Options

[MSPA & Undertale] Yes, Homestuck is actually over | Vol. 10 out now

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Lauren is playing more Mother 3 on her stream! Still Chapter 7. She's now in a snowy area. Lauren's been going through some rough personal stuff, so let's make this stream extra excellent.

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    I feel like a weirdo liking Homestuck fan art from 7 years ago. I'm just passing through artists.

Anyway here's some art most of you have probably seen.
    tumblr_msbi6ioiAS1ri966go2_500.png
    tumblr_msbi6ioiAS1ri966go1_500.gif
    tumblr_mftjkypIOj1r1ixsdo1_1280.png
    tumblr_n36z8tynRV1r20bzvo1_1280.png
    tumblr_n2k5hvhtgg1so32iuo1_1280.png
    tumblr_myfu0pTMgk1r5cgd0o1_1280.png
    tumblr_n6gyozf01U1qg8i4wo1_1280.png
    tumblr_inline_nqu8v1AQQX1s3tv9s_540.png
    tumblr_o4tjh6oQlR1r3nqvto1_1280.png
    tumblr_nnii385yE11rtx1l9o1_1280.png
    tumblr_mvgzm93Hn31r31i92o1_1280.png
    zqbtrC5.jpg
    TdujL1E.jpgUM1HiYS.jpg
    JKnPBrf.jpg
    IyAu2vJ.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ashley don't click that there are ~spoilers~

and girls kissing

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    DON'T SAY THAT

I'M SO TEMPTED

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    one of them is blushing

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

I was not expecting him to do this one.

Not that I'm complaining. 8->

edit: god damn this is a good cover.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    I didn't notice any problems when I listened to it, maybe it got corrupted somehow?

Anyway, This Homestuck print on the store is super rad.
    One of the rare times they depict Calliope as an actual skull monster.

Though, to be fair, Caliborn is also very rarely depicted this way in order to show goofy faces.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    DON'T SAY THAT

I'M SO TEMPTED

Man, I have the absolute perfect fanart saved for that, but I'm not sure if Kanaya's appearance would be considered a spoiler for you?

I think she's just a chat name at that point.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    The rule is basically because the Trolls have become so common at cons and on tumblr that names and appearances are fine because I've seen most of them, plot points concerning them are a no go.

But I have seen Kanaya.

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    can we dump more classic homestuck farts

especially "all 4 kids hangin" ones. those are my favorites

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Kay

43E6m.png

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular

this lexxy one is definitely one of my favs, it's the only homestuck art i own

47mmK.png

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Yeah, sure, lemme just do a deep dive into my hella old fanart archive and...oh god

I saved 720 of these fucking things?

EDIT: A dang, some of these are large

http://i.imgur.com/V8nC0Ri.png

http://i.imgur.com/pO6ITGu.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/IYEfiGx.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ttNwuuA.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hnC97Ow.png

http://i.imgur.com/5i8LM2D.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WHyeTMS.jpg

EDIT: WHY ARE THEY ALL SO BIIIIIIIG?

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options

okay
    tumblr_mr1jniy3Ha1rwe4zxo1_1280.png
    tumblr_mr1jniy3Ha1rwe4zxo2_1280.png
    tumblr_mr1jniy3Ha1rwe4zxo3_1280.png
    tumblr_mr1jniy3Ha1rwe4zxo4_r1_1280.png
    tumblr_mgt0srnIZJ1qhut1no1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_n3zd6vXm4m1qa1ofqo1_400.png
    tumblr_lnxjed09ez1qahplio1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_nz8vuu464t1uees7do2_1280.png
    tumblr_lp4srcxUh51qeel1ao1_1280.png
    kids_in_the_game_of_life_by_mkaystampede-d3ixm26.png

2ohWien.png
  • Options
    SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    Hey in that one art why doesn't John have a be-ohhhhhhhhhhhh

• Options
    Now, this isn't fanart

But it might be one of my favorite panels Hussie drew

tW1rk.jpg

It's so good

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    My personal favorite panel is probably- Dapper, absolutely do not click this
    is probably this.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    thank you all

my favorite fan arts

time to stare at them in my fart cave pensively

SCREECH OF THE FARG on
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    how long ago did we first truncate fan art down to fart

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Stilts wrote: »
    Now, this isn't fanart

But it might be one of my favorite panels Hussie drew

tW1rk.jpg

It's so good
    WELCOME TO THE PARTY MOTHERFUCKERS

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    MirroMirro Registered User regular
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    It's a boring day at work so I figured I'd write up my thoughts on the kids. This is basically pre-Act 4 (I'm a little ways in but not much) so I know they'll change a bunch. That's part of the fun though right? Seeing how wrong I end up being.
    John: John is such a great audience surrogate character. He's really the only kid who's genuine most of the time and I really love that. He messes up but he always tries super hard and that's really inspiring. He really cares about the other kids so much and admidst all the irony and walls put up its so refreshing to see. He'll always supports them and even when berates them it's always with a smile. I've seen a bit of the issues he has and I'm interested to see where it goes.

Dave: I'm not really sure how I feel about Dave. He's got some of the funniest lines so far and I love his interactions with Rose but I feel like there's so much artiface that I'm just getting to see the dorky kid in there. Dave reminds of younger & shittier me and that may be why I don't click well with him. I've heard he has the best arc so I'll wait and see.

Rose: I LOVE ROSE. I know a lot of the things that run me wrong about Dave can be applied here but I just like her a lot. Part of it is that the "overcompensating intellilect" has been done a lot less then "overcompensating cool guy." Part of it is I just dig her whole style the most. I just love how she tries to help everyone with their mental issues but can't see the emotional powder keg that she is, or just won't see it. Plus she hates liquor like me.

Jade: Luke said people didn't like Jade at first and I get it. She's this seemingly very knowledgeable quirky girl who's almost annoyingly cute. I think all of that is played with super well. First I just think the whole thing with the sleeping and the visions and the reminders is cool. She also doesn't seem to get most of what she sees which I like. She's this girl all alone and she's just made this weird life for herself.

Ms Dapper on
    2ohWien.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    A video with some Undertale animations. Spoilers for everything.

• Options
    You definitely heard right. Dave has the best arc of the four main kids, with (I'd argue) Rose having the weakest.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Furu wrote: »
    You definitely heard right. Dave has the best arc of the four main kids, with (I'd argue) Rose having the weakest.

oh i don't really agree with that at all

rose's arc is really good all through act 5

act 6 it's weird and maybe a little sloppy because it's so wrapped up in the whole Thing that happens in late act 6 but i'm curious how that'll read when you can slam straight through it

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    in terms of character arcs i think they're all about equal, but i think dave ends up coming off like the most fully fleshed out 3 dimensional character

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular

act 6 it's weird and maybe a little sloppy because it's so wrapped up in the whole Thing that happens in late act 6 but i'm curious how that'll read when you can slam straight through it

I'd have to read it again, but overall I think Rose's arc was solid, just ... realistically teenage-y. Which isn't necessarily cathartic or super coherent, hence the sloppiness, but I feel like she's one of the people who did manage to find some real resolution
    by getting to know Roxy and understand Mom more by proxy. The retcon made her stuff kinda wacky though.

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    It's a boring day at work so I figured I'd write up my thoughts on the kids. This is basically pre-Act 4 (I'm a little ways in but not much) so I know they'll change a bunch. That's part of the fun though right? Seeing how wrong I end up being.
    John: John is such a great audience surrogate character. He's really the only kid who's genuine most of the time and I really love that. He messes up but he always tries super hard and that's really inspiring. He really cares about the other kids so much and admidst all the irony and walls put up its so refreshing to see. Heal always supports them and even when berates them it's always with a smile. I've seen a bit of the issues he has and I'm interested to see where it goes.

Dave: I'm not really sure how I feel about Dave. He's got some of the funniest lines so far and I love his interactions with Rose but I feel like there's so much artiface that I'm just getting to see the dorky kid in there. Dave reminds of younger & shittier me and that may be why I don't click well with him. I've heard he has the best arc so I'll wait and see.

Rose: I LOVE ROSE. I know a lot of the things that run me wrong about Dave can be applied here but I just like her a lot. Part of it is that the "overcompensating intellilect" has been done a lot less then "overcompensating cool guy." Part of it is I just dig her whole style the most. I just love how she tries to help everyone with their mental issues but can't see the emotional powder keg that she is, or just won't see it. Plus she hates liquor like me.

Jade: Luke said people didn't like Kade at first and I get it. She's this seemingly very knowledgable quirky girl who's almost annoyingly cute. I think all of that is played with super well. First I just think the whole thing with the sleeping and the visions and the reminders is cool. She also doesn't seem to get most of what she sees which I like. She's this girl all alone and she's just made this weird life for herself.

Them's some good kidpinions you've got there. All the kids are the best, but especially John is the best. And also especially Dave is the best.

Don't read this Ashley
    But ALSO Roxy is the secret ACTUAL best.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

I'd have to read it again, but overall I think Rose's arc was solid, just ... realistically teenage-y. Which isn't necessarily cathartic or super coherent, hence the sloppiness, but I feel like she's one of the people who did manage to find some real resolution
    by getting to know Roxy and understand Mom more by proxy. The retcon made her stuff kinda wacky though.
    yeah the retcons are what i'm talking about

her like, big character moment is when she tells kanaya and roxy that she loves them right before she dies

which... doesn't actually happen?

• Options
    tynic wrote: »

yeah the retcons are what i'm talking about

her like, big character moment is when she tells kanaya and roxy that she loves them right before she dies

which... doesn't actually happen?

This is mainly what I'm referring to when I say it's weak, yeah.
    Then she's kind of to the side towards the actual end of the story except for, ironically, the bit where she freaks out about her character arc being nonsense

• Options
  • Options
    Moth 13 wrote: »
    A video with some Undertale animations. Spoilers for everything.

This is so sweet, I love all of it.

This is probably my favorite fan animation, right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSTcRzpL7pQ

• Options
    edited May 2016
    reading a random chunk of homestuck
    the part where they explore the dream bubbles to find the origin of doc scratch

AA: in the soot of my ruined hive i scrawled my part of the code
    AA: completing the phrase of legend
    AA: the persisting sounds said to accompany the ultimate demise of the tyrant less an arm and an eye

whooooo is the tyrant

it can't be bec noir, he never meets his demise, and he's not even defeated until much much later

can't be lord english, he has both his arms and eyes

spades slick and vriska are both "tyrants" in their own ways, and they both at least seem to die around the time lord english is summoned, but it's not the ultimate demise of either of them. slick survives until the end of act 6 and who the fuck knows what happened to vriska

and besides which vriska has her arm and eye back by that point

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Man this reread is really hammering home how much Act 5 is when things get weird

cB557 on
  • Options
    Oh yeah.

That's another thing, Ashley.

Not gonna spoil anything specific, but basically act 5 is when things go in a really bizarre direction with some new characters, and the fandom basically exploded.

This discussion has been closed.