As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Optimal

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited May 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Optimal

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    Huttj509Huttj509 Registered User regular
    Have mercy.

• Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    BOOM!!! HEADSHOT!!!!

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Sounds like the TF2 Ubercharge problem. Wasting it on one person is better than wasting it on zero.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    At least you don't lose your ult on death. Unless you switch characters or are playing the game type that switches every time you die.
    I definitely had a few matches when playing that mode where I just managed to get Mercy's ult up then died.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HeWhoSeesHeWhoSees Registered User regular
    Oh, hello karma. Been a while since I've seen you out in the open like this. How's it going?

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    Tycho, linking to wh40k wikia and not Lexicanum? For shame! :P

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Gabe was probably going to use whatever he had to kill him anyway.

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    So is Zarya brutal but kunnin' or kunnin' but brutal?

• Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    You have to be kunnin' if you want to live long enough to get brutal, so I guess the second?

GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    NEVER wait to pop ults, in any game. I mean, obviously don't waste them, but if you use them early and often, that's that many more uses you can get in a match. If it's got a 90 second cooldown, and you waste 3 minutes waiting to pop at some perceived optimal time, you effectively wasted 2 more opportunities to use your ult. That is ON TOP OF the fact that you may get killed before your perceived optimal time.

Zomagic on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Man, how amazing would it be if voice-chat altered your voice to sound like whatever character you were playing as?

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    KorboKorbo Registered User new member
    I absolutely adore Reaper's face.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Golden Yak wrote: »
    Man, how amazing would it be if voice-chat altered your voice to sound like whatever character you were playing as?

Given that you can have multiples of the same character on a team it would get really confusing.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    Gabe was probably going to use whatever he had to kill him anyway.

I thought that was what had happened since I, for some reason, seem to read these Last panel, First Panel, Second panel

• Options
    RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    I feel ashamed as a cooldown hoarder. Normally I never use cooldowns because I am saving them for the absolute maximum yield. But I played Mercy exclusively for the day of beta I played, and I didn't even realize her rez worked on multiple allies. I assumed you had to target a downed ally, too, so I may have missed a bunch of opportunities.

• Options
    trident042trident042 Registered User regular
    I'm reminded of the TF2 PSA: Pop It, Don't Drop It.

This signature now left intentionally blank.
  • Options
    shadowysea07shadowysea07 Registered User regular
    "I feel ashamed as a cooldown hoarder."

I blame video games teaching us to hoard everything.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "But I might need that Elixir later!"
    "This is the final boss."
    "... He has another form after this one, right?"

• Options
    homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
    "But I might need that Elixir later!"
    "This is the final boss."
    "... He has another form after this one, right?"
    I wonder if there's game that makes the last or bonus boss(es) stronger for every one-time-use-super-item you still have in your inventory. It could power itself up by forcing more on to you and striking before you can use them.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    A great solution for that hoarding problem is in the zeboyd RPGs. You get a certain amount of the item and it refreshes with every battle. You can't just hoard a ton to make the final boss trivial, and you have no incentive to hold onto everything just in case.

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    "I feel ashamed as a cooldown hoarder."

I blame video games teaching us to hoard everything.

We're gonna end up like the generation who went through the Great Depression.

steam_sig.png