As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] FF7 Golden Saucer Dating Sim continues. New DU tomorrow night.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    Glad the daily refresh will replenish my mythril after I had a moment of weakness and tried one last time for Agrias' shield. Alas, just not meant to be for my Lightning.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    TakelTakel Registered User regular
    urrrrk.... tempted to make one last 3 pull...
    I know in my mind that the chances I'll get anything out of it are very slim... but there's that chance you know...

Steam | PSN: MystLansfeld | 3DS: 4656-6210-1377 | FFXIV: Lavinia Lansfeld
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Holy crap! Ace Stiker + Lifesiphon is no joke. Having Fenrir Overdrive ready in 2 actions is game changing.

Oh, and Steiner's MCII dropped. Time to egg him to 65 and break him again. His MCIII sounds like it'll be very good for a white Mage.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Holy crap! Ace Stiker + Lifesiphon is no joke. Having Fenrir Overdrive ready in 2 actions is game changing.

Oh, and Steiner's MCII dropped. Time to egg him to 65 and break him again. His MCIII sounds like it'll be very good for a white Mage.

It's only a difference of one less Lifesiphon per SB, and your Lifesiphons and SBs hit 20% harder with a +damage Materia.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »
    Fry wrote: »
    Hrm. Swiftform doesn't seem that exciting if you also have Shout native. If you assume that Ramza and Agrias are going to be doing basic attacks at some point without the extra ability uses, then getting a recharge on Saint Cross and Full Break is netting you +2.4x damage for Saint Cross and +1.1x damage for Full Break, or 3.5x damage (plus some extra Full Break uptime). That's kind of lowish damage output for a soul break these days. If you didn't already have Shout giving you Hastega, then Swiftform would look a lot better.

On the other hand, if your hones are good enough that you aren't running out of whatever the second ability on Ramza and Agrias are, Swiftform looks even worse.

On the other other hand, if your last character was Locke with Thief's Revenge instead of Red, you'd also be getting +2.5 damage for refilling TR, putting the value of Swiftform at ~6.0x damage, which is a solid SB!

The point of Swiftform is that it lets you get more uses out of crucial mitigation abilities like Full Break, Breakdowns, 4* Dances, Protectga/Shellga (and the Etudes) etc.

If you compare it purely on the level of output for damage abilities, then yeah, it comes up short.
    Other than Full Break, which I've already noted is a point in favor of Swiftform (the pain of 30 MPOs to get from nothing to R2 is real), you should probably have 100% uptime on all of that anyway. Other than boss rushes, I find it's rare to need more than 4 uses of a Breakdown/dance, or 2 uses of Protectga/Shellga/bard defenses, because fights just don't last much longer than 60s. Getting Breakdowns to R2 isn't that onerous except for right as you're getting started.

• Options
    BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    Back up to fifty mythril. Not going to feed the Tactics banner anymore. Fool me six times, shame on you. Fool me seven times shame on me.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    O7YIWdW.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Switched my RW to Faithful Companion with 421 ATK in Tactics, if anyone wants to give that a shot for clearing Archaeodemons, or if you just need some more brofist in your life. rP2E is the code

Garnet dropped her IX-only RM2 while I was catching up on dungeon updates. You could learn from her example, Josef. *glares*

Fry on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    I ran out of FFIV elite dungeons to clear trying to get Decil and Fusoya to drop their RM2s, after the exp daily ends I'll start in on clearing all the FFIX dungeons so Garnet can not drop her RM2. :(

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2016

It's only a difference of one less Lifesiphon per SB, and your Lifesiphons and SBs hit 20% harder with a +damage Materia.

If you're realm sync'd with Shout, getting out another B/SSB in less one turn is a possible 20-30K damage more than waiting to Lifesiphon for 7-8K

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I ran out of FFIV elite dungeons to clear trying to get Decil and Fusoya to drop their RM2s, after the exp daily ends I'll start in on clearing all the FFIX dungeons so Garnet can not drop her RM2. :(

Good news, the best stage for grinding out RMs is in FFIV. So those two should be very low cost to get, ultimately. This morning I'm back to having every RM I've unlocked as obtainable. Orbfest put me like 10 characters behind on that.

• Options

Oh.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah, now that I've got Locke for his utter silliness, I typically run Life Siphon and Tempo Flurry on him, and then I'll use either Red Wings or Adventurer's Dagger, depending on what I've got equipped.

• Options

Good news, the best stage for grinding out RMs is in FFIV. So those two should be very low cost to get, ultimately. This morning I'm back to having every RM I've unlocked as obtainable. Orbfest put me like 10 characters behind on that.

yeah, figure i'll get around to that once i'm out of elite dungeons to do. gonna be boring as hell, though

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular

Oh.

Well, without Ace Striker, 3x Lifesiphon + get hit once = 1 SB bar. Pretty easy to count on getting hit once in that time, especially against Ultimates who typically have AoE.

That's not to say there isn't a time and a place for Ace Striker. Maybe you have an SSB with just a few huge hits (like Paladin Cecil's), and you can still cap at 9999 with Ace Striker. Getting 2 SB bars in 4 turns instead of 6 might be useful for some fights, or in some circumstances. The need to burst down Bahamut Sin's energy spheres, or plow through his dog spawns, might mean you just plain old want more SSB activations in less time.

From a pure damage standpoint, with any SB/SSB that has a ton of small hits (like Fenrir Overdrive), the best damage output would be a character with 590 ATK including gear synergy + Boostega, and a 20% damage RM on top of that. But that's not always the optimal setup.

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular

yeah, figure i'll get around to that once i'm out of elite dungeons to do. gonna be boring as hell, though

Turn on a Youtube video on a second device or a TV show, set speed to 5 and fill the party with people who could drop RMs, glance down to see if things have popped out each time.

• Options
    ran the numbers. currently have 6039 stamina worth of elite dungeons left to clear

figure that'll take a couple months, nice

remaining dungeons
    FF2: 3 dungeons, 243 stamina
    FF3: 6 dungeons, 406 stamina
    FF5: 25 dungeons, 1816 stamina
    FF6: 15 dungeons, 1155 stamina
    FF7: 5 dungeons, 387 stamina
    FF8: 7 dungeons, 527 stamina
    FF9: 5 dungeons, 366 stamina
    FF10: 3 dungeons, 204 stamina
    FF12: 8 dungeons, 569 stamina
    FF13: 5 dungeons, 366 stamina

i should try to pull some more FF5 synergy, huh. no natural 5* relics for that realm.

• Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    makes me sad having gone through all the available mythril before the massive surge in power creep

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Managed to get enough mythril to do two 3-pulls. Figured that'd be all I'd spend on Tactics, since I already did an 11-pull that landed me nothing.

Got 3 generic 5* out of the two pulls. No SBs whatsoever.

Yeah, I'm done with this banner. Just gonna save up for the next fest.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Beasteh wrote: »
    makes me sad having gone through all the available mythril before the massive surge in power creep

You also got all the mythril and orbs and accessories from events that people starting later didn't.

I'm planning myself on pulling a couple times on Basch's banner because my FF12 RS is awful and it's full of great stuff. I need IX and IV RS too, but none of the upcoming banners are very appealing, so I'll probably just save after that for the BSBfest and chase Cecil's sword.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

I've been sitting on Divine Guardian and not knowing it for I don't know how long, because I just gave the damn thing to Rinoa because her weapon was crap. Dammit

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2016

Oh.

If you have other boostgas or boosting effects it's probably still worth it. Getting a third SB on turn 6 vs turn 9 is a huge deal and not to be discounted just because you may be doing a bit less damage. Especially on tougher fights where any turn you can save is less damage you are taking. As important as damage is, it's not the end all be all when it comes to RMs, and stuff like Ace Striker can be very key on teams that focus around Life Siphon and already have damage boosts available.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    For IV RMs, I'd just wait for them to show up in Tuesdaily if you don't have any realms left. You always need more Power orbs.

• Options
    edited April 2016
    So I can swap in DG as my Medica, but that loses me Penelo, who is also my Boostga. This uncouples my Boost from Medic, which is good, but now I'm out Boost and doubled up on Haste, which is bad. I can get a Boost off Jecht, and I guess swap him in for Leila (Haste), which is good, but he's stuck at 50 and I'm down to one MC lode, which is bad.

Edit: Sod, this also couples Haste/Medic, which is... Okay I guess, it's regen not a heal.

So I guess I could go:

Garnet (DG Medic/Haste)
    Rinoa
    Jecht (Boost)
    Auron
    ?? (Lightning? Support?)

Auron is by far my beefiest hitter, and can Drawtaliate...

I'd rather have the Potassium Benzoate.

dporowski on
  • Options
    Here's a Core Only guy downing Belias. He put out a call for very specifically geared RWs capable of one-shotting the Archaeodemons, and a few people obliged. Might be worth stealing one of those friend codes if you're gonna try that strategy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4e4iox/ultimate_belias_core_only_free_equipment_slg_and/

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Ugh, because I am an idiot I did 2 more pulls on tactics, bringing my total to 12 11 pulls because damnit I just want a Ramza SB of any sort. Didn't get any SB items :/ 1 4* pull and the dagger. Guess that brings me up to 600+550 on wall or tactics banner without a wall or platinum sword.

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    So I can swap in DG as my Medica, but that loses me Penelo, who is also my Boostga. This uncouples my Boost from Medic, which is good, but now I'm out Boost and doubled up on Haste, which is bad. I can get a Boost off Jecht, and I guess swap him in for Leila (Haste), which is good, but he's stuck at 50 and I'm down to one MC lode, which is bad.

Edit: Sod, this also couples Haste/Medic, which is... Okay I guess, it's regen not a heal.

So I guess I could go:

Garnet (DG Medic/Haste)
    Rinoa
    Jecht (Boost)
    Auron
    ?? (Lightning? Support?)

Garnet-Summons
    Penelo
    Auron
    Whatever physical person
    Support, generally

• Options
    edited April 2016
    Frosteey wrote: »

So I guess I could go:

Garnet (DG Medic/Haste)
    Rinoa
    Jecht (Boost)
    Auron
    ?? (Lightning? Support?)

Garnet-Summons
    Penelo
    Auron
    Whatever physical person
    Support, generally

So don't bother with a BLM? (Noting that I have currently one summon, that being the one they gave us all free.)

dporowski on
  • Options
    edited April 2016

So I guess I could go:

Garnet (DG Medic/Haste)
    Rinoa
    Jecht (Boost)
    Auron
    ?? (Lightning? Support?)

Garnet-Summons
    Penelo
    Auron
    Whatever physical person
    Support, generally

So don't bother with a BLM? (Noting that I have currently one summon, that being the one they gave us all free.)

Black Magic isn't required for most content. You've got Auron SSB to tear down DEF, so that directs you towards wanting a physical party. The general tools for success are Hastega, Medica, Boostga/Faithga, and Wall. You've got Haste covered with Garnet, you have Medica covered between Garnet and Penelo, you've got small boostga with Penelo, and you have small wall with Garnet. You might want to stock up on Hand of the Emperor RWs: that gives +ATK and +DEF and stacks with everything else you've got going on. The combination of Hand with War Dance actually gives you more +ATK than just Shout would, but you'll be a good deal less DEF and RES than a true Wall. The ATK break portion of Auron's SSB will help with that, but you'll want to make sure you have Shellga up for anything using magic.

Or you still have Leila's Haste + Shell SB available to you, so if you wanted to go more physical offense heavy, you can use her in place of Garnet, and have Penelo carry something like Protectga + whatever version of Cure you're running. Yay for options!

Fry on
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Fry wrote: »

So I guess I could go:

Garnet (DG Medic/Haste)
    Rinoa
    Jecht (Boost)
    Auron
    ?? (Lightning? Support?)

Garnet-Summons
    Penelo
    Auron
    Whatever physical person
    Support, generally

Black Magic isn't required for most content. You've got Auron SSB to tear down DEF, so that directs you towards wanting a physical party. The general tools for success are Hastega, Medica, Boostga/Faithga, and Wall. You've got Haste covered with Garnet, you have Medica covered between Garnet and Penelo, you've got small boostga with Penelo, and you have small wall with Garnet. You might want to stock up on Hand of the Emperor RWs: that gives +ATK and +DEF and stacks with everything else you've got going on. The combination of Hand with War Dance actually gives you more +ATK than just Shout would, but you'll be a good deal less DEF and RES than a true Wall. The ATK break portion of Auron's SSB will help with that, but you'll want to make sure you have Shellga up for anything using magic.

Or you still have Leila's Haste + Shell SB available to you, so if you wanted to go more physical offense heavy, you can use her in place of Garnet, and have Penelo carry something like Protectga + whatever version of Cure you're running. Yay for options!

... I didn't know it did that, Auron's SSB. I thought it just hit things real good. Okay so that changes my assessment. Neato. Edit: And it's ranged?! Wow.

I appreciate all the advice, btw.

Edit x2: And yeah, I've been running Penelo w/ Protectga/Cure, Leila, and have a couple shared SB Shellgas sitting around, too, that I'm mostly bringing because they're on the best 5* I have as a rule. Leila just seems to not be hitting hard enough/is squishier than I like for the spot. She's almost to 65 though, so I'll be swapping her out for a while anyway, see how that goes.

dporowski on
  • Options
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FFRecordKeeper/comments/4e52uk/gysahl_green_shop_preview/

Man, looking at the costs and drop rate for the greens, I kind of hope they cheapen a bunch of stuff or at least provide a big drop rate bonus to start. I'm way far behind on MC2s and hones, so would love to pick up the extra MCs and orbs, but it sounds like you need to be doing almost nothing outside Events but farming dailies if you want to hit up all the limited time stuff each week.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    The only really big one you need is the mythril. Half cost orbs are nice, but you're getting those through farming anyways, and if they have a type up that you don't need there's no point wasting greens on it.

• Options
    A steak! wrote: »
    The only really big one you need is the mythril. Half cost orbs are nice, but you're getting those through farming anyways, and if they have a type up that you don't need there's no point wasting greens on it.

I'm looking forward to the lodes, stam shards, and mythril.

• Options

What if you need everything?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    ArcTangent wrote: »

What if you need everything?

Then save up for the times when you'll "need" everything, or farm assiduously. If you don't want to/can't farm then there's nothing anyone can say that'll make you feel better.

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Holy Knight's Pride RM and Battleforged RM acquired within two battles of each other, now to keep working on Sundaily for Agrias and Ramza

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Knight's Charge dropped. Gonna see if that's worth using on a white mage.

Currently running story realms / grabbing all the stamina shards I can. Are there any places that drop 3 stamina shards, other than the early FFVI elites?

• Options
    Darryl's Tomb elite drops 6 shards, due to a mistake DeNA made.

• Options
    Well, holy crap. I know what I'm running as soon as my stamina recharges.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    I managed to scrounge up another 65 mythril or so - should I drop another 11x and 3x on the FFT banner after my first two pulls got nothing?

This discussion has been closed.