As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - To Be Or Not To Be (Here)

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited April 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - To Be Or Not To Be (Here)

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• YormungandrYormungandr Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    This actually brings up a good point. Like, what happens when VR becomes less bulky, cheaper, and gets a long-lasting battery? It happened with cell phones (which used to be essentially giant bricks), so why not VR?

Yormungandr on
  • YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    This actually brings up a good point. Like, what happens when VR becomes less bulky, cheaper, and gets a long-lasting battery? It happened with cell phones (which used to be essentially giant bricks), so why not VR?

And it looks like a contact lens.

• LinktmLinktm Registered User regular
    I eagerly await our distopian cyberpunk future. A new life awaits you in the Off-world colonies!

• ziddersroofurryziddersroofurry Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    This is pretty close to my ultimate dream: Surfing the internet while in bed while in a virtual world where I'm in a much nicer, comfier bed surfing upon the internet.

ziddersroofurry on
  • Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    One step closer to Better Than Life from Red Dwarf

Hopefully we stop before it comes a subconscious-mining wish fulfiller that disguises its presence from you and ends up creating a legion of helpless addicts

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    I had the opportunity to try one of those samsung VR's as well. I could for the life of me not get the screen to be clear no matter how i turned the +/- scrolling wheel. It was like watching a 3D movie without the glasses on. When I told the dude that gave the demonstration that I coudn't get it to sharpen enough he told me " eh, you just have to accept it won't get any better"

Also thought it was quite funny he mentioned the VR goggles not being expensive while you need to have a S6 or higher to have it work.

Ravelle on
    D083uBC.jpg
  • DissentDissent Mr. Fancy Pants Flavour CountryRegistered User regular
    I feel like we're well on our way to a comic exploring the dangers of virtual reality and accidental bro-hookups at this rate.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    DON'T DATE ROBOTS

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2016
    Reading Mike and Jerry's write-ups on their VR adventures has me really curious to try one of these things; they sound really cool. However, it still all feels pretty "early adopter-y" and I'd rather wait until things get cheaper, easier to use, and more refined.

I didn't get a smart phone until the end of 2013, so I think I can hang on a while for VR too, even if those stories do sound pretty neat...

forty on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Hah, Tycho linked to an old PA comic in his post about his Overwatch team, and if you scan the barcode in the bottom left corner with an app it comes up as "Penny Arcade Fake Power Surge Protector". Which apparently goes for A$339.07 on Amazon, but clicking the link just takes me to an Amazon page for a cast iron crock pot.

• GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    I am the bad knot in the shoelace; I am the lottery ticket whose every number is adjacent to the winning ones.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RJsjeoP8_w

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Damnit, now I can only hear that in DW's voice.