As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Moving to Cincinnati

downerdowner Registered User regular
So I found out today that I'll be taking on a new role in Cincinnati in just one month. The challenge is that I know next to nothing about the city.

Does anyone have any recommendations for areas to look at homes for a young family with a small child? I'll be working in the Kenwood area, and would prefer to keep my commute down to about 20-30 minutes if possible. Good schools would be preferred.

Any insight or other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• Options
    XandarXandar Registered User regular
    Madeira is probably a good neighborhood choice for commute and schools, but you will pay more for a smaller house. Blue Ash is also a close area, schools are not as good but housing less expensive. The Cincinnati reddit page gives a pretty decent breakdown of neighborhoods. My wife is a Cincinnati native and we've lived here for 10 or so years so if you have some questions I'll be happy to help out.

OsokC8u.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    I've lived in Cincinnati most of my life, near Kenwood actually. I recommend you don't look for areas, but for school districts instead. Some school districts cover multiple areas, and some areas have multiple school districts in them, so depending where you live, you could end up at a different (and worse) school just by crossing the street.

The best school districts are normally Indian Hill, Sycamore, Wyoming, and Mason in some order, and all of them are fairly close to Kenwood. The thing is, though, they are also all really expensive. About 10 years ago people finally realized that living in the best school districts was a good thing, and real estate prices really went up.

PSN|AspectVoid