Options

[Dark Souls 3] Dark Souls 2 is a good game that is fun and great.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    So I could make a weapon raw, and then buff it with the pyro your weapon pyromancy, right? Could I also use resin on it instead?

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I DIDNT KNOW YOU COULD INFUSE THEM EITHER

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    Hobnail wrote: »
    I think the smoke eel zombies are the most punishing fuckers in the entire series, three of them working together could conquer the goddamn universe

Until they come across three ghru head stomping jumpers.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I knew about reinforcing them, but I don't recall ever seeing an option to shove a gem in one.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    That head jumping animation looks like bollocks too, it's like getting murdered by a glitch

• Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    the stability upgrade you get from upgrading a shield is really really small

you'll spend a billion titanite to maybe sometimes get one extra blocked swing

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    So I could make a weapon raw, and then buff it with the pyro your weapon pyromancy, right? Could I also use resin on it instead?

yes and yes

on infusing shields, one thing to note if you're someone who likes having a 100% block shield, infusing it will reduce that by at least a little bit

• Options
    the best shield infusion you can do is the one that grants the small FP trickle, since a lot of weapon arts will work with only 1FP

• Options
    Fearghaill wrote: »

yes and yes

on infusing shields, one thing to note if you're someone who likes having a 100% block shield, infusing it will reduce that by at least a little bit

Nito

I'm wondering what my best options are, as a DEX Pyro hybrid melee/caster.

I have DEX at 25, I think
    INT at 25
    FAI at 15, headed to 25 ASAP

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    That head jumping animation looks like bollocks too, it's like getting murdered by a glitch

I hate that enemy so much.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

Correct.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

yes and yes

Nito

I'm wondering what my best options are, as a DEX Pyro hybrid melee/caster.

I have DEX at 25, I think
    INT at 25
    FAI at 15, headed to 25 ASAP

simple enough to check - go to Andre and compare the damage for the sharp and raw infusions. If the former gets enough scaling damage from your DEX then go with that, both Sharp and Raw can be buffed with resin/pine bundles/Carthus Flame Arc

Alternate option, once you find the Giant's Coal and a Chaos gem, that scales off Int/Faith like your pyromancies do, but cannot be additionally buffed.

• Options
    my new favourite toy is Anri's Straight Sword, which I admit I got through murder most foul. It has D scaling for STR and DEX, and E scaling on FTH, but that's all secondary to the not-listed LCK scaling which appears to be fairly substantial. It also counts as a Blessed weapon in terms of keeping reanimated enemies down and giving slight health regen, but it can still be buffed.

Right now I'm using it as a dex/luck weapon (primarily luck) though I've heard it makes an awesome faith/luck weapon with lightning blade.

• Options
    Right now I'm using it as a dex/luck weapon (primarily luck) though I've heard it makes an awesome faith/luck weapon with lightning blade.

at minimum it's got to be one of the best PVP 1-handers

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Oh man

That sounds like a Hell of a challenge for NG+
    All right, next time I fight Yhorm, no Storm Ruler

distortion was doing a meme run with the spiked mace and he died quicker than if he had used storm ruler

Do you have a link to this

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Jasconius wrote: »

And against this motherfucker an 87% lightning reduction and blocking 2/3 swings with enough end for a follow up is a big deal.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    I find it really interesting the hidden luck mechanics they put in the game. For example, the aforementioned Anri sword luck scaling.

Another fun one is that if you're hollowed, a hollow infused weapon/shield gives 5 luck points for free while carried.

Try this build out for maximum fun:

40 DEX/30 Luck.

Hollowed Warden's Twinblades(they don't lose much DEX scaling when infused hollow but gain the luck scaling).
    Hollow yourself via dark sigils
    Also Hollow infuse a parrying tool for your offhand, this can be caestus, buckler, parrying dagger, whatever.

Now you have 40 luck without investing those last 10 SLs.

Plus you can Carthus Rouge the weapon for even faster bleed build up. It wrecks in PvP and PvE against anything that's susceptible to bleed, which most bosses are I think.

• Options
    I never got Anris sword even though I got all his other equipment and completed that sidequest

I'm not sure what I missed

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I never got Anris sword even though I got all his other equipment and completed that sidequest

If I remember correctly you have to talk to Ludleth

• Options
    nicopernicusnicopernicus Registered User regular
    Joshmvii wrote: »
    You can at least fight them one at a time, but fighting in that area is so obnoxious. Agro one, then drop off the ladder on to it for a plunging attack to get a good start on it at least.

This did the trick. I was able to get a plunging attack on both of them. Thanks!

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »

If I remember correctly you have to talk to Ludleth

I'm gonna assume its way too late for this

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

Try
    Talking to Ludleth after helping Anri beat Aldrich.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »

Try

oh uh

No I went the other way on that quest

so I don't get it then? I think I misunderstood

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016

Try

oh uh

Go back and check Anri's corpse if you've left the area post-wedding.

Also follow around to the right side of the altar against the wall, there's a chest hidden waaaay in the back

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

Try

oh uh

Go back and check her corpse if you've left the area post-wedding.

Thanks!

• Options
    When can I do the marry Anri thing?

• Options
    When can I do the marry Anri thing?
    Assuming you've been following Yuria's quest line and met Anri at firelink & both places in the catacombs, they should show up at the church bonfire in Irithyll. Exhaust their dialog and don't do anything about the hidden assassin in the church. Yuria will then tell you when and where to go for the wedding, but its basically right before you go up the lift to Anor Londo, you can't miss it.

• Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Lalabox wrote: »
    New theory:

Elevators are powered by the abyss, which is why there is a huge gaping pit beneath each one.

with the exception of the Seigmeyer one, and I think one in Lothric Castle, is there any other lift that has something underneath it?

Oh the Seigmeyer one has a pit. Trust me, I know... because of reasons.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    I'm at the consumed garden now and I've never even seen this Yuria person, NG+ where I follow that cheat sheet is going to be a trip

• Options
    WyvernWyvern Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »

And against this motherfucker an 87% lightning reduction and blocking 2/3 swings with enough end for a follow up is a big deal.
    The first few attempts against Nameless King, he kicked my ass. Then I set him aside until after the other optional/endgame bosses, came back, and effortlessly one-shotted him. I'm not sure how much of that I can attribute to getting +3 on the Spirit Tree Crest Shield versus just getting gud, but it certainly couldn't have hurt.

Switch: SW-2431-2728-9604 || 3DS: 0817-4948-1650
  • Options
    Reddit is saying you can respec or remodel with Rosaria without ending Sirris's quest

https://m.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4hubp9/psa_you_can_change_your_appearance_by_giving/

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I can confirm for sure that on the launch patch respeccing made Sirris hostile to you. It's possible they changed it in one of the patches with the cryptic notes about making NPC quest triggers less finicky.

It would make sense to only have offering her pale tongues for covenant strength piss of Sirris, because gating an NPC questline behind not respeccing was stupid, so if they patched that part out then good for them.

Joshmvii on
  • Options
    I'm at the consumed garden now and I've never even seen this Yuria person, NG+ where I follow that cheat sheet is going to be a trip

Yuria
    You have to accept Yoel's offer of drawing out your true strength a certain number of times before he expires for Yuria to appear

• Options
    Aha, noted

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    They changed the Sirris quest failure thing with the most recent patch I think. Now only donating tongues for covenant progression makes her mad.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Hey

Just out of curiosity, who would be interested in a Dark Souls 3 PC Penny Arcade Fight Night?

• Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Me me

But if everyone shows up with either dark swords or estocs in hand, I'll be disapppointed

• Options
    Man now my +7 Heavy Dark Sword makes me feel like a chump, the great club is fun but not aesthetically pleasing. Maybe I should try a heavy infusion on a rapier, that sounds good and dumb

• Options
    MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    I'm a bit bummed that I got the dark sword as early as I did. One slab away from getting it to +10, and I haven't found another weapon since Undead Settlement that I've been tempted to switch it out for.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Has anyone played the Nioh Demo? I never heard of the game before but theres an article on koatku about it being a japanese period Dark Souls game and a demo being out now prior to its release. I'm really curious but it doesnt say what platform or where to get the demo.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
This discussion has been closed.