As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Destiny] Rise of Iron: Coming September 20, 2016!

• Options
    RadiationRadiation Registered User regular
    @rndmhero @metaghost can we do a trials team this weekend? You can both carry me to the lighthouse!

PSN: jfrofl
  • Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    It's sort of funny to get a 334 heavy rocket launcher from my weekly pvp meta and think, "What a piece of shit!". Goddamn players, never happy.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Clash stats are out if you've signed up for the thing.
    Mine:
    Kills/Assist Avg: 1.7
    Wins: 41
    Strength of the Wolf earned: 6
    Kills: 1055

From the thing:

Fusion Rifles saw a resurgence in the latest Iron Banner: equip-rate increased by 59% compared to Iron Banner: Control, while Kills/Match increased by 51%.
    Fusion Rifles also proved more effective than other Special Weapons. The graph to the left displays the Top 8 Fusion Rifles in terms of Kills/Min.

Radiation on
  • Options
    ElementWrathElementWrath Perplexingly Soft MichiganRegistered User regular
    What do I need to do to get those stats?

I think I should be receiving them, but I'm not.

• Options
    I think you have to sign up for the newsletter on bungie website?

• Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular

Here's mine
    2wdsncg.jpg

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    Radiation wrote: »
    @rndmhero @metaghost can we do a trials team this weekend? You can both carry me to the lighthouse!

Maybe tonight? I have in-laws coming this weekend :(

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    thanks to whoever told me about the gunsmith exotic weapon quests, I didn't know they were a thing until that moment! It turns out I was really close to finishing it on my titan without realizing it, so I picked up the Fabian's whatever, leveled it with motes, then went into crucible and got 18 kills with it. I read that it was the least impressive of the 3, but, uh, it seemed to work juuuust fine. I'm much further behind on gunsmith rep for warlock and hunter, but those gunsmith bounties are my new priority every week until I have them. Tlaloc and the hunter handgun both look like a lot of fun.

• Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    The Fabian's issue is that it requires you to be at a very specific range in order for it to function approximately like a Doctrine of Passing/Soulstealer's Claw AND it has a much smaller clip than either of those guns because it is technically in a different archetype. As such, it's too much effort for not much of a reward, but certainly it can kill a thing or two.

• Options
    VagabondVagabond Sans Gravitas Glimmer Mafia DonRegistered User regular
    It only included the games on my Warlock, apparently:
    jlJMYgK.png

vq2TEKC.png
    XBL: Sans Gravitas, Steam, Destiny, Twitch
    Destiny Raid Groups: Team NATBurn, Team Fourth Meal (Disbanded)
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    metaghost wrote: »
    The Fabian's issue is that it requires you to be at a very specific range in order for it to function approximately like a Doctrine of Passing/Soulstealer's Claw AND it has a much smaller clip than either of those guns because it is technically in a different archetype. As such, it's too much effort for not much of a reward, but certainly it can kill a thing or two.

It killed 18 things in a match and I don't do trials (so no doctrine for me) and I've gotten nothing from POE so far, so I'll take it!

• Options
  • Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    So during CoE tonight, I realized that I just kind of had a Triple Tap + Hand Laid Stock + Explosive Rounds CoE scout rifle in my inventory that I just never noticed before.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    My IB:

AprilIB.jpg

I'm kinda bummed it listed Strength of the Wolf instead of the Phantom I got with my Hunter because I was way more happy I finally got that medal.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BookerBooker Registered User regular
    As a Phantom, Strength of the Wolf is way cooler. It means your whole team is playing well. And we yell Strength Of The WOOOOLLFF!!!

• Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Razide6's STATISTICS
    Personal stats from the most recent Iron Banner: Clash (Apr. 26 - May 2)
    Kill+Assist Avg. - 2.0
    Wins - 26
    Decisive Victory - 1 earned
    Kills - 451

Yup... that's alright. :biggrin:

Also thanks to @radiation and @metaghost for the CoE runs today... My stepson is a little quiet on the mic unless he's on with his friends, but he was pretty excited that he bumped from around 303LL to 310.

I made out pretty well too... netted a Queen's Choice sidearm with rangefinder and high cal rounds/hand loaded as well as a Lord of Wolves.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    In case anyone is working on Vanguard shaders, there's some stuff floating around "teh reddits" that they aren't dropping from the heroic strike playlist, just from the lvl36 playlist.... gonna place this one at "reddit confirmed" status.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    hlprmnkyhlprmnky Registered User regular
    Thanks a ton for inviting me on the Golgototh run! I very rarely have time to attend a whole raid, and yet the raid content in this game is some of the most fun vidya gaems time I have ever spent. Sorry I had to run immediately after, I totally forgot that I was just logging in to knock out some dailies before starting dinner.

Mild hunger is a small price to pay for a fun PA run on the Dreadnaught.

_
    Your Ad Here! Reasonable Rates!
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Sure would be nice to have some Exotic Warlock leg armor in the loot table... Seems like 3 of my last 5 engrams have been Radiant Dance Machines.

• Options
    rndmherorndmhero Registered User regular
    hlprmnky wrote: »
    Thanks a ton for inviting me on the Golgototh run! I very rarely have time to attend a whole raid, and yet the raid content in this game is some of the most fun vidya gaems time I have ever spent. Sorry I had to run immediately after, I totally forgot that I was just logging in to knock out some dailies before starting dinner.

Mild hunger is a small price to pay for a fun PA run on the Dreadnaught.

Somewhere in hell, Golgoroth is reporting you for red barring.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Sure would be nice to have some Exotic Warlock leg armor in the loot table... Seems like 3 of my last 5 engrams have been Radiant Dance Machines.

But imagine if you had a hunter....

• Options
    edited May 2016
    I'd posted a few pages back about sidearms in response to someone asking about the vendor NM Conviction II.

I was just watching a review of the Queen's Choice I picked up today and the video actually has a spot about range and damage falloff (the video timed to that part in the link below it looks like the clip didn't link to the time at all... it's at about 4:00). Unperked all of the sidearms available are within a point or two of each other for range (around 40), and the reviewer only has one range perk added to the roll he's using (hand loaded).

Just to give you an idea of how effective these are at range (and ranges I wouldn't even use them at... I usually use my sidearm for mop up or closer encounters).

Edit - Basically everyone should use sidearms because they're awesomesauce and hella fun.

Khraul on
    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Yeah, I've given it some thought, but I just don't want to spend that time to level an alt.

• Options
    Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    Apothe0sis wrote: »

Yeah, I've given it some thought, but I just don't want to spend that time to level an alt.

Do you have the thing that jumps you to level 25?

Plus. The new gear system should make things pretty painless.

Do iiiiiiit

• Options
    edited May 2016
    So tonight was great. Big post follows.

For starters @cB557 and @Dyvim Tvar and I played some CoE. We had a bumpy start with cB being himself and not supporting with orb generation, something entirely expected of him. Our first round ended with a score around 42k. Respectable but not amazing, on track to need like 3k more after the second run for the 90,000 total on our Challenge. We went back in and really brought it together. Cb ran Nightstalker, Dyvim ran Bubblebro (blessing), and I ran Bladedancer hunter with Razor's Edge, ATS/8 Tarantella, max Int/Disc, Fast Twitch, and Encore. We completed the second round with a score of 58k, so for all of you trying for 2-run Challenge completions, the dream is alive.

I even took a screenshot.
    FAHdh1T.jpg

We went to the tower, I got a 335 primary for infusion fuel, and 335 gauntlets for tasty tasty infusion.

After that Dyvim and I played some 41 PoE for bounties, I got a 334 Mask of the Third Man, and we were then joined by his friend Mokat.

Her and I continued playing, things started off a bit rocky because I asked if we could play several gametypes to complete my Weekly Crucible bounty. I was a bit salty when I got a ghost, but then I realized it was 335 Int/Disc. I was instantly less salty. But that's not even the best part. I had some amazing games playing Nightstalker and Gunslinger.

I didn't record a lot of stuff but during a very tense Rift match I carried 3 times and scored once, I got 30 kills, and I used a quiver tether to kill someone the instant they picked up heavy, before walking over to the other heavy which had yet to be grabbed, Chaperone'd a Sunbreaker Titan in super to very low health before stabbing him in the face, and then grabbed the other heavy. Did I mention it was 5 v 4 for a substantial portion of this game? We were the team with 4. Here's what that scoreboard looked like.
    mm5CFiJ.jpg

And then came the last game of the night. I went out on a high note.

Here are some clips

And of course, the scoreboard, which absolutely baffled me.
    egjNyR4.jpg

Like I said, great night.

ElementWrath on
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    I only played enough IB to get two characters to rank 3 over the weekend, so I don't exactly have #BIGNUMBERS to show off, but:
    HDBKvpi.png?1
    Looks like it only took the stats of one of my characters, probably my warlock since she played less due to the alt boost.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I ran Incandescent Brotato for the Rocket Launcher, saved all my weeklies for next time and stopped at Rank 4.
    gk1n5usx4rw1.png

I would however like Iron Banner a lot more if it didnt try to fit you into already lost matches most of the time if you are playing solo.

Also, If I try bring my buddy Tini, he seems to get crushed because of my matchmaking rank (he doesnt PvP that much), not a fan of this current heavily skill based matchmaking and how it punishes him for playing with me.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Paging @Sirialis for Trials

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I'm logging on now.

• Options
    I need to play some Trials too.

But more importantly I'd like to raid tonight. I set this one up for 7pm, hopefully we can get enough people to play.

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/627012

• Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    I need to play some Trials too.

But more importantly I'd like to raid tonight. I set this one up for 7pm, hopefully we can get enough people to play.

https://www.the100.io/gaming_sessions/627012

I signed up, at least!

I haven't done the raid yet this week and I could use some infusion fodder for my other characters, now that I have my warlock at 335.

• Options
  • Options
    DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Actually, nevermind for now on the raid. I forgot I have plans for tonight.

If those fall through though, I am all for it.

• Options
    squall99xsquall99x Registered User regular
    cos99fqqtv4a.jpg
    Not too bad I suppose

oHqYBTXm.jpg
  • Options
    HooverFanHooverFan NCRegistered User regular
    Mine would be 0 across the board... because fuck Clash

BNet profile: HooverFish#1668
    PSN: HooverFanPA
    Steam: HooverFan
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Kill+Assist Avg.

Wins

Strength of the Wolf
    1 earned

Kills

Yesterday some pub and I did a Tier 3 CoO and took that witch out after dropping her giant ogre just once, and I got my first 335 Artifact. I gave that guy so many Thumbs Up emotes

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    metaghostmetaghost An intriguing odor A delicate touchRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Also, If I try bring my buddy Tini, he seems to get crushed because of my matchmaking rank (he doesnt PvP that much), not a fan of this current heavily skill based matchmaking and how it punishes him for playing with me.

For future reference, the SBMM algorithm does seem to put more weight on the skill-level of the fireteam leader; anecdotally speaking, my best performances during IB were when I wasn't fireteam leader and you can sort of witness the effect above in @ElementWrath's post, where he was in the company of someone of significantly lesser skill-level. (This is not meant to shame Mokat86, whoever that is.)

• Options
    I am so bad at handcannon :(

• Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    my IB stats came through.

Kill +Assist average 2.0

Wins 53

Strength of the Wolf 6

Kills 1190

I think those stats are for only 1 of the 2 characters (I doubt my hunter "helped" if it did contribute stats.

PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    Finished our Trials runs with nothing but sadness and some more armor. We did alright at first but couldn't make it past 6 wins without a loss. I did get my final Trials shader, Aaru's Passage though, so it wasn't a total bust.