As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

afro futurism [chat]

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    I just ate a fun size snickers bar

It wasn't even actually good

80 calories

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Shivahn wrote: »
    I have a somewhat weird sex question for anyone to answer:
    What is the longest you've maintained an erection after orgasm? I had a weird thing happen last night and am now curious.
    I stay 80-95% erect for as long as sex continues. Half hour or longer, whatever.
    I usually maintain an erection a good 10 minutes after orgasm.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna assume I maintain an erection for ~8hours after orgasm because I wake up the next day and I'm still solid

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Interesting

Though also confusing

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Blegh bus took the throgs neck and going down the Jackie Robinson. Let me off before you get to Manhattan bus!

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »

80 calories

i'll share my mfp notebook with you if you share yours with me

ughhh but i've been so bad about hitting my targets lately :(

poo
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    What is the longest you've maintained an erection after orgasm? I had a weird thing happen last night and am now curious.
    I stay 80-95% erect for as long as sex continues. Half hour or longer, whatever.
    note that spool also minimizes or abstains from masturbation as well so his persistence times are probably higher as a result

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    One of my biggest problems with therapy is that I typically run out of things to say long before the session is over.

• Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular
    Feral wrote: »
    @Evil Multifarious
    Feral, I'm going to Iceland in July. Please have a report on my desk by mid-june.

Everybody speaks English, everybody is really nice, it barely feels like a foreign country.

The biggest pieces of advice I can give are:

1) Don't bother renting a car if you're just staying in Reykjavik. The city is small and very walkable, they have a good bus system, and their bus app (straeto.is) is in English.

2) If you are renting a car, don't assume that the highways are paved. Google Maps might direct you down (for example) highway 54 from Stykkisholmur to Budardalur. Don't do it, it's a trap. You'll get halfway through and the road is no longer a road and it's just a pile of rocks. Verify your routes using the road network viewer at road.is. If you stick to the paved roads, driving is easy. Traffic is light and road signs are easy to read.

3) They're very creative when it comes to writing out price tags. Most of the time, prices are in thousands of kroner. (For example: 1,000kr). Sometimes they put the comma in interesting places (10,00kr) or they use a decimal instead (1.000kr). Sometimes they abbreviate Icelandic kroner as kr, sometimes as isk, sometimes as just k. Ignore punctuation, just read every price as some multiple of 1000kr (or 100kr-1000kr for items under $10). I used a mental shortcut to calculate prices, for you it is $10 CAD = roughly 1000 kr. If when doing your mental calculation food and booze seems a bit expensive, that's because it is. A cheesburger might be 1500kr and a cocktail 1200kr and that's just normal for Iceland.

4) Everybody speaks English, but learning the non-English Icelandic characters (such as ð, eth) helps a lot with reading maps and signs. It's a Germanic language and there are a lot of English cognates that you'll instantly recognize as long as you learn the basic pronunciation rules. If you go farther into the rural areas, peoples' English skills get weaker, but we didn't meet anybody who spoke no English at all.

5) Don't bother eating fermented shark. As far as I can tell, it's a counterargument against the "No True Scotch, Man" fallacy. I'm sure somebody somewhere actually likes the stuff, but I couldn't find anybody who would admit it. It persists mostly as a tourist curiosity and as a rite of passage for Icelanders.

6) Reindeer, however, is delicious. So is horse, as long as it's slaughtered young. So is pretty much all of their other seafood.

...$15 for a cheeseburger?

Like, a fast food cheeseburger?

Or are we talking about like a restaurant burger with a side?

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I usually maintain an erection a good 10 minutes after orgasm.
    Mines gone probably 2-3min afterwards if I actually ejaculate. If not it sticks around until I do. Otherwise I'm down for the count until a 15min break.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    ludious I wasn't sure if you saw this when I posted it last thread
    fqozw52na13e.png

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    also @OnTheLastCastle

yes therapy is good

i've been going for 2 years now

i've made progress, definitely

there's a lot to unpack in my brain

everyone should go to therapy if their insurance covers its tbh i wish i'd gone some like when i was 18 even, not just when i was 26

I need to go back

well, not back

i need to find a new therapist with whom I can make progress

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    The Ender wrote: »

Like a casual lunch bistro or cafe cheeseburger.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    note that spool also minimizes or abstains from masturbation as well so his persistence times are probably higher as a result

Ohhhh he just says that so the ladies don't know he's cranking them out in the bathroom and cant admit to the time he forgot to unsync his Bluetooth connection and lurid moaning started blaring from the living room speakers

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Whoever designed call back systems for phones is worse than hitler.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    drexciya is cool

poo
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    TIME

FOR

STELLARIS

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    To be clear, I meant hard enough to continue sex, not just "not totally flaccid"

• Options

This is about normal for a bistro burger or cocktail in my city. The prices will not shock me. I guess my city is a little expensive.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Sun Ra wrote:
    Nuclear war (yeahhh)

Nuclear war (yeahhh)

It's a mother fucker

• Options
    drexciya is cool

In an interesting Afro-futurist twist, the surviving member now performs as a white German man.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    My stomach still hurts quite some.

I blame the hummus I bought last night from the low-price store near the cash-only part of town.

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    hello you artsy humpback whales...

another workday is over.

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    I've never not had an erection.
    This is the best
    This is also the worst.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    WOO! My code is working.

Yes.

Today has been a productive day.

Wrote some R code that works. Did a deep dive and prep for a meeting tomorrow with another research group and I am ready. Had a meeting for the big report that I just kind of slept through and played a game of hearthstone because I didn't have anything to say.

Did some more just admin work.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    kedinik wrote: »
    My stomach still hurts quite some.

I blame the hummus I bought last night from the low-price store near the cash-only part of town.

I just had coffee and then ramen with sriracha and my stomach hurts too now.

I want my robot stomach. :(

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    A&W consumed, time to watch Civil War.

• Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    American snickers tastes weird.

• Options
    Interesting

Though also confusing

For me it varies completely based
    on how much I've been orgasming in the e.g. week or few days previous.

If I jerk it a lot on the reg, boners expire and dissipate right quick. If I hold off for a few days, there have been times where I didn't even have a refractory period, just one marathon boner, but more commonly it's just going to be around for a few more minutes, as many as 10 or 15

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod

80 calories

"fun size" is pure Newspeak but I guess they won't let them call it dissatisfying horseshit size

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    To be clear, I meant hard enough to continue sex, not just "not totally flaccid"

it's always hard enough to continue sex. ain't nothin' wrong with pushing rope.

• Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    hello you artsy humpback whales...

another workday is over.

I looked as some of my old arts this weekend, all of them were so much farther from completion than I remembered :(

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I believe that was the assumption. Did, you hit it again afterwards? because that second orgasm can make your ears ring.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

80 calories

"fun size" is pure Newspeak but I guess they won't let them call it dissatisfying horseshit size

@Gooey dick size was considered too specific.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

Wow.

I would crumble beneath the crushing financial weight of my burg budget if I were an Icelander.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    I don't want to eat a candybar that leaves me wanting more

I want to eat a candybar that I finish, barely, out of pure loathing for myself.

I want to feel my pancreas and gall bladder whine under the strain of the massive amount of chocolate, nougat, and nut log that I just consumed

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I was just posting but I need to find an therapist here.

I have finally come to the conclusion that my almost dying in '09 and such has left a few rather permanent mental scars I think.

What happened?

My Crohn's.

I have a picture of me at the time.

But I had my first flare that year. I went from 155 lbs to 105 lbs in 3 months. Had abdominal abscesses which still kill like 1 in 5 people who have them. Had two surgeries. The first one led to complications and pericardial pneumonia. I straight up almost died. Severe anemia. Pain that sat on an 8+ for weeks at a time. I am good now but it was a rough multi-month period.

Traumatic experiences like that tend to leave marks, even those that aren't scene.

:bro:

Being strong is tough. I kind of know the feeling having g/f go through multiple life saving surgeries after surgeons botched removing her failed transplant.

It's still nothing compared to being the actual person to go through it. It's hard. Hope you get the help you need.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    Interesting

Though also confusing

For me it varies completely based
    on how much I've been orgasming in the e.g. week or few days previous.

If I jerk it a lot on the reg, boners expire and dissipate right quick. If I hold off for a few days, there have been times where I didn't even have a refractory period, just one marathon boner, but more commonly it's just going to be around for a few more minutes, as many as 10 or 15
    Yeah so this is my general experience, though I tend not to have them last super long after orgasm. On top of that, transness makes things weird. So I was surprised when I had a particularly persistent one, even after orgasm, during the third time I had sex in forty eight hours.

It was not predicted./spoiler]

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Got more info on this job interview in an hour, including the info that current librarians are interviewing for the library job. I almost certainly am at the bottom rung for this but hey, interview practice! It's a job half about trying to make programs that grow the library and building the collection for the library and having stuff be up to date and ready to use for teachers and all that. Important job, no idea if I'm qualified. But hey, the more experience I get not talking too fast in front of interviewers the better.

I get irrationally nervous about these sometimes to the point I can feel my heart hammering in my chest and I'm out of breath while talking about where I'm from and where I went to college. Which is weird, since I have no problem streaming, and previously have had very little trouble singing and dancing on a stage in front of much larger crowds.

For some reason, interviews are scary shit.

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Actually since this is sex questions time. So if I have sex back to back, and have 2 quick orgasms it makes my ears ring, and one time I had a quick refractory period and got a third in for 3 in like 10 minutes. On the third one, I got super dizzy and sick to my stomach. And then I felt like emotionally numb for the rest of the day, not sad, but like I didn't feel anything. Is that normal?

zepherin on
This discussion has been closed.