Options

[nfl] The season has begun. 2 more weeks before your team's season is over.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Second one could have been trying to get his arms around to catch the ball so clear DPI

First one was OPI If anything.

Nope. It was DPI.

Yes I saw the call. But the call was wrong. See my edit above for more info.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    And under 5 yards doesn't matter when the balls in the air, so it's PI not illegal contact

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Second one could have been trying to get his arms around to catch the ball so clear DPI

First one was OPI If anything.

Nope. It was DPI.

Yes I saw the call. But the call was wrong. See my edit above for more info.

He was running the route, the defender obstructed the route, stood there, got hit.

DPI.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    And under 5 yards doesn't matter when the balls in the air, so it's PI not illegal contact

OPI Though because the player on offense was not making a play on the ball and prevented the defending player from doing so.

Edit: seriously just reverse it. A defending player makes contact with a receiver while not attempting to make a play on the ball = DPI.

THe flip side is what we saw here hence OPI.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    So will Houston finally cross the 50 before LSU did?

EDIT:
    Nope.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    That dpi was total game plan by bellicheck

Put huge te outside the numbers

Run him straight to the back corner of the endzone

Force defense engage, te engages back, pass is thrown to the back corner, db has no way to disengage, te sells it, flag is thrown and ball moved closer

Do it two more times and then punch it in on 1st and inches

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

OPI Though because the player on offense was not making a play on the ball and prevented the defending player from doing so.

The defensive player stopped and turned while the ball was 5 yards deeper...

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    MulletudeMulletude Registered User regular
    Blargh, just let Miller and Fuller score some points in this shit show

XBL-Dug Danger WiiU-DugDanger Steam-http://steamcommunity.com/id/DugDanger/
  • Options
    Believe me. I've had this called on me in madden for strafing facing the line of scrimmage and tapping the wideout. It's dpi. Madden doesnt lie

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    Why doesn't Brock just try giving nuk a fucking Dez Bryant post jump ball, Christ man

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

Force defense engage, te engages back, pass is thrown to the back corner, db has no way to disengage, te sells it, flag is thrown and ball moved closer

Hey, never said it wasnt designed.

The defender bit, though.

• Options
    Lol they spellchecked that Michael Irvin tweet for him

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Forcing DPI is probably one of the oldest tricks in the book, though.

• Options

After running over the defender attempting to make a play. You must be attempting to make a play on the ball at contact.

When you don't it's called "pushing off" and is OPI. The contact must be a result of making a play on the ball.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options

After running over the defender attempting to make a play. You must be attempting to make a play on the ball at contact.

When you don't it's called "pushing off" and is OPI. The contact must be a result of making a play on the ball.

If you lob a pass, and the defender stops short, not allowing you to get to the ball, it's DPI

It's really not that complicated

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    The defender was in no way making a play on the ball, since he turned around 10 yards short, stopped, and stood in bennett'a path. I'd literally be arguing this no matter what team I rooted for. It's really simple

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Hell they called it DPI against Chung last game for doing the exact same thing.

• Options
    (The defender did the same thing to gronk on the first fg drive and it wasn't called. Belichick went back to it anyway)

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

If you lob a pass, and the defender stops short, not allowing you to get to the ball, it's DPI

It's really not that complicated
    Not within 5 yards.
    The defender was in no way making a play on the ball, since he turned around 10 yards short, stopped, and stood in bennett'a path. I'd literally be arguing this no matter what team I rooted for. It's really simple

The ball wasnt even in the air then and 10 yards is out of the end zone uncatchable!

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Toughest decision of your life to play for a good team and get 50 milly guaranteed?

Come on bro, by all accounts since you've been in Texas you're good dude but you'd play for Cleveland for 50 milly.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    DPI can be called 1 yard off the line of scrimmage. You dont have to believe me, go look it up yourself.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    Not if the ball isn't in the air or the ball is uncatchable.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Toughest decision of your life to play for a good team and get 50 milly guaranteed?

Come on bro, by all accounts since you've been in Texas you're good dude but you'd play for Cleveland for 50 milly.

Well, I'd imagine the tough decision was probably about leaving a Super Bowl winning team. But yes, a bunch of guaranteed money surely makes that easier.

• Options
    Not if the ball isn't in the air or the ball is uncatchable.

Thats not what Im contending.

Youre bringing up the 5 yard rule, which is for contact. The 5 yards means nothing in this case because he wasnt simply engaging in contact, he tried to obstruct. Setting a pick will always draw a flag.

DPI.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

Gronk never gets the call though

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    This game still sucks.

• Options
    Blount!

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Well. I did pick up the patriots D and Gostkowski. . .so as bad as I feel for the Texans. . . 24 points from a kicker and D is nice.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Yes, O'Brien, look upset, really sell the idea that this isn't exactly what Bellicheck told you to do. You and Crennel both can't be trusted with Patriot Games, both of you are a Clear and Present Danger to Houston when you play New England and are the Sum of All Texans Fears.

• Options
    Looking like either 4-0 or 3-1 without the greatest QB of all time

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    PantsB wrote: »
    Looking like either 4-0 or 3-1 without the greatest QB of all time

This team might be good

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Yes, O'Brien, look upset, really sell the idea that this isn't exactly what Bellicheck told you to do. You and Crennel both can't be trusted with Patriot Games, both of you are a Clear and Present Danger to Houston when you play New England and are the Sum of All Texans Fears.

Hunt for Red October!

I dont have a pun.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    In before the safety?

Edit: Oh man, that first play was sooo fucking close to one too. Had that gone laterally out of bounds...

Dranyth on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    4-0 without Brady

He comes back and they go 0-12

Boston has the worst riot since the tea party

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    .I still think Houston wins the AFC South

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    PantsB wrote: »
    .I still think Houston wins the AFC South

I mean... one of them has to, right?

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Gronk gave me 0 points.

Ghost, Sheard and Collins gave me 37.

I'm laughing my ass off, in a rueful kind of way.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Wait, what? Why the fuck would you fair catch that? Geezus fuck.

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Well this game makes me feel better about Mia's failing against NE last week.....I think.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Dranyth wrote: »
    Wait, what? Why the fuck would you fair catch that? Geezus fuck.

You're 4 scores down. No point taking a risk for that.

wbBv3fj.png
This discussion has been closed.