As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Keyboard [chat]

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    so i just read about another hot-female-teacher-boning-young-teen thing and so as i get through the article i see something i've never seen before in a story like this: his parents knew (24 y/o teacher, 13 y/o boy), approved, and often invited her over for dinner since she was his girlfriend

*wipes sweat off forehead*

What's insulting to me is that what this woman did is terrible, but because of how our society views older woman and under age male its all back slaps and "Yeah man she's hot." No she's a fucking predator who groomed her victim, there is nothing "hot" about what she did and she should get a lengthy prison sentence.

I'm much more ambivalent when it's some story about a teacher getting sentenced when they banged like, a 17 year old. Still wildly unethical and no doubt a shit person and should absolutely not be allowed to be a teacher, but on the other hand I was pretty clear on which teachers I did and did not want to bang when I was 16.

But 13 is a whole other ballpark, far far beyond any sort of wiggle room. Parents should be getting charged too.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    96% whoo

It is a percentage, right?

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    The was that subplot in Transparent that handled that issue really well. there's the one son who slept with the nanny at like 13 and everyone in the family kind of cheered him on about it even well into adulthood.

and as the show goes on its more and more obvious the guy is really fucking damaged because of it and can't have normal relationships at all.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    Pony wrote: »
    So guess who had a seizure at work and is really upset about it

Gonna take a punt and say Gooey
    So guess who had a seizure at work and is really upset about it

Gonna take a punt and say Gooey

Correct

Poor Gooey

thanks guys i'll be all right

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Aioua wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    ugh looks like we can't get the apartment because they want every occupant to individually have enough income where the rent is under 1/3 of their gross pay

well the rent is more than 100% of my gross pay even if it's under 1/3 what my nephew makes but since I'm listed as an occupant they're going to turn him down

dios mio

What do they do with kids?

It's only for adults, if someone's child turns 18 they won't renew their lease unless the child moves out or gets a job paying no less than ~$2800/month

I'm not sure that's legal.

When me and my housemates were looking for places a person from a management company told us they wouldn't rent to us since we were a bunch of unmarried dudes.

We were like, you know that's illegal, right? (Martial status being a protected class in WA)

They just shrugged.

I mean it's technically illegal to not rent to my nephew+me because my income doesn't meet requirements because he's disabled

but he's a STRONG INDEPENDENT BLIND MAN so he didn't bother to mention his disability

he's deeply afraid of getting things just on account of his disability, and I'm like, bro life sucks and will fuck you so you use whatever you can

override367 on
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    Organichu wrote: »
    so i just read about another hot-female-teacher-boning-young-teen thing and so as i get through the article i see something i've never seen before in a story like this: his parents knew (24 y/o teacher, 13 y/o boy), approved, and often invited her over for dinner since she was his girlfriend

*wipes sweat off forehead*

What's insulting to me is that what this woman did is terrible, but because of how our society views older woman and under age male its all back slaps and "Yeah man she's hot." No she's a fucking predator who groomed her victim, there is nothing "hot" about what she did and she should get a lengthy prison sentence.

I'm much more ambivalent when it's some story about a teacher getting sentenced when they banged like, a 17 year old. Still wildly unethical and no doubt a shit person and should absolutely not be allowed to be a teacher, but on the other hand I was pretty clear on which teachers I did and did not want to bang when I was 16.

But 13 is a whole other ballpark, far far beyond any sort of wiggle room. Parents should be getting charged too.

Any teacher/student relationship is squicky even if they are over legal age its not an even partnership and manipulation is clearly being applied. Its like a Doctor sleeping with a patient kind of ugly.

Also this story follows that great one from Idaho where a dad forced his 14 year old daughter to marry her literal rapist (as in he forced her to have sex not like statutory). Been a great time for US sexual politics. And looking at how shit its getting in Brazil I worry that will be our future if Trump wins the presidency.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i took the test as if i were a good mormon and got a 51

the test is basically 'are you a liberal or conservative with liberal/conservative identitifers'

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    What kind of woman is attracted to a 13 year old boy

Nobody is attracted to 13 year old boys, not even 13 year old girls

Clearly something fucked up going on there

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I was 13 and I lost my virginity to a 26 year old woman

At the time, I did not consider the relationship exploitative and I did not consider it harmful or with really fucked up power dynamics

But actually in my 20s I came to understand it was enormously damaging to my sexual development, my understanding of relationships, and help set me on a really horrendous path in my life

But y'know she was hot so

• Options

a pedophile

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    i watched star trek first contact for the first time last night

haha the guy with the weird forehead said 'Assimilate This'

And then what happened?

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    Re: the teacher student thing i don't want to imply the teacher wasn't at fault because she absolutely was and she should have known better, but from what i read it seemed like the teenager was aggressive in pursuing her

Obviously teenage impulses/crushes should not be indulged by targets of said impulses and it's not like the teenager did anything illegal but i feel like his behavior and his family's behavior should also be condemned

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    I am either a millenial or not a millenial. Being born in 82 makes that hard to know for sure.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    ugh looks like we can't get the apartment because they want every occupant to individually have enough income where the rent is under 1/3 of their gross pay

well the rent is more than 100% of my gross pay even if it's under 1/3 what my nephew makes but since I'm listed as an occupant they're going to turn him down

dios mio

It's only for adults, if someone's child turns 18 they won't renew their lease unless the child moves out or gets a job paying no less than ~$2800/month

When me and my housemates were looking for places a person from a management company told us they wouldn't rent to us since we were a bunch of unmarried dudes.

We were like, you know that's illegal, right? (Martial status being a protected class in WA)

They just shrugged.

Just takes one person who's bored enough to challenge them in court and get free money.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    vapes 87% millennially

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

dios mio

They just shrugged.

I mean it's technically illegal to not rent to my nephew+me because my income doesn't meet requirements because he's disabled

but he's a STRONG INDEPENDENT BLIND MAN so he didn't bother to mention his disability

he's deeply afraid of getting things just on account of his disability, and I'm like, bro life sucks and will fuck you so you use whatever you can

yeah, though I can understand why he doesn't want to lean on it

our society is not kind to those who get 'handouts'

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    except i'm actually a millennial unlike the rest of you phonies

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »

a pedophile

also an anime watcher i suppose but i guess pedophile covers all the bases on that one

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

sometimes you get occasionally outlier early developers

mutants

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    52% millennial

sure that sounds about right

i guess

considering it doesn't really mean anything

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    disabled people that don't milk the system baffle me

I'm fully abled and I'd milk the fuck out of the system, what are you all doing, jesus.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    P10 you are actually a meme.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    the newspaper question is kind of outdated

can you even buy newspapers anymore?

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Orphane wrote: »
    Re: the teacher student thing i don't want to imply the teacher wasn't at fault because she absolutely was and she should have known better, but from what i read it seemed like the teenager was aggressive in pursuing her

Obviously teenage impulses/crushes should not be indulged by targets of said impulses and it's not like the teenager did anything illegal but i feel like his behavior and his family's behavior should also be condemned

Sex Offenders often claim their victims were the ones who pursued them. I would not trust literally anything about that relationship. And the boy is 13 that's not developed at all as far as mentally. I mean my son smiles at the day care ladies when he sees them, I would not be blaming him should one of them molest him.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    look an older attractive female teacher finding interest in a student is *closes window blinds* not acceptable in society and even if the student is of age *locks door* and fully consenting, we need to understand that the power dynamic here is *open laptop* totally unacceptable and something we should not applaud or fantasize in anyway *unzips pants*

Arch,
  • Options
    Chanus wrote: »

yeah totes, i get one delivered to the office

i didnt read it today though so i had to answer no

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    P10 wrote: »
    vapes 87% millenially

I scored 88

Are you even a millenial u fraud

• Options

Sex Offenders often claim their victims were the ones who pursued them. I would not trust literally anything about that relationship.

also like

you know a teenager could pursue me all day long and like

sorry, you're a teenager, get the fuck away

• Options
    Gooey wrote: »

yeah totes, i get one delivered to the office

i didnt read it today though so i had to answer no

hoisted by your own petard

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

Pedophiles

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    92% millennial

I am 30

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Sex Offenders often claim their victims were the ones who pursued them. I would not trust literally anything about that relationship.

also like

this sounds like the beginning to an 80's raunchy comedy

day bow bow

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    the newspaper questions should be changed to 'do you get your news information from a shitty source like fox or cnn or do you get it from a shitty source like gawker and buzfeed

Arch,
  • Options
    navgoosenavgoose Registered User regular
    I'm nowhere near the danger zone age-wise to be mistaken for a milenial.

I'm not taking your silly quiz!
    Get off my lawn!

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    I was born in 1983

Whether or not I am a Gen X'er or a Millennial depends on the arbitrary cutoff points for those generational definitions, which like all generational definitions are completely arbitrary.

• Options

Sex Offenders often claim their victims were the ones who pursued them. I would not trust literally anything about that relationship. And the boy is 13 that's not developed at all as far as mentally. I mean my son smiles at the day care ladies when he sees them, I would not be blaming him should one of them molest him.

That's true

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod

also like

I too would stiff arm a 19 year old

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular

dios mio

They just shrugged.

Just takes one person who's bored enough to challenge them in court and get free money.

what free money

there aren't any statutory damages

all we could do is sue them to force them to stop doing it, otherwise we'd have to prove harm which is actually pretty hard!

in the mean time, lol we still gotta live somewhere and we ain't got the money or time to engage in lengthy civil suits

So the law is effectively unenforceable. Maybe $bigRightsGroup would sponsor a class-action case against $bigShittyApartmentCorp, but for individual landlords the law may as well not exist.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular

I read through one sometimes on Sunday morning at work but more often I am on my phone

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options

also like

Ephebophiles and pedophiles in general probably need mental health care. They do not have healthy desires.

Good luck getting anyone to ever agree to that.

This discussion has been closed.