As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Overwatch] It's High Nerf

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    6vhmTWv.gif

Here's Bastion and Ganymede! i'm getting better every day! Twofer today!

Next up, the one with the nicest butt of all.

Roadhog?

i mean, sure, speaking in absolute terms...

But i mean the nicest butt in niceness per cube inch.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »
    Jasconius wrote: »
    the biggest factors in potg seem to be killing people who are casting their ults, and multi-kills that directly lead to objective time for your team

so if you team kill with Reaper Q but it was away from the point or nobody was ulting... that doesn't count as much as someone double killing a Pharra and a Bastion who are ulting

It also really likes environmental kills.

PotG also favors killing people that are using their ultimates over multikills. I got one for killing a Barraging Pharah as Junkrat even though it was the only kill I got in those ten seconds.

It was a very short match though: we stonewalled them at the first point on Numbani, so there wasn't much time for big multikills.

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited May 2016
    I've been checking out some play videos, and I'm seriously thinking of picking this up tonight on the ps4. But... I'm sure I'll suck. The only other FPS I've really dug into is Destiny, and while I'm pretty solid at pve, my pvp instincts are terrible. But I still have an ok time. So it's not a question of if I'll enjoy it, it's a question of if I play with you all, and I kind of suck, will that spoil things for the rest of you? That's always been my main obstacle to pvp, that I don't want to bum out my teammates.

Be Lucio. With Lucio, your job is to be near your teammates whilst spitting out only the hypeist healing or speedy jams. Just keep using the Amp power when it recharges and everybody will thank you.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    CjerrqqUUAIs__t.jpg:large

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    How to Lucio:

Step 1: be near teammates always
    Step 2: don't you let the beat
    https://youtu.be/bC9-TUZSjoQ

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    PS4 crew I'm gonna take a nap and then hop on for a while

So like 2-4 hours

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I just played this game for like 4 hours and I still wanna play more

I really hope they are working on new maps and gametypes for this, though

I don't need new characters, but I need a lot more of those

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    CjerrqqUUAIs__t.jpg:large

This is my new favorite photo on the internet

• Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    speed are you console or PC

Both because I'm garbage

what's your b.net thing

SpeedRacer#1208

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    PS4 crew I'm gonna take a nap and then hop on for a while

So like 2-4 hours

I won't be on until later, but I'll be able to play until the sun comes up.

• Options
    VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    had to upload this highlight not because it's particularly awesome (I die within like, 5 seconds of the video starting), but because of the Pharah who dies right at the end after ulting

https://youtu.be/skrAyyXvlwU

I freakin' love Symmetra

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • Options
    I love Pharah, but she is definitely the character who dies the funniest

She just flops out of the air

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    LuvTheMonkeyLuvTheMonkey High Sierra Serenade Registered User regular
    JUSTICE RAINS FROM AB-hurk

Molten variables hiss and roar. On my mind-forge, I hammer them into the greatsword Epistemology. Many are my foes this night.
    STEAM | GW2: Thalys
  • Options

That one of my absolute favorite audio touches: people going "bleh" mid-callout if they die during it.

ygPIJ.gif
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular

That one of my absolute favorite audio touches: people going "bleh" mid-callout if they die during it.

They're pretty much all great, but I think Reaper's "DIE DIE D-AUGH" is probably my favorite.

• Options
    Do we have an official statement on what new content they plan on adding to the game?

I know they've said characters, but are they gonna add maps and gametypes and cosmetics?

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    The first update is going to be competitive mode, I know that much.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    I've been checking out some play videos, and I'm seriously thinking of picking this up tonight on the ps4. But... I'm sure I'll suck. The only other FPS I've really dug into is Destiny, and while I'm pretty solid at pve, my pvp instincts are terrible. But I still have an ok time. So it's not a question of if I'll enjoy it, it's a question of if I play with you all, and I kind of suck, will that spoil things for the rest of you? That's always been my main obstacle to pvp, that I don't want to bum out my teammates.

Yo, you can be trash and I don't think any of us will care. Even if you are there are characters that can allow you to stand out. The various turret heroes! Reinhart shield and hit stuff! Lucio wubwublove! etc.

But in actuality you'll be totally fine.

• Options
    With how insanely successful this game appears to be and how super loaded and we'll staffed Blizzard already is I think we will be seeing loads of basically every realistic type of content for this game in the long run

A producer (i think?) even recently commented that a single player element of campaign isn't completely off the table

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    With how insanely successful this game appears to be and how super loaded and we'll staffed Blizzard already is I think we will be seeing loads of basically every realistic type of content for this game in the long run

A producer (i think?) even recently commented that a single player element of campaign isn't completely off the table

okay but can i have that stuff now

6F32U1X.png
  • Options

Do you have a time machine

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    tumblr_inline_o7nkjwUvKs1rfy1yb_540.png

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options

I play Tracer a lot

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Can you control which direction you exit D.va from when the mech blows?

• Options

I play Tracer a lot
    Then I am sorry but you will have to wait because you can only go forward in time in short bursts and then you must go back in one long sequence ultimately balancing out

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited May 2016

I would also like to know if this is possible, because leaping out of your mech and into the pit on that one KotH map feels terrible.

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    Three days after release would be rather soon to announce new content, but the last set of changes was way back during the closed beta on April 21st, so I'd have to guess they have some content on the way

• Options
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    Three days after release would be rather soon to announce new content, but the last set of changes was way back during the closed beta on April 21st, so I'd have to guess they have some content on the way

I don't need specifics, just them on the books saying "yeah we'll put new maps and gametypes in it"

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    I'd swear up and down that she ejects based on the direction your holding but I'm not 100% sure.

• Options

I don't need specifics, just them on the books saying "yeah we'll put new maps and gametypes in it"
    I mean

To be honest that doesn't even really seem like a thing that needs to be stated given how huge this game is and Blizzard's insane history of support

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular

There was a Developer Update in December where Jeff Kaplan confirmed that post-launch maps and heroes will be free, but did not give any sort of timetable for the release of additional content

More recently, he posted that "We’re also working on a TON of post-launch features and content. It’s going to be a pretty amazing summer," and in an interview with Ars Technica the Assistant Game Director confirmed that additional maps and heroes will be free, as well as citing continued support of a game through regular content updates as being "vital to the longterm involvement and investment."

So no direct confirmations (outside of reaffirming that additional content will be free), but it's clear they're planning on adding more stuff in.

• Options
    Blizzard is still patching Diablo 2

They just put out the biggest new shooter franchise in years and managed to do it in an exclusively multiplayer format while still charging 40-60 bucks for it.

They are going to make so much fucking content for this game

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    edited May 2016
    ph blake wrote: »

I would also like to know if this is possible, because leaping out of your mech and into the pit on that one KotH map feels terrible.

You can yes. She'll jump in the direction you're holding early in her eject animation

EDIT: Also if the eject animation starts and you immediately hit Q it'll trigger the self destruct

Kana on
    A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    I just played this game for like 4 hours and I still wanna play more

I really hope they are working on new maps and gametypes for this, though

I don't need new characters, but I need a lot more of those

It's Blizzard, how could they not be working on tons of additional content?

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular

I play Tracer a lot

The Dr Who version of staying at a Holdiay Inn.

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    Symmetra sucks, holy shit

Those turrets are nowhere near as satisfying as Torb's

• Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    ph blake wrote: »

You can yes. She'll jump in the direction you're holding early in her eject animation

EDIT: Also if the eject animation starts and you immediately hit Q it'll trigger the self destruct

Can confirm both of these.

• Options
    pookapooka Registered User regular
    Vow, sometimes i think the teasing is one of those forum jokes. y'know ha ha, but not really.
    how can you be on the wrong side of an argument so consistently and spectacularly?

lfchwLd.jpg
  • Options
    I do wonder what kinds of gametypes would work for this, since anything that is purely about kills is just completely out

The only one I can think of is I'd like to see a CTF mode

6F32U1X.png
This discussion has been closed.