As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Agents of [The Division] - Directive 51 remains in effect

• Options
    ArdentArdent Down UpsideRegistered User regular
    Include your Uplay ID and/or get on the list and friendzone some of us.

There's like a dozen PA folks who are trying to run with each other with some regularity.

Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    anyone in 25-29 DV want to grind some levels before getting thrown to the wolves?

• Options
    DrellokDrellok Bogey's Turrible Wingman Registered User regular
    Ubi/Massive just posted on their forums a list of user suggestions that have already been forwarded on to the teams involved.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1425882-Suggestions-we-have-already-forwarded
    Aim Toggle - ADS Toggle
    Facial accessories - Hide
    Glasses to act as cosmetic items
    Speech loop in BoO (a.k.a. crying guy near crafting)
    Exiting Game when kicked because of maintenance (currently no option to exit)
    Be able to craft multiple items at the same time (particularly materials)
    More Character Customization
    Let players rebind Alt Key on PC
    Clan support
    Voice Indicator (indicator when you're using voice)
    Battle Stats
    Compare weapons without mods
    Mission scaling
    Lock Items for deconstruct/selling
    More filter possibilities
    Fast travel to Brooklyn
    Inspect other player’s gear
    Weapon skins to function as cosmetic items (not taking up space in inventory)
    Buyback option at vendor
    Preview cosmetic items in DZ, or have them not count toward DZ inventory
    Option to save outfits (cosmetic)
    Option to preview cosmetic items
    Competitive team v team mode
    Random world events to give love to lower level areas after endgame (random world bosses in low level areas for instance)
    Sound indicator when group is found with matchmaking
    Option for Class Setups (auto-equip, needing cooldown and out-of-combat qualifiers)
    Make civilians drop weapon skins
    Let weapon skins be used on multiple weapons (not single-use)
    Vote kick for matchmade groups instead of leader's discretion
    Hoodies with hoods up
    Half-face masks such as bandanas, balaclavas

I'd love to see some of these changes for sure.

XBL: DrellokTV
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Anyone available to do the challenge? I cannot get a good group to finish it.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I will do the challenge on xbone. Digitalwolfe.

Nevermind, off to doing things.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    I don't dare to hope the "craft multiple materials at once" will be in the 4/12 patch.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    I keep getting to the valve portion of the instance and then it goes to hell. Gonna headbutt my wall.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    It turns out that you can indeed solo all of the challenge modes. Since I banged out RC earlier today I figured I might as well give the power plant a shot and aside an embarrassing death in the beginning due to me forgetting to switch back to survival link instead of tactical it wasn't that bad.

The timed section was a complete disaster though and while I blew through it in one go I may have cut it a little close as seen in the pic. I blame the last three mobs for insisting that we should play hide and seek, forcing me to actually chase them down while they scurried from cover to cover every time I took a shot at them. Mob behaviour when you are solo is sometimes hilarious for some reason and the spawns can get a little weird in places.
    x62bkxcunynq.jpg

Numi on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Numi wrote: »
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Solo consulate?! You're gonna have to post your gear man...

It's nothing really special, though I was using the bugged mask regen because otherwise the run would have been three times as long as I had to wait on healing cooldowns. Damage reduction from armor is about 54% and I don't know if the chest is still bugged but if it is then I have another 10% damage reduction from here. A good trick to learn is that if you are in a cover against a corner but have the space to move back a bit you can shoot without exposing yourself, it confuses mobs too as they won't open up on you like you do when you are at the very edge and leaning out.

Something funny that happened at the end of the run was that Hornet and his merry men pushed like crazy and had me all the way back to the stairs you enter from, you can see how far forward he died in one of the pics. After clearing Hornet and the first wave of guys the second wave never showed up, it turns out they where standing back by the door they spawned from looking lost and I could just walk out.

Gear and some images
    im5cympiwpdr.jpg

If that's not an indication how silly it is to rely on paper doll DPS then I don't know what is. You've got 800 less Firearms or so and the same weapon (which may be optimized a little better than mine but still) but 40k or so more DPS compared to me. And I know I'm getting the benefit of that talent that buffs crit chance of the first few rounds so that'll skew it even further since I'm pretty sure the game doesn't calculate that properly

edit: no wait, I've got less Firearms than I remembered. I do have more but only a couple hundred more but either way the point stands.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    My friends didnt have a single Challenge Mode completion, loaded up Lincoln and 3 manned that shit.

I got another Solid Teal skin for my weapon, a HE Holster that was an upgrade in itself (that had an ability of activating Regen twice as fast, while in cover) and my 2nd ever HE weapon drop, an MP5.

While my friends got crap HE armor pieces that was worse than the purples they had. :?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Wow, you've got about the same stats as me... congrats man.

What's that Shade Tech drop?

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    NumiNumi Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Wow, you've got about the same stats as me... congrats man.

What's that Shade Tech drop?

It's just the quest item that you are supposed to pick up during "examine hornets body".

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    My friends didnt have a single Challenge Mode completion, loaded up Lincoln and 3 manned that shit.

I got another Solid Teal skin for my weapon, a HE Holster that was an upgrade in itself (that had an ability of activating Regen twice as fast, while in cover) and my 2nd ever HE weapon drop, an MP5.

While my friends got crap HE armor pieces that was worse than the purples they had. :?

The same here for HE pieces. I get the feeling they may be balanced for less armor/more stat impact, but the stat impacts are usually negligible over the purples and the armor decrease very significant.

I just get the feeling that the endgame that exists is proto-content to satisfy an incredibly small minority that got to 30/50dz playing normally. They were not counting for exploits that allow players to get weeks worth of gear in a single night.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    The shooting range should just have a "Damage calculator" dummy where you unload for 10 seconds, and then it tells you how much damage you did to it.

• Options
    edited April 2016

The same here for HE pieces. I get the feeling they may be balanced for less armor/more stat impact, but the stat impacts are usually negligible over the purples and the armor decrease very significant.

I just get the feeling that the endgame that exists is proto-content to satisfy an incredibly small minority that got to 30/50dz playing normally. They were not counting for exploits that allow players to get weeks worth of gear in a single night.

Well it was also that I got the Challenge Mode weapon skin that my one friend wanted and also a HE MP5 that would have given my other friend a pretty sizeable dps boost.

... Just let me trade them this shit and to avoid abuse, just lock items to only be tradeable between members in the same instance that were present when it dropped, for example.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular

Well it was also that I got the Challenge Mode weapon skin that my one friend wanted and also a HE MP5 that would have given my other friend a pretty sizeable dps boost.

... Just let me trade them this shit and to avoid abuse, just lock items to only be tradeable between members in the same instance that were present when it dropped, for example.

Trading is coming with the April 12 update.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I thought the trading was just supposed to be for Dark Zone contaminated drops? If it really is much more than that, it would be nice for me to just hand my friends good gear I'm not going to use.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I thought the trading was just for Dark Zone contaminated drops? If it really is much more than that, it would be nice for me to just hand my friends good gear I'm not using.

It's for all gear. PVE can be done anywhere but DZ you have to do it at a checkpoint or safe room.

You have two hours from getting an item to drop it for someone else to pick up.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Depends on how they view their loot system. if they are thinking more "Diablo" than "WoW", then yeah, item trading is no big deal and should be in. If they are thinking more MMO style loot, item trading will come hand in hand with item binding, because there are going to be pieces they don't want people to get without actually doing the content. Before long nearly everything is bind on equip, and then item trading becomes only marginally useful. I still haven't figured out how Massive views this game yet through that lens.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I would't worry about boe stuff as you can only trade it for 2 hours and the player you are trading it to had to have been in your group when you got the item.

"Player can drop items to give it to the other players in the group that were present as you got the item

Restrictions:
    -Dark Zone you have to go to a Checkpoints to trade the item (safe area)
    -Dropped loot can be picked up by all players in the group
    -Items can be dropped and traded multiple times in the 2h window after pickup"

Seidkona on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Thats pretty much what I wanted so thats a good addition.

Its just too bad they didnt have it in on launch though.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Depends on how they view their loot system. if they are thinking more "Diablo" than "WoW", then yeah, item trading is no big deal and should be in. If they are thinking more MMO style loot, item trading will come hand in hand with item binding, because there are going to be pieces they don't want people to get without actually doing the content. Before long nearly everything is bind on equip, and then item trading becomes only marginally useful. I still haven't figured out how Massive views this game yet through that lens.

you can do a lot more item trading in wow than in diablo nowadays

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular

Nah, if you look at blueprints you can see the ranges. I don't think you're remembering that the HEs you're looking at may just not have additional armor rolled as a stat while the purples did. In general there is an increase in all stats. And if you jump from even L31 Purples to L31 decent crafted Golds you do get a large benefit.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Looks like I finally caught a little luck. Ended up getting a Reckless chest with not terrible rolls (though ilvl 30), and rolled a pretty decent BM AK-74 with Fierce and Brutal, with mods it's only got 10% less critchance than my Vector.

P3zsdth.jpg
    D2OhKE1.jpg

• Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    Is there any information anywhere to what major attributes gear mods can roll?

• Options
    SimpsoniaSimpsonia Registered User regular
    Panda4You wrote: »
    Is there any information anywhere to what major attributes gear mods can roll?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1giZHpZ8uXET4qncFPLJC-FU_NowQH-fD7iUJ-avUrIs/edit#gid=93023479

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    OH no... I just joined a MM mission and there's a REAL LIFE GIRL on the voice chat. Let's see how this goes...
    Very civil. Ha :P

Everybody was nice, and the only problems were that we couldn't get the mission to start for one of the dailies, so we breezed through the other hard daily and spent some time in the DZ.

Got ganked at an extraction by another group though. I should have suggested we go to another extract zone but I didn't feel like talking. The guy got his HE drop out, and a few other successful extracts though.

Got ganked by another group too, duo from behind with crit-hoses. But good times.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    And just when I thought I was having a good night, my Firearms HE backpack glitched and I equipped another one so I don't get locked out of my account. but my gun is also gone and it had my HE mods on it and well...

not that happy atm.

• Options
    SatsumomoSatsumomo Rated PG! Registered User regular
    In my experience, I didn't lose anything. You just need to relog and you'll find your stuff again.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Yeah, I'm relogging now to see what happens.

edit: they came back. I had deleted several pieces of gear and mods though before logging too. I don't know if that was a factor or not.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Hey you know what is a laugh riot? Ruining someone else who has limited time to play's evening by kicking them from consulate at the very end.

Man I bet those guys were laughing.

Me I had to stay up way too late and do it a second time.

• Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    Finally hit Level 30 in the DZ, now I don't have to rely on friends being online to hit some chests. Is there a recommended non-DZ level for DZ play? I'm in the 20-24 bracket and I'm worried about going any further and meeting all the pros.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Zenitram wrote: »
    Finally hit Level 30 in the DZ, now I don't have to rely on friends being online to hit some chests. Is there a recommended non-DZ level for DZ play? I'm in the 20-24 bracket and I'm worried about going any further and meeting all the pros.

What do you want out of the DZ? Right now it's not really a focus for most players, many players just go into it because there are schematics that unlock with rank 50 but also require a pain in the butt crafting material so some prefer to ignore those and wait for Base of Operations schematics to cycle. Grinding up to rank 50 before you hit level 30 is possible but you're missing out on the daily hard and challenge missions so you'd be missing out on the primary methods of gearing up. Going in to hunt rogues is going to be slow since there won't be as many players in the below 30 player brackets. Going in to start shit with other players sub-30 could be an option if that's what you want out of it.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I think level 29 is the go to level for grinding DZ levels.

Move to New Zealand
    It’s not a very important country most of the time
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/mortious
  • Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    Finally got some time to play and figured out how to a) disassemble shit (but not before pretty much selling all my extra crap, so not much crafting mats got made) b) build my own gear, and what the interface looks like to show you what you have vs need c) and these get the supply missions are bullshit the first time since you don't know where the next phase of the defending part is. Especially if it's up a ladder on an overpass. Fuck that noise.

• Options
    MortiousMortious The Nightmare Begins Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Took 6 attempts before I found a non-bugged Russian Con mission

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    Ran into a cheater in the DZ. Time to see if the report system actually does anything.

But it pretty much means I can't play tonight.

Move to New Zealand
  • Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    Okay, @ObiFett I'm ready to join you in Challenging dailies now:
    SQRXgR1h.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So darkzone 50 now, didnt really take too long. I feel like I'm playing a different game to some people. I get HE drops often enough, I enjoy the darkzone, and find the social experiment aspect of it fascinating. There are some annoyances in there sometimes but above 50, I can kill your ass for being a dick and not care if I get killed when rogue.

• Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So darkzone 50 now, didnt really take too long. I feel like I'm playing a different game to some people. I get HE drops often enough, I enjoy the darkzone, and find the social experiment aspect of it fascinating. There are some annoyances in there sometimes but above 50, I can kill your ass for being a dick and not care if I get killed when rogue.

Did you do it mostly solo or in groups? and did you go all over or stick to certain zones? I'm interested in starting the grind soon.

1Gn4PNI.png