Options

[NBA] One Shining #Knickstape

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    no one would be surprised if the warriors won 3 of 4 right now though - they could still win without draymond but if you lose that game, it becomes 3 elimination games in a row which is ... hard.

i think it's unlikely he gets suspended though. if isaiah didn't get suspended in the celtics/hawks series, i don't think draymond gets it here

also since no one wants to see this series decided (or even just incorrectly thought to be decided) by a borderline suspension

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I think it will get upgraded to a flagrant 2 and he's just going to have to watch his shit.

• Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    He's their second best player and arguably the most crucial part of the small ball lineup. If he can't play they can't run that lineup which may not have been devastating so far in this series but has been a huge part to their success this season.

I think at most it's elevated to a flagrant 2 and he gets one game but I have my doubts even that happens. It's probably too subjective of a call for them to render a suspension on an all star player.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Suspend him. Not because I think it was intentional, because I don't, but because he played like dog shit.

The curse of the Beats Headphones commercials persists.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Suspend him. Not because I think it was intentional

• Options
    whatever

• Options
    I don't understand how you unintentionally kick someone in the groin twice in consecutive games. I don't think Green is necessarily aiming for the balls but I do think he's aiming to give his opponents a bit of his knee when he's going towards the basket.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    Warriors lost to my Nuggets without Draymond

dynasties are over

• Options
    To even bring the game 2 play into question is ridiculous. Driving full speed towards the basket, making a contested layup, and then magically having the presence of mind to think about kneeing someone in the junk, or anywhere else is asinine.

I think he exaggerated the foul in game 3, and I do think he got out of control trying to sell it, but I don't think his intention was to kick the guy where he did, just to flail like the flopper he is.

It's easy to watch slow motion replays of things and get all worked up, but at full speed with everything else going on it's hard for me to believe there was any malicious intent.

• Options
    Maximum wrote: »
    To even bring the game 2 play into question is ridiculous. Driving full speed towards the basket, making a contested layup, and then magically having the presence of mind to think about kneeing someone in the junk, or anywhere else is asinine.

I think he exaggerated the foul in game 3, and I do think he got out of control trying to sell it, but I don't think his intention was to kick the guy where he did, just to flail like the flopper he is.

It's easy to watch slow motion replays of things and get all worked up, but at full speed with everything else going on it's hard for me to believe there was any malicious intent.

Good thing nobody in this thread or even in the media is suggesting what you are describing. No one believes Green has purposely developed the muscle memory to repeatedly kick people in the junk and I literally just said that very thing in my last post. Your slow-motion vs full speed doesn't hold much water with the game 3 event either because the play was over. Green already got the whistle he was trying to draw then dove into Adams in a very peculiar motion (that pretty much nobody does) without even a ball in his hands. It was not a basketball play.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2016
    Draymond Green set an NBA playoff record last night by being -43 while on the court.

Raijin Quickfoot on
  • Options
    No suspension for Green

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    maybe not the right call from a punishment standpoint, but absolutely the right call for like...everything else

• Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    That's bullshit.

kyrcl.png
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Especially since Dahntay Jones got suspended for the same damn thing.

• Options
    I'm not surprised but the league better hope he doesn't commit another flagrant or they'll look even dumber.

I also hope Adams wears a cup

• Options
    edited May 2016
    He should wear a cup with mini spikes/studs on it.

EDIT: Like the ones you see on everything inside Hot Topic

Goose! on
  • Options
    Goose! wrote: »
    Especially since Dahntay Jones got suspended for the same damn thing.

Which has no bearing with this decision at all.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Cleveland, stop shooting 3's

• Options
    I think it will get upgraded to a flagrant 2 and he's just going to have to watch his shit.

I was right!

• Options
    Cleveland fucking around has allowed Toronto to gain confidence and comfort

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    I can't wait to watch Lebron murder someone without a call.

This shit is atrocious.

• Options
    Toronto is really good in ugly games.

• Options
    AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    That was all ball.

Jesus Christ.

• Options
    No because it's impossible to clean block a LeBron dunk. He's too good.

• Options
    Looked like he got him on the hands to me but whatever.

Cleveland looks slow as hell on both ends of the floor. No energy at all. Even their passes are lazy

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Kevin Love sucks so so so bad these last two games

Not only does he have no confidence in either his shot or defense

He can't even catch a damn pass right now

He has the yips so bad

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    He needs more chocolate milk oh my god

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Kevin Love sucks so so so bad these last two games

Not only does he have no confidence in either his shot or defense

He can't even catch a damn pass right now

He has the yips so bad

And while Thompson is losing boards to Biyombo on both ends of the floor he's essentially worthless.

Butters on
  • Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    No suspension for Green

if he plays like he did last night that's an even worse punishment that suspending him

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    I've been watching every Cavs game without sound (I missed two of the Detroit games) and am watching this one with sound

...I'd just mute it, but the resolution on my laptop makes it hard to see anything

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Lebron you can't just, like, bear hug a dude on defense

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    That 3-shot personal on Smith really harmed the potential of a comeback.

• Options
    The Cavs really don't deserve this game but goddamn Channing Frye is the man.

• Options
    These refs should never work another game in their lives.

• Options
    Toronto can stop complaining about fouls forever, thanks.

• Options
    Lowry literally molested James' arm on that "steal"

• Options
    That was a foul on JR Smith by Biyombo too.

• Options
    And they don't even think of trapping Lowery on the that possession despite that strategy being the vehicle for them getting back in this game. Refs have been allowing all sorts of contact in the final minutes this entire post season and they let him in untouched. Inexcusable.

• Options
    wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    What is going on in Cleveland.

The curse too much to overcome?

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
This discussion has been closed.