As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Diablo 3] Season 11 on 7/20, Challenge Rifts & Necromancer - Patch 2.6 IS LIVE

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    So I guess new patch drops tomorrow?

I might be poop socking on friday for the new season, I'm not sure yet.

I still need to sort through like 250 mail items.....

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I'll be on here and there, but I'm going to miss most of the opening weekend binge this time.

Just need to clear some stash space so I don't have to deal with rebirth mail.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I'll be poopsocking Friday night. It's a nice tradition.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    The weapon and armor transmogs in 2.4.1 are all just standard white items, meaning they aren't account bound. So hold on to any you find and share the loot with your friends so everyone can be beautiful!

butts
  • Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    SO looking at patch notes....are all of these item/armor buffs retroactive, or will I need set items to drop again to get the new, better affixes?

• Options
    edited April 2016
    SO looking at patch notes....are all of these item/armor buffs retroactive, or will I need set items to drop again to get the new, better affixes?

It depends! A change to non-set legendaries is generally NOT retroactive. But in some cases it can be - I'm not 100% sure on this but the change to Depth Diggers being multiplicative is probably retroactive.

Set bonuses are and always will be retroactive.

However, when they do something like say "Inna's Daibo now provides 100% ally damage as a blue affix", that will NOT be retroactive.

Noggin on
  • Options
    kriegskriegs Registered User regular
    I assume legendary gems will be retroactive?

• Options
    Yes, the legendary gems are retroactive.

• Options
    QuantumTurkQuantumTurk Registered User regular
    Nice, good to know I don't need to go hunt another set of ancient items for my marauders set.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Noggin wrote: »

It depends! A change to non-set legendaries is generally NOT retroactive. But in some cases it can be - I'm not 100% sure on this but the change to Depth Diggers being multiplicative is probably retroactive.

Set bonuses are and always will be retroactive.

However, when they do something like say "Inna's Daibo now provides 100% ally damage as a blue affix", that will NOT be retroactive.

Yeah, changes to Legendary items going from additive damage to multiplicative = retroactive.

Something like say, Flow of Eternity gaining 100% SSS damage as an affix? NOT retroactive, you gotta farm a new one. NOTE, this also applies to any Cubed affixes. You HAVE to refarm those AND recube those, affixes in cube do NOT get updated.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    BUT, the extracted power should be upgraded if it is actively selected on your character at patch time.

Monk with Flow cubed? cube power will upgrade to 2.4.1 version.

Monk with Flow extracted, but not selected? no luck, get a new one. **

Flow sitting in your stash? nope, get a new one.

** someone claims on reddit that the cube powers update regardless. I don't believe that was the case before, so either that poster didn't know it should be selected, or being selected is actually no longer necessary. If you play nonseason, better safe than sorry for now.

*LAST EDIT I PROMISE :razz:* source: 2.4.1: Retroactive & Non-Retroactive Changes

Noggin on
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    Bonus patch goals complete! (This is all on PS4)

Solo GR goal: 80
    Bonus solo GR goal: 90
    Completed: 90! (details below)
    Last patch highest: 67

2-man GR goal: 90
    Bonus 2-man GR goal: 95
    Completed: 95
    Last patch highest: 71

4-man GR goal: 100
    Bonus 4-man goal: 105
    Completed: 110
    Last patch highest: 70 (didn't have a proper 4-man team)

Paragon goal: 1000
    Bonus paragon goal: 1100
    Completed: 1106
    Last patch: 821

Got the 90 on my second try, just now. Maps were Arreat/Cave/A5/Arreat, got good mobs on every level (A5 was the worst), got Erethon (sp?) as boss, managed to pin him up against a wall and burn him down in a little under two minutes, finished w/ 55 seconds left. Felt really, really good.

The 4-man team was 2 wizards, 1 zdps barb, 1 zdps monk. The barb build was the WW one popular at the start of the patch since on console wizards don't really need to use Power Hungry and/or globe gen supports. We weren't really fishing for perfect rifts or anything, just casually leveling. Some of the guys in the group have done 119s.

I'm taking a few days off from D3 now to enjoy my accomplishments and finish a game or two that fell by the wayside recently. See you guys in the next patch!

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    BUT, the extracted power should be upgraded if it is actively selected on your character at patch time.

Monk with Flow cubed? cube power will upgrade to 2.4.1 version.

Monk with Flow extracted, but not selected? no luck, get a new one. **

Flow sitting in your stash? nope, get a new one.

** someone claims on reddit that the cube powers update regardless. I don't believe that was the case before, so either that poster didn't know it should be selected, or being selected is actually no longer necessary. If you play nonseason, better safe than sorry for now.

*LAST EDIT I PROMISE :razz:* source: 2.4.1: Retroactive & Non-Retroactive Changes

Oooh that's a useful link. Handy to know, thanks!

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    New patch has dropped!

Although it seems like interest is not as high this time around.

• Options
    There's unfortunately not a lot going on that wasn't already possible.

Despite some excellent quality of life and cosmetic changes, I can understand why some people aren't that eager to play when it's mostly the same builds with bigger numbers.

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    I've been away from season five long enough that it'll feel relatively new, plus I plan on playing a demon hunter which I haven't done since... season two? Before the change to Marauder's and addition of the UE set, whenever that was

• Options
    There's unfortunately not a lot going on that wasn't already possible.

Despite some excellent quality of life and cosmetic changes, I can understand why some people aren't that eager to play when it's mostly the same builds with bigger numbers.

yeah I mean, I am trying to be interested and probably will play this new patch at least somewhat but I'm feeling it too

• Options
    Yup, at least there's the journey, new mogs, pets, and no more maghda shields!

...and I came back around to monk for the new season.

Crusader was tempting as my least played, but I have no interest in free akkhan. For LoN Frenzy barb, it makes way more sense to go for it late season or non-season. Meanwhile, wiz/doc/dh will each need something new and exciting for me.

With free Innas I can have a strong start, finally try generator monk, and have uliana's or storms to fall back on.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'll be jumping on for the start of the next season, but I'll probably only be playing the season long enough to get the extra tab before dropping back out.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    I'm thinking DH for season this time around

I went wiz last time and WD before that

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    i'm probably more excited/interested than i've ever been

was playing DH on PTR a bunch, and it was great

then i swapped down to console yesterday when the PTR went down. i ran through the campaign, because i hadn't bothered to beat it on console before (and you have to to get to adventure mode :( )

and i'm pretty excited for the new season to start

• Options
    trimmed my mail down to 120 items....

I have to say though, between all the drops from my season wizard and my non season wizards, I can probably gear all three of my 70 wiz's into fucking powerhouses

• Options
    edited April 2016
    It doesn't look like they raised the gem cap on consoles. We're stuck at 100 in stead of 150 on PC. I'm about at the cap with every gem I would use; this patch is gonna get boring real quick.

edit: I might have spoken too soon. Looks like they may have lifted it for damage gems.

HeraldS on
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    the top WD build is so fucking stupid

all you do is group with piranhado, cast soul harvest to buff defense, and then wall of death to power up your gargs

and then you just stand there and wait for your gargs to kill things

it's embarassing

• Options
    KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Code fondler Helping the 1% get richerRegistered User regular
    Nothing I like more than watching the gargs wander around humping every mob except the ones you need killed.

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular
    The top build of almost every class is stupid.

DH? Drop turrets, hold down Multi-Shot button.

Monk? Hold down primary button, occasionally hit another button, but you could skip that and still do fine.

Barb? Can't remember if it's Leapquake or IK6, but it's either Leap, Leap, Leap, etc. Or hold down favorite fury spender if you're running IK.

All of the top builds generally devolve into a 2-button mashfest. With the occasional superbuff skill, or perhaps a defensive one.

It's impossible for Bliz to make a class have multiple "best" builds, because it always boils down to the ladder-runners finding the absolute best build based upon large strings of numbers and spreadsheets, and everybody else generally copies that.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Leap Leap Leap, Boulder, Shout Shout Shout, Boulder, repeat.

Part of the problem is the massive amount of damage you have to do or take at higher levels, which typically necessitates taking your buff skills and eating skill slots on your bar. Plus resource limits.

I would love to not have to take 3 shouts on my leapbarb, or use a rune other than boulder, but then I wouldn't even be able to do TX.

• Options
    Repetitive builds are not nearly the same situation.

After you use piranhado, harvest, and wall you're done.

You've exhausted all your interactions with the game except movement. If all those are all on cooldown, you can't even break through an obstacle or door.

It's its very own level of stupid.

• Options
    leapquake and IK6/RK4 both have nuances to them which you can use to elevate your play

it kinda sucks that high difficulty narrows the choices you can make in your builds, but it's also pretty understandable

• Options

You've exhausted all your interactions with the game except movement. If all those are all on cooldown, you can't even break through an obstacle or door.

Hahahahaha you should play console then. We can at least roll through doors or barriers w/ the right analog stick.

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

If a skill is on cooldown, it triggers a basic attack. You can still break doors down. :P

• Options
    m!ttensm!ttens he/himRegistered User regular
    Morkath wrote: »

If a skill is on cooldown, it triggers a basic attack. You can still break doors down. :P

I seem to recall my WD doing a lot of standing around a season or two back. I think only some skills trigger the auto-attack, otherwise there's a whole lot of "I can't do that right now"

• Options

Sure, that's possible but still awkward.

You're keeping mobile and hanging back from monsters and suddenly you have to melee something, possibly more than once, then oops, your cooldown came back up and you wasted it, sorry.

I mean, what would be the obvious solution is to include a non-cd attack... but now the build is inferior the rest of the time.

All for something that is an afterthought for most other builds.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I would love to not have to take 3 shouts on my leapbarb, or use a rune other than boulder, but then I wouldn't even be able to do TX.

I exclusively make theme builds, which are of course all terrible, so I've never been able to get much further than Torment 8.

No regrets.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get back to my Quantity-over-quality Witch Doctor, my Mind Control Witch Doctor, my Army Crusader, and my Dodge Monk.

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    Ender wrote: »

Monk? Hold down primary button, occasionally hit another button, but you could skip that and still do fine.

Barb? Can't remember if it's Leapquake or IK6, but it's either Leap, Leap, Leap, etc. Or hold down favorite fury spender if you're running IK.

All of the top builds generally devolve into a 2-button mashfest. With the occasional superbuff skill, or perhaps a defensive one.

It's impossible for Bliz to make a class have multiple "best" builds, because it always boils down to the ladder-runners finding the absolute best build based upon large strings of numbers and spreadsheets, and everybody else generally copies that.

Did the best setup for Marauder DH change? Last I recall it was using Cluster Arrow with Manticore. That setup was more of a rhythm where you'd drop your turrets, cluster arrow a few times and mix in evasive fire to proc your F&R and bracers.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    the big hotness Shadow Marauders setup I saw going around apparently got nerfed, since 2p Shadow no longer affects pets

No idea how it fares now

• Options
    Saldonas wrote: »

Did the best setup for Marauder DH change? Last I recall it was using Cluster Arrow with Manticore. That setup was more of a rhythm where you'd drop your turrets, cluster arrow a few times and mix in evasive fire to proc your F&R and bracers.

going into 2.4.1 that seems to still be the best approach. there's also a chakram based build that could also be strong (seems to have basically the same GR ceiling).

• Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular

going into 2.4.1 that seems to still be the best approach. there's also a chakram based build that could also be strong (seems to have basically the same GR ceiling).

The best DH build seems to be a Legacy of Nightmare build after watching philosophios play last night

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    This seems like a good incremental patch, but still basically more of the same, which is not too surprising for a *.*.1 patch. Hoping for something a bit more game-changing the next time around - and please Blizz announce an expansion :(

• Options
    EnderEnder Registered User regular

Huh, never saw that variation. Well, I typically prefer Cluster to MS personally, I guess something changed on the Manticore (I'd guess +skill% damage) to make it more lucrative. It used to be nigh impossible to beat the Yang's + that MS quiver whose name I don't remember right now.

This discussion has been closed.