As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A Vanilla Mini [phalla] Part II: (Game Over) Saint Infidel's Village Victory Feast

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    I mean, if Bedlam accidentally shoots a villager, and the mobs' guaranteed mob-vote-kill, that could be 5 villagers lost in one night, leaving us with 14 players, 4 of them mafia.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    ...maybe I won't do that, then. You make a compelling argument.

• Options
    GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    This kind of talk is making me a little nervous .. so I'm going to put some more distance by voting kime

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Heffling

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    Reason, I like kime and he is talking to me via PM.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Vote's closed, yeah?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    According to the forum software, yes.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Good luck village!

Steam profile
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    yeah vote closed
    Just got Little Miss down for her nap.

narration will be.. sometime.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Sorry kime.

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    Sorry kime.

No worries. I'll just fulfill my blood pact another time

Steam profile
  • Options
    H3Knuckles wrote: »
    By my logs:

kime (7): discrider [1], McKid [18], Bedlam [20], discrider [21], Raiden333 [22], H3Knuckles [23], WACriminal [24], Gizzy [27]

Heffling (5): Cythraul [12], Jpants [15], discrider [17], Martoss [25], kime [26], Sir Fabulous [28]

discrider (2): kime [3], Fry [6], WACriminal [10], Heffling [11], H3Knuckles [16]
    McKid (2): Preda [8], MrTLicious [13]

Gizzy (1): AustinP0027 [2], Martoss [9], Grunt's Ghosts [19]
    Sir Fabulous (1): premium [5]
    WACriminal (1): AustinP0027 [14]

premium (0): Heffling [4]
    MrTLicious (0): Gizzy [7]

camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    Today was like herding cats.

MrT was easy though. I pitty the fool. (with bullets)

• Options
    I killed Bedlam.

• Options
    I killed Bedlam.

Oh Sir Fab, you amuse me so

Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Sorry for missing the kime/Heffling vote off, got back late from a viewing.

Also, discrider, it's good that you were vouched for because you were throwing off all sorts of strange vibes all over the place. :)

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    So what you're saying is we should have followed your D1 self-vote?

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    You again? Honestly, you would think that you'd have been used to all this mess by now and not come around wanting to chat me up every morning. Yes, there are more dead bodies. No, I have no idea what happened. Yes, I"m sure that Duke Infidel will take care of it all once he hears about it.

Dead? The Duke? Are you mad? Of course His Grace, the Duke Infidel of Phallachester isn't dead. Phaw. That body you saw on the first day was simply a body double. Of course it was. Sent here by the Duke himself to look after the changes in the town. Has to keep and eye on his investments, dontcha know. What all these new automatons aren't going to look after themselves. So the Duke sends his bod doubles around to the villages to look after them. What's that? A simple man? A brigand? Hiding from the law? Phaw. Right out of it you are. I never said nothing of the sort, I did not. His Grace is a fine and upstanding man, next unto only the King some might say. Phaw. A simple brigand outrunning the law and thieves. Bah. What will you think of next? Honestly.

Oh the dead bodies? Well at least one of them had those markings on his face, you see. Yeah. Was a wonder that you could miss them, really, once you get a good look. But he had so much jewelry on, was a miracle anybody could tell the difference at all. But no, his face was marked, just like His Grace said the would be. Anti-automatons they are. Marked all as if they were going plaid. A wonder they've been able to hide so well.

Oh and then there's Trevor. Good lad that one. A good tailor. doing all the mending and the tucking in and pulling out. Oh. Not that I've heard any rumours about that, no sir. I'm sure that he was just as gracious as any man could be in those sorts of situations. eh? you know what I mean, eh? eh? You don't? Are you sure that you're a traveling minstrel? I thought you lot knew all the jokes. Anyway. Trevor was a good lad. Able to stop traffic as he walked across the square. My my, it will be sad to never see that tush again. Ah well, there's always the funeral for one last look, right? Eh?

Are you sure you're not a monk?

The other two? well Michelle was always known to be a troublemaker. Never told the truth, that one. Always claimed to be this Lord's daughter, or that Lord's mate. Always telling fibs and making little things into big things. No surprise on the Council's judgement there. I mean, it's not a surprise. Doesn't make it a good decision. But not a terrible one. If you understand. And the little boy? Well, sometimes things happen. From what I understand Hunter was playing with one of the new automatons and just got whisked straight into it! Like an arrow. In one end as a young boy and out the other as.. well. Not much really.

He should have known not to play with fire like that. Oh there will be more things to come. Have you no fear. His Grace, Infidel, Duke of Phallachester will be sending us help any day now. Any day.

Just you wait.

Kime-Vote
    Mrtlicious-Mafia Boss-Vigilante Justice
    Jpants-roleblocker-Boss's Orders
    H3knuckles- Mafia

• Options
    C'mon mafia you couldn't've helped me out just a little on that one.

• Options
    Everybody voted! I'm such a happy host! All PMs should be out.

Tomorrow is Saturday. I will be out almost the entire day. We are having company over on Sunday. I normally absolutely despise long game days. However, I want to be fair to you as players.

Do you want to keep with the 24 hour game day, knowing that narrations/clarifications/etc will just be non existent, or do you want a 48 hour weekend, with game day ending on my monday at 1pm (so Sunday night for the US crowd).

Please let me know what you would like to do.

• Options
    Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Well, tell me you are planning on shooting before hand and I'll pass it along to my mafia friends. :rotate:

• Options
    Well, tell me you are planning on shooting before hand and I'll pass it along to my mafia friends. :rotate:

Okay it's
    Grunt's Ghosts

• Options
    WACriminalWACriminal Dying Is Easy, Young Man Living Is HarderRegistered User regular
    I vote for the longer day, as that sounds like it will be easier for the host.

• Options
    Sorry for missing the kime/Heffling vote off, got back late from a viewing.

Also, discrider, it's good that you were vouched for because you were throwing off all sorts of strange vibes all over the place. :)

People always say this for some reason.
    I can only assume they're jealous of my vibes.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    oooOOOOOoooooOOOoooOOOOOoooooOOO

This is getting serious...
    damnit! I tried to find the clip in Clue where that line is spoken after they find all the other informants dead, but YouTube doesn't seem to have it.

oooOOOOOoooooOOOoooOOOOOoooooOOO

H3Knuckles on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Huh, I thought Knuckles was maf. Good thing I'm not calling the shots.

Also, WTH, the mafia have a leader AND a boss?!?

eta: do we know who pants was blocking on N1/N2/N3? If pants was on the same person for N1 and N2 and moved for N3, that's valuable info.

Fry on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Promotion, Hyperion style.

• Options

Okay it's
    Grunt's Ghosts

I let them know. But they said that mafia killing mafia for other mafia members is frown upon. You really should join the pro-boards we sent you in PMs.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »
    Huh, I thought Knuckles was maf. Good thing I'm not calling the shots.

Also, WTH, the mafia have a leader AND a boss?!?

eta: do we know who pants was blocking on N1/N2/N3? If pants was on the same person for N1 and N2 and moved for N3, that's valuable info.

Well, this is the first day we've seen boss's orders. I'm guessing that Bedlam didn't get Jpants to block the person he vigged, so I'm thinking Jpants was blocking MrT until last night.

• Options
    Alternatively, it could have been a kill-on-death from the boss.

• Options
    Well, I know from being mafia last game we had a leader who controlled a kill and then the mafia kill. But I'm not sure about this game. Maybe when their leader died they had to vote in a new leader, MrT, to get their kill back?

• Options
    Why would a mafia need to vote in a new leader?
    It really wouldn't matter which one had their kill power; It'd be easier and faster to randomly bring it back into the game.

• Options
    For some reason I was thinking 4 people died night one. Maybe it was some death kill ability. Odd power in a game like this then.

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Gut feeling placeholder to start some discussion before I crash for the night, I could be totally wrong, but stab in the dark here...

I think if you go over the thread and the vote record, it's plausible to me that McKid was getting painted as evil 2 nights in a row by MTL in low-risk situations when other people where getting more voted up, so that he (McKid) wouldn't be high on a suspicion list when MTL turned up red.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    And tomorrow shouldn't be as crazy of a day at work so I should be able to participate in the discussion more than I have been. Sorry for being quiet the first 2.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Vote close 1pm Monday, New Zealand. 9pm Eastern Sunday.

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    Auralynx wrote: »
    OOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOO
    Sure not getting to do a lot of playing even when I do sign up lately.
    oooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOOooooo

Someone has to die :(

Everyone who interacted with this post is now dead.
    Coincidence? Probably.
    Hypothesis? Come at me mafia.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Day 1
    Auralynx (6): MrTLicious [1], Martoss [10], premium [16], Bedlam [25], Brody [26], McKid [29], WACriminal [30]

Sir Fabulous (2): Sir Fabulous [11], Brody [12], Raiden333 [13]
    Gizzy (2): JaysonFour [15], Megafrost [18]
    Fry (2): Cythraul [19], discrider [28]
    Martoss (2): JPants [22], Fry [23]

kime (1): Fry [2], WACriminal [8], Grunt's Ghosts [9]
    Grunt's Ghosts (1): LostNinja [3]
    Preda (1): Heffling [4]
    Megafrost (1): Gizzy [5]
    Heffling (1): discrider [6], Preda [21]
    LostNinja (1): AustinP0027 [14]
    premium (1): Auralynx [17]
    AustinP0027 (1): Fry [20], Brody [27]
    Bedlam (1): JusticeforPluto [24]
    Brody (1): H3Knuckles [31]

discrider (0): Bedlam [7]

Inactive: kime

Day 2
    JaysonFour (7): Preda [10], discrider [11], LostNinja [19], Bedlam [22], Grunt's Ghosts [24], premium [25], Gizzy [26]

premium (5): Gizzy [6], H3Knuckles [8], JaysonFour [9], Heffling [13], Brody [14], kime [20]

McKid (3): Fry [4], MrTLicious [12], AustinP0027 [15]

Sir Fabulous (2): WACriminal [3], Martoss [7]

discrider (1): kime [1], Sir Fabulous [23]
    Fry (1): discrider [2], McKid [18]
    LostNinja (1): premium [16], Gizzy [17], JPants [21]

Brody (0): LostNinja [5]

Inactive: Cythraul, Raiden333

Day 3

kime (7): discrider [1], McKid [18], Bedlam [20], discrider [21], Raiden333 [22], H3Knuckles [23], WACriminal [24], Gizzy [27]

Heffling (5): Cythraul [12], Jpants [15], discrider [17], Martoss [25], kime [26], Sir Fabulous [28]

discrider (2): kime [3], Fry [6], WACriminal [10], Heffling [11], H3Knuckles [16]
    McKid (2): Preda [8], MrTLicious [13]

Gizzy (1): AustinP0027 [2], Martoss [9], Grunt's Ghosts [19]
    Sir Fabulous (1): premium [5]
    WACriminal (1): AustinP0027 [14]

premium (0): Heffling[4]
    MrTLicious (0): Gizzy [7]

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    Heffling because I feel like there must have been a mafia on the discrider bandwagon, kime and H3Knuckles died green, and I know it wasn't me, so...

• Options
    Ugh, formatting the votes is such a pain in the ass.

My preliminary thoughts:
    • I don't know how to read the MrT votes on McKid. The two things I think of are that McKid is also mafia, and MrT knew it was a safe vote that also didn't look too suspicious at the time, or McKid is village and MrT knew there was no risk to mafia with the vote because it wouldn't push a mafia out
    • Adding to that, McKid's voting has been pretty mafia-ish, with seemingly tossing out random votes and never moving them. By the time he voted Kime yesterday, discrider was already a wagon, and Heffling was picking up behind him.
    • WACriminal falls into the same place in my eyes. Voting has been very carefully placed on randoms, except jumping on yesterday's wagon at the very end

As of right now, my eyes are pointed at McKid. The vote pattern to me looks like mafia trying to hide themselves off to the side.