As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You'll die again and again, again and again, and so on. Dark Souls

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Can I be summoned into NG+ if I'm still on my first play through ?

Yes. The only thing that matters is the level range.

• Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Nice.
    I just killed a red phantom with free aim pyromancy. I set it up with the Witch's Locks fire whip. Stunned it then hit it in the face with great chaos fire orb.

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Whew. Okay. Got some stuff done today. Found the shortcut between the Gaping Dragon's lair and the Depths bonfire. I never want to see those curse gremlins again.

Then I went and killed the Gaping Dragon. Gotta love that lightning damage, though I finished it off with some pyromancy. Really just had to treat it like a Monster Hunter boss, and keep my distance while waiting for it to overcommit. Anyway, killed it, looted some proper armor, and made it to Blighttown.

Aaaand almost immediately fled Blighttown and hoofed it to Firelink to buy some moss.

Also went and grabbed the Drake Sword. It's still pretty powerful for where I am, though it can't be enchanted with my Magic Weapon spell. It'll still be a very good weapon for when I have no charges of that. Currently favoring my Gargoyle Tail Axe, though I get the feeling that the automatic chunk of poison and toxic buildup will be one hell of a drawback while I'm in Blighttown.

• Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I just got through NG++ from the start of the game to the area where the crabs are, all while continually trying to invade.

I got zero, ZERO invasion hits.

Man this is frustrating.

Barcardi on
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Barcardi wrote: »
    I just got through NG++ from the start of the game to the area where the crabs are, all while continually trying to invade.

I got zero, ZERO invasion hits.

Man this is frustrating.
    @Barcardi
    Which system?
    What SL is your character?
    Did you put in a match making password and forget?

I did that once.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Oh
    I can get 5 points of faith with this priestess ring!

That puts me at 40/40!

Nito!

• Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    So is the ring of favor and protection good or is having one ring stuck on forever just too big a downside

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    So is the ring of favor and protection good or is having one ring stuck on forever just too big a downside

in DS1? you might as well just have 1 ring slot because that sucker is the best ring in the game

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    I liked Havel's ring more but the Ring of Favor and Protection is real, real good

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    fap ring is the best ring in the game period

havels is very very good if you intend to go anything other than light armor and ninja flipz

• Options
    I got the white hair talisman

I kindA want to hunt the mimics for the funny hat, but I kinda don't care

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    it's health stamina and equipload, it's everything you need.

now get that giant's armour.

• Options
    I'm so spoiled by Havels making me run like a dainty princess and chloranth letting me completely ignore stamina management

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I need to find something to replace the eastern helmet for my pyro.

Oh my goodness

https://youtu.be/i6qa7aptE1Q

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    You know, I knew that Blighttown was going to be a disgusting shithole as soon as I heard that it was called Blighttown...

But wow, Blighttown is a disgusting shithole.

• Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    That moment when you go through the gate to Blightown and the entire atmosphere suddenly changes is just... eaugh.

• Options
    Whee! Beat Quelaag and rung the second bell.

And now Sen's Fortress is almost making me miss Blighttown. Almost. The access to the blacksmith and the actual lighting make it still preferable to that place.

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Finally got to the Ancient Wyvern.

Man, I do like no damage to it.

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Finally got to the Ancient Wyvern.

Man, I do like no damage to it.
    hint for that boss if you want it
    try plunging attack

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Some interesting musings about Dark Souls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE8vCl09QIE

• Options
    MarsMars Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Currently favoring my Gargoyle Tail Axe, though I get the feeling that the automatic chunk of poison and toxic buildup will be one hell of a drawback while I'm in Blighttown.

That's actually increased resistance, it's just displayed weirdly. When you significantly increase a status effect meter, it has to "drain" from its previous minimum to the new one. It does the same thing when you equip the resistance rings.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    it does that so you can't swap on resistance gear when you've already got buildup started
    in theory anyway
    in practice it's so minor as to make no difference, as long as swapping it off didn't reduce your buildup amount so you could swap the ring on and off and on and off to clear the buildup or something

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Peas wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTEatf1idVE

Turn down the volume for the first 30 seconds

oh shit whaddup

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    You know, I knew that Blighttown was going to be a disgusting shithole as soon as I heard that it was called Blighttown...

But wow, Blighttown is a disgusting shithole.

I only ever did that place from the normal entrance once, on my first playthrough.

Always took the shortcut from then on.

Fuck doing the entire zone.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited June 2016
    How do you do the shortcut from the start? Can the master key open the door from New Londo to the valley of drakes?

Enlong on
  • Options
    How do you do the shortcut from the start? Can the master key open the door from New Londo to the valley of drakes?

Yup, master key lets you run in that way

Very useful, minimal amount of blow dart snipers

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, well that's good to know. If I ever do the game over, I'll grab that as my gift.

I got tricked by the Tiny Being's Ring on this run.
    Mars wrote: »
    Currently favoring my Gargoyle Tail Axe, though I get the feeling that the automatic chunk of poison and toxic buildup will be one hell of a drawback while I'm in Blighttown.

That's actually increased resistance, it's just displayed weirdly. When you significantly increase a status effect meter, it has to "drain" from its previous minimum to the new one. It does the same thing when you equip the resistance rings.

Oh, good to know. I only got Toxic'd once or twice, so I guess my axe (and my Pyromancer robes) helped.

• Options
    Oh hey Orenstein and Smough are the last things standing between me and that sweet sweet lord vessel, gotta get back in there and take them out tonight

I want to upgrade some stuff and running around is for suckers

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    depending on the type of upgrading you're looking to do, there is the giant smith right next to the main building in Anor Londo

• Options
    The bigger obstacle to upgrading right now is just not having enough titanite

It looks like swamp leeches are a good way get normal and large shards but I don't even want to do the back door section of the blight town walk ever again

I've got my main stuff decently upgrades (Balder Side Sword +10, Elite Knight set all +3) but I'm greedy and want more

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular

It looks like swamp leeches are a good way get normal and large shards but I don't even want to do the back door section of the blight town walk ever again

I've got my main stuff decently upgrades (Balder Side Sword +10, Elite Knight set all +3) but I'm greedy and want more

best place to farm large shards is the depths - there's a bonfire at the end of a hallway filled with the slime monsters that drop from the ceiling. Just run the length of the hallway so they all drop down, kill the hollow at the end, and then walk back up the hallway killing the slimes. If you have any source of fire damage (either a fire weapon or even a pyromancy flame + combustion) then they die super easy and the bonfire right there makes it easy to reset and do it again and again.

• Options
    I'm so glad there's no armor upgrades in ds3

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

I've been doing a lot of grinding in the hallway leading up to O&S, from the bonfire you get after beating them. The giants have a chance to drop titanite chunks, and the enemies drop decent amounts of souls that you can use to buy more titanite from the giant smith.

• Options
    Does anyone have an Onikiri and Ubadachi they aren't using

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

I assume PS4? I can just save scum and give you mine

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

I assume PS4? I can just save scum and give you mine

I don't know what that means, but yeah, PS4.

I upgraded mine to +10 before realizing it has too high of a DEX requirement (and END) to work with my pyro if I'm stopping at 120.

I could give you my +10.

What is your PSN?

I can get on in six hours.

• Options
    By save scum, I imagine she means saving a backup of her file, giving you the weapons, and then restoring the backup, to keep the originals.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2016
    By save scum, I imagine she means saving a backup of her file, giving you the weapons, and then restoring the backup, to keep the originals.

yeah basically

you don't have to give me anything, its cool

I'll add you when I get home from work, so sometime tonight (EST)

Naphtali on
    Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Oh wow ok awesome

I'm starting that DEX/Luck build and want to go full weeb with it...

This discussion has been closed.