Options

HITMAN 2 is probably still the best hitman but HITMAN Ill has some cool things going on

• Options
    WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    well at least you died the way you lived

4SMZq.jpg
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    I hope the explosive phone comes back so I can autowin every elusive target like before
    It's already there, but you might need the legacy pack to get it. (one of the Bangkok unlocks, I don't know if there's a version 2 in the new levels that I haven't found yet)

I loved just sitting in the meeting with Sean.
    "You, say you want to kill me. How do you do it?"
    "I poison your coffee."
    "I've survived that before."
    "I could push you over the balcony."
    "There are bushes down there, I've walked away from worse."
    "I could stab throw a knife through your neck, smart-arse."
    "...Yeah, that'd work, but it's not exactly subtle, is it?"
    "Fine, I'll run off, disguise myself as your weapons guy, then shove a pen through your eye. Let's see you come back from that."
    In retrospect, I wish I'd spent more time looking for a way to get there in Suit Only. There should have been a 'how about a magic trick?' challenge for doing that while dressed as a clown.

The intro video and the meeting felt a bit hand-holdy, but I'm hoping that's just to ease new players into ETs rather than something they'll do for each one.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    NyysjanNyysjan FinlandRegistered User regular
    Early ET's should be easy, and ince game has been out longer and people get more familiar with the maps, targets start getting harder and harder.

• Options
    LalaboxLalabox Registered User regular
    i'd really gotten used to dropping weapons to get guards to pick them up and wander off for ages, but i forgot that that's a crime unless you are licensed to carry them around in the first place.

the ai may not be able to figure out that the person who just walked out of a restricted area probably wasn't allowed to be there in the first place and did just commit a crime even if they aren't currently committing one

but they can figure out that if a person just dropped a gun, they probably were just holding it, and they might not have been allowed to do that and that's bad

• Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Got him. If anyone is curious about where you can find a photo
    There's one upstairs in Knox's office, which took a fairly long time of scouring all the desks in the building before I found it. I cleared out the lab just to be safe, but it's an instant kill, counts as an accident just like in the main level. Took a dry run to tell me to clear the lab though, first time a scientist was in the crossfire and I had to restart quickly to save SA

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    There's one upstairs in Knox's office, which took a fairly long time of scouring all the desks in the building before I found it. I cleared out the lab just to be safe, but it's an instant kill, counts as an accident just like in the main level. Took a dry run to tell me to clear the lab though, first time a scientist was in the crossfire and I had to restart quickly to save SA

Interesting info, gonna use that
    How to achieve this consistently / safely:

On the normal level you can enter the scientists lab , go into the storage space behind it, climb the pipe, trigger the fusebox, wait on the balcony (Note, enemies do not seem to be able to look through the glass window/door as long as it is closed), and a scientist will investigate. Knock him out, untrigger the fusebox (Otherwise a second scientist will move in), dress as a scientist.
    Nobody in Knox's office is an Enforcer to that disguise in the normal mission. I don't know if there are extra people in Knox's office in this.

Normally you can pick up an engineering disguise from the coat rack without any risk, but I saw they added a guard to that.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    SanderJK wrote: »

On the normal level you can enter the scientists lab , go into the storage space behind it, climb the pipe, trigger the fusebox, wait on the balcony (Note, enemies do not seem to be able to look through the glass window/door as long as it is closed), and a scientist will investigate. Knock him out, untrigger the fusebox (Otherwise a second scientist will move in), dress as a scientist.
    Nobody in Knox's office is an Enforcer to that disguise in the normal mission. I don't know if there are extra people in Knox's office in this.

Normally you can pick up an engineering disguise from the coat rack without any risk, but I saw they added a guard to that.
    I started the opportunity domino to get Sean moving, then ran directly to the lab and became Yu, who is only detectable by Knox and one bodyguard in the office, who is easy to avoid if you're careful. Went up the pipe as you say though, much quicker than anything else.

Snicketysnick on
    7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Phew, Mark Faba is dead! Or is he...

thmrcpbh8zic.jpg

Pretty satisfied with my time! I restarted a few times and tried to get as much of the special dialogue as possible before deciding on a method.
    I really like the interactions you can have with Sean Bean in this, both in the meeting room and
    dressed as Yu
    . Good stuff!

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    i'm suddenly having a weird issue with miami where like, if i get anywhere near the top floor of the kromstadt building the race immediately ends

at least i didn't think that was happening before? i get the prompt that the race is in its final lap and then the sound clip practically gets cut off by the notification that the race is over

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I'm not sure how to get silent assassin on the elusive target. He seems to constantly be surrounded by guards.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Peewi wrote: »
    I'm not sure how to get silent assassin on the elusive target. He seems to constantly be surrounded by guards.

Remember that accident deaths do not cause you to lose silent assassin, even if the body is found

To be way more specific:
    the robot can shoot him and that's it. The photo of Faba you need for this is
    upstairs in Knox' office

It's the way I did it, see the screenshot above in the thread. I can walk you through it real quick:
    • bring a lockpick
    • get the engineer outfit, talk to Dave, go into meeting room to make sure Dave gets there and the meeting starts
    • run to Yu's office, coin a regular scientist into the room, knock him out, take his clothes
    • use the pipe in the back of the weapon showroom to get upstairs
    • grab the picture from Knox' desk - I advise you to stay mostly crouched, both the scientist at the desk and the security guy in Knox' office see through you
    • go downstairs, feed the data to the robot
    • back upstairs, go to the security office, delete footage (when either the guard's back is turned or he's outside)
    • unlock the door to the helipad
    • wait in front of the helicopter until the robot shoots Faba, exfil

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I guess I hadn't explored Miami thoroughly enough, because I hadn't even been to the top floor of the Kronstadt building.

• Options
    You can get rid of guards for a while if you arrange for them to find a gun on the floor.
    And if a non-guard finds a gun, they'll tell the closest guard to get rid of it.
    If you choose your place well, they can spend quite a while walking to the closest security drop-off point and back.
    If you can get ahead of him and drop two guns, that peels his guards off long enough to poison/stab/shoot him and hide the body, so long as you pick somewhere with a hiding spot.

And if you have one, a poison syringe can kill him so it's an accident, so him dropping dead in front of people isn't a problem.
    In theory, jut throwing a coin so everyone looks away for a second should be long enough to get in there and stick him (though that can be tricky to get right first time. I've used it a lot on escalations, though).

• Options
    Remember that dropping guns is a crime unless you're a cop

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I always found poison syringes finicky as hell, I often got noticed without any idea why

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    I think the "notice" window is about the same as for lockpicking, but the range on it is huge, so any windows in the wrong place and you get screwed. Which is why I always go for emetic syringes for elusive targets.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    I think (haven't tested it in 2 yet) that you can place guns from around corners if you take cover then use the two shoulder buttons to place it (no idea what the PC button is for it).

It's usually not worth it, but if you're stuck in a room and need to get a guard out of there, it might be worth a try. There's usually something that can break line of sight for a moment.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    well, this elusive target was very easy

explosive duck 4 life

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    SanderJK wrote: »

I started the opportunity domino to get Sean moving, then ran directly to the lab and became Yu, who is only detectable by Knox and one bodyguard in the office, who is easy to avoid if you're careful. Went up the pipe as you say though, much quicker than anything else.

I just did it this way. Very safe and guaranteed. Read this if you want to secure this and don't want to deal with the stress of permanent failure.
    Starting gear:
    1 coin and a 1 shot from a silenced pistol is all I used.

Run into the lobby. The coat check is on the left.
    There's a dude now at the coat rack, you can wait until he turns from you, then vault into the area, and pick up an engineer disguise on the right. Vault back out.

Talk to your contact. Wait for him to talk, and walk a tiny bit. Then shoot the camera from behind the barrier on the side of the reception desk.

Follow your contact into the meeting, then leave immediately. (I waited until he said his name to make sure his routine is started)

Run to Yu's office, on the same floor. Get a coin ready. Throw it through the door so Yu goes to pick it up. (Otherwise, as soon you enter the room, Yu's clockwork makes him walk into the Lab)
    Knock him out, and disguise as him.

Go to the storeroom behind the lab. Go into small room next to it. Climb up the pipe.

Dodge the guard that Enforces, very easy because he spends a lot of time staring at a wall. There is a file on Knoxes desk.

Follow the same path down to the Lab.

When I did this, Sean Bean showed up in the corridor at about this time.

Talk to him as Yu, and he goes into the lab, looking at the pen.
    Scan his file, and the robot shoots him.

Walk out.

7mins, and as I said above, almost no risk. The first disguise, Yu, and the guard are slightly timed, but basic Hitman skills. The camera shot is perhaps a bit more of an advanced move, but 100% risk free (On my first try I shot to early, and my contact walked back towards me but nothing happened)

Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I finally got back to Hitman 2 today. It was eventful. Got a Silent Assassin on Sean Bean. Then spent the rest of the time getting mastery on Paris. Replaying the old missions is strange because it has been long enough that I don't remember all the tricks and items on the maps but as I play them it starts coming back quicker and quicker. Like oiling a rusty machine.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    i was screwing around in new zealand a bit more, and i'd heard about something about something that happens if you kill everyone on the map silently before going to alert the target and gosh
    basically, you end up waking alma up as she runs away through the house past the bodies of all her security staff, fleeing in terror through her panic room and outside, being pursued by 47, before running into the sea to get away and drowning in the waves

i think, even moreso than 2016, hitman 2 is very very good at letting you play out certain scenes and moods. you can easily play it as more of a comedy game, or a crouching cover-based suit-only stealth game, or just as a really good way of recreating and reinventing iconic scenes

the game is just really good, and really varied and it's great

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Lalabox wrote: »
    i was screwing around in new zealand a bit more, and i'd heard about something about something that happens if you kill everyone on the map silently before going to alert the target and gosh
    basically, you end up waking alma up as she runs away through the house past the bodies of all her security staff, fleeing in terror through her panic room and outside, being pursued by 47, before running into the sea to get away and drowning in the waves

i think, even moreso than 2016, hitman 2 is very very good at letting you play out certain scenes and moods. you can easily play it as more of a comedy game, or a crouching cover-based suit-only stealth game, or just as a really good way of recreating and reinventing iconic scenes

the game is just really good, and really varied and it's great

Speaking of that mission, did you catch the
    extra dialogue that Alma has? Apparently she gets up from bed after a while and makes a call

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn9YtUVDt3o
    That's such a neat little thing, and it's just in there for people to discover. I love stuff like that.

e: spoiler tagged just in case

el_vicio on
    ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    honestly, at the moment, the draw for me in HITMAN is discovering fun small stories, rather than pulling off cool murders or whatever

it's just fun to eavesdrop, and to push all these little stories into motion, or disrupt them and make something else happen

some are funny, some are bleak, some are a little more heartwarming

but really, all the dialogue and small touches are really what make the game's mechanics shine

• Options
    How is finding all the coins in the last level only worth 2000 mastery, it takes ages.

7qmGNt5.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Godammit.

I failed the Elusive Target at the last moment. Was trying to hide the target's body when I got spotted at the last second of the hiding-body animation by one of his security guards. Tried to escape but got gunned down.

So I guess I don't get the special item. I really hate that you can just permanently fail the mission and never get the reward.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Stilts wrote: »
    Godammit.

I failed the Elusive Target at the last moment. Was trying to hide the target's body when I got spotted at the last second of the hiding-body animation by one of his security guards. Tried to escape but got gunned down.

So I guess I don't get the special item. I really hate that you can just permanently fail the mission and never get the reward.

You get the pen bomb just for attempting it

EDIT: At least I'm pretty sure you do?

Maddoc on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Godammit.

Okay, yeah, I was slightly wrong. You DO get the pen just for trying it.

But there are two outfits you can only get by a) completing the mission and b) earning Silent Assassin.

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Maddoc wrote: »
    Godammit.

Okay, yeah, I was slightly wrong. You DO get the pen just for trying it.

But there are two outfits you can only get by a) completing the mission and b) earning Silent Assassin.

Yeah, thankfully you get those for completing any elusive targets

So you can still get Pit Bull but also gloves once they do another elusive target in Miami

Honestly, having a guaranteed reward just for attempting Elusive Targets was a super good idea on their part, even if the pen bomb is stupid and I don't know when I'd actually use it, it's a fun item

Maddoc on
  • Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    Ive been playing blood money again concurrently with Hitman and I must say im glad I can stand still like a creep and still works

The first levels of blood money kinda suck and I have to go back and SA the first non training on pro because I forgot accidents dont count towards raitings. To get to the plane you kinda have to drown a few dudes

icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Huh, I didn’t know there was a silent assassin reward for the elusive target. If it’s per location that’s not that bad.

I’d yet to just snipe someone in this and went to the Isle of Sgail to raise my mastery to get the Sieger 300. I also unlocked the proximity concussion device and that thing was handy. I may not have gotten SA but I did do my first suit only run.

I went from the start through the parking garage, unlocked the door to the racing grounds, walked up to the race tower and despite what the intro says I didn’t see a single guard. I tossed the proximity conc to knock both the race overseers out at once and then just stood there until he showed his face. Then I packed up my rifle and walked out the main entrance.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I think Silent Assassin ET rewards this season are just for 1 SAET and 5 SAETs. The rest are just "complete the ET in each location".

I miss my special robe from Hokkaido.

Also the pen is kinda cool but also useless? The choices of unlockable item were a robot that was also some sort of flash grenade, a pair of earbuds that was also a fiberwire (which doesn't really make sense because fiber wire isn't an illegal item in this game so why would you need a 2nd one that is inconspicuous) and the exploding pen, which acts as both a lethal throwing item and an explosive. Who do I need to kill AND explode at the same time? I guess if you want to cause the most amount of damage, or if you miss their head and meekly throw it on the floor, you can still get them with the blast radius?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Also I like the implication that in the Hitman universe, everyone has mild to severe prosopagnosia and can't recognize faces. Even Sean Bean, who I just met in the other room and said hello to, now thinks I am an Asian scientist. There's also a specific costume you can get in the suburbs that is of another character who is black while Agent 47 is obviously not black at all.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Most of the unlockable things in the game are useless for general gameplay, you get them so you can knock people out with a fish while dressed as a clown.

And I'm grateful for that.

• Options
    Who do I need to kill AND explode at the same time?

Everyone, because it's awesome

Seriously though, I like this toy. Sure it's silly and not the most practical thing, especially if you're all SA or SASO, but I would not want IO to lock actually helpful items behind ETs, because you get only one shot. If you don't get that, what, you can kiss your optimized runs down the line goodbye? I think this way is the better choice. You still get the thrill of one-and-done ET missions, but there's not too much on the line to sour you on the game if you do fuck up, I don't think

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    One of the unlockable melee items is a crystal ball that breaks when you use it once. Practicality is not a foremost concern with these things.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I am watching a let's play of Hitman Absolution.

Vents you can crawl through like this is a Deus Ex game should never be in Hitman games.

Also linear maps where you don't get to assassinate anybody except in a cutscene.

Couscous on
  • Options
    klemming wrote: »
    One of the unlockable melee items is a crystal ball that breaks when you use it once. Practicality is not a foremost concern with these things.

I keep on wishing there was some advantage to to those throwables that broke once you used them.

• Options
    Absolution isn't really a bad game, it's just not a Hitman game.

All the good bits of Absolution were taken out and put into the new games, and they work really well.
    Couscous wrote: »
    I keep on wishing there was some advantage to to those throwables that broke once you used them.
    I don't know if it's an advantage, but I enjoy throwing soda cans at everyone so they explode on impact. They're generally numerous enough that you don't have to worry about running out unless you're really on a spree, and it's one less thing to pick up as you clean up the scene.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Is there a limit on the amount of objects you can have in your inventory because I ran into a problem where I couldn't pick up anything unless I dropped something. 47 would make a pick up motion but the object would just stay there and I wouldn't get it in my inventory.

My version of 47 is a petty thief who often ends up knocking out pretty much everybody in a level stealthily and shoving them into closets to make getting around easier.
    All the good bits of Absolution were taken out and put into the new games, and they work really well.
    Some of how the bits that are good in the reboot were terribly implemented in Absolution. Certain characters being able to see through your disguise if you are in the same costume as them makes sense. All of the characters with that costume being able to do it doesn't. Instinct as a way to let players see who will be suspicious of you and whatnot works but then they have it give you the ability to shoot like four people at once like this is Red Dead Redemption and the ability to use it to avoid detection easily. Contracts was a good idea, but the maps they designed were generally terrible for it unlike the reboot maps.

Couscous on
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I do find myself missing the limit on the number of people you can stealthily knock out. Blood Money had those consumable syringes so doing a mission well but not ridiculously well generally meant not being able to just knock out a bunch of people but knowing exactly what disguises you needed and various other details of the level so you didn't waste your limited syringes. Granted, I think you could still just knock people out by grabbing them as a human shield and then pressing a button, but that was still more limited than the options in the reboot.

Also I hate the suit only challenges and am mad at myself for doing them despite being completely optional and not even needed to get to rank 20 for a location.

The challenges could be better at communicating when my bullshit ways to do them won't count. I knocked out the female target in the Sapienza level and dragged her to get shot by a cannon but I think it didn't count because I was supposed to use a different cannon and not try to bullshit my way to finishing the challenge. Or knocking out the targets, dropping a propane tank down next to them, and trying to complete a challenge that way. Honestly I am just kind of seeing how I can finish challenges in kind of BS ways.

Couscous on