Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    i guess i don't have to worry i usually don't post cool things from the internet in chat

chat is how i find out about cool things from the internet

sig.gif
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    so I bought The Division on xbone

who else is playing? @Mazzyx I think I saw you were

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    It's impossible to start a fire with wet kindling, and difficult with dry kindling and wet wood, so definitely have dry kindling and wood available.

Wet ground is fine.

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    Casual wrote: »
    if anyone has ever managed to take a picture of trump where he isn't pulling a stupid face i'm yet to see it

he is the least photogenic person on earth

it's quite possible that this is what Mr. Trump genuinely looks like.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    I ate chipotle

Should I get a birthday cake protein bar or uh... This froyo

Vanilla/chocolate swirl frozen yogurt with walnut, M&M, and chocolate sprinkle toppings.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    It's impossible to start a fire with wet kindling, and difficult with dry kindling and wet wood, so definitely have dry kindling and wood available.

Wet ground is fine.

ok cool I'll go do Pre-Camping Wood Gathering tomorrow morning while it's still dry

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Hey guys btw I have some camping related questions are any of you Experienced Campers

What it is

I have a cast iron teapot can I use this to boil water for tea? If so what is the best method. Put it beside the fire? Pull out some coals and put it on top of the coals?

Should I go collect firewood tomorrow morning before the rain starts so that we have dry wood to start with?

Should the fact that the ground will probably be muddy be a total shut down of camping plans or is it something where it's nbd and waiting for things to dry out isn't really necessary

Yes you can boil water in it. It's cast iron so really the best method is to get it as close to the fire as you can. Ideally you'd hang it directly on top of the fire but the point is more heat is better.

Yes get wood before it rains.

Muddy ground can be annoying but isn't a deal breaker at all. I say this as someone who camped in Washington. Just be aware of it and behave accordingly. Keep muddy boots in specific areas, keep mud off of stuff, etc.

And honestly a lot of camping, especially when younger and on your own, is learning how to camp.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I used to go camping all the time, but haven't in probably 15+ years.

Trying to provide information to Cleric made me realize I've forgotten how to camp. :(

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I used to go camping all the time, but haven't in probably 15+ years.

Trying to provide information to Cleric made me realize I've forgotten how to camp. :(

It's been a long time for me too. Rad's terrified cause she's never been.

But one day. One day.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    "Malia Obama gives Sasha Obama a thumbs up while she's talking to Ryan Reynolds at their very first state dinner at The White House."
    12803054_10153465812287061_2553423618640945246_n.jpg?oh=74fecf69b886240066a3551476bd3969&oe=579768E4

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    I really want to get into backpacking/camping. I yearn for it. I go on really long all-day hikes on the regular, but I really want to turn those into multi-day adventures.

It's an intimidating prospect though, and I'm not quite sure what steps to take in order to learn how to do it. Perhaps the Internet at large can provide the information I require in order to give me the confidence I need to take the step of actually trying it out.

• Options
    Pro tier wing lady right there

• Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    Atomika wrote: »
    if anyone has ever managed to take a picture of trump where he isn't pulling a stupid face i'm yet to see it

he is the least photogenic person on earth

I had a friend that met him about ten years ago, caddying for him and Samuel L. Jackson at a charity tourney in Pebble Beach

Even then, he remarked upon how visually unpleasant Mr. Trump was to look upon

he's like an overblown parody of a human

he looks like he was drawn by a 1930's political cartoonist drawing a stereotypical tycoon

all he needs is a top hat, monocle, and cigar wildly flipping around him

• Options
    Ryan Reynolds looks short in that picture.

But I'm pretty sure he's as tall as me.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    AtomikaAtomika Live fast and get fucked or whatever Registered User regular
    I never thought when we cycled back to Gilded Age politics it would actually be, you know, gilded

• Options
    Atomika wrote: »
    I never thought when we cycled back to Gilded Age politics it would actually be, you know, gilded

It's right there in the name, Atomika. You have no one to blame here but yourself.

• Options
    I wonder if I can find a store that sells rosewater out here.

• Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    I come in here and see people throwing around anime willy-nilly

Talking about it like it's something you just... talk about!!

Do you people not realize why the threads count down?

Why do those in higher places turn their heads away?

The gods spurn us, and we wonder why

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    butts butts butts

• Options
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    @Mazzyx @RiemannLives I am having a hard time finding a reason to not just buy Battlefleet Gothic right this instand pls help

• Options
    jmcdonaldjmcdonald I voted, did you? DC(ish)Registered User regular
    edited March 2016
    Kana wrote: »
    "Malia Obama gives Sasha Obama a thumbs up while she's talking to Ryan Reynolds at their very first state dinner at The White House."
    12803054_10153465812287061_2553423618640945246_n.jpg?oh=74fecf69b886240066a3551476bd3969&oe=579768E4

this is the best.

i can't think of anything i don't like about the Obamas. they are so freakin' great.

edit
    Cinders wrote: »
    Ryan Reynolds looks short in that picture.

But I'm pretty sure he's as tall as me.

i'm pretty sure the Obama girls are pretty tall...5'11" or more.

jmcdonald on
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    If someone you don't know talks to you at a bus stop, it is usually never anything good.

• Options

Dad of the year right here.

• Options
    ZephiranZephiran Registered User regular
    Alright and in this next scene all the animals have AIDS.

I got a little excited when I saw your ship.
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »

I feel like Malia's expression there is very similar to one of the faces the president also makes. So cute!

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @Jacobkosh it is early access. Only like 2 missions. Wait till it has more.

Also orks and eldar are not in yet.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    sasha-chan..

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Some kids with lice escaped the nurse's office on Bob's Burgers; the nurse shouted, "Get those louse-y kids!"

• Options
    Should I go grocery shopping? It's already 8, but I don't exactly have food...

But I could go tomorrow evening instead. Soooo lazy.

• Options
    credeiki wrote: »

Have you considered the luxurious life of part time housekeeper where I buy and prepare food? It's a mere hour or two from work.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    @AresProphet it is @desc @Ludious @bloodyroarxx and @OnTheLastCastle who have it on the xbone. Also @Irond Will .

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Power's out nuuuuuuuu

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Geez it seems like everyone's power is going out. I hope mine survives the storm.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »
    credeiki wrote: »

Have you considered the luxurious life of part time housekeeper where I buy and prepare food? It's a mere hour or two from work.

hmmm. I can't have a housekeeper in my tiny studio apartment, nor can I be a housekeeper due to not liking housekeeping tasks.

I think instead I'll just get takeout. Korean food to go with @Kana 's Korean yuri comics.

This discussion has been closed.