As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FFRK] Thread's dead, baby; thread's dead.

19495969798100»

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Draw fire adds a bluish glow, I think.

I think I usually can get 2 attack-speed actions on between Retaliates.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Rius wrote: »
    dporowski wrote: »
    No, this is stupid. I don't know how you people did this, but 4 turns of AE magic in a row EVERY attempt basically does it. This is seriously enough to put me off bothering with U+ ever again.

For the Cid Mission? I couldn't handle it, is the thing; needed to have three dps who could self heal before I could Clear that fight. That, and Shellga plus Magic Breakdown plus Full Break, and people wearing armors and robes instead of Bracers.

Nope. Using my usual team. I'm getting destroyed through all the breakdowns + shell. Just about the time I get the healer down, it's 4 turns of Deluge/Blizzard, and that's that. Tried bringing a magic blink, and that just meant "5 turns".

Using wall?

Try equipping armor and accessories with more resist and defense?

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Christ on a shit-covered pogo stick. Apparently the "strategy" is just spend 7 hours attempting it until you finally get an attempt where the AI doesn't just "lol nah". That's pretty stupid.

Edit: And yes, this was with wall and the best gear I have. Even with full mitigation, the AE spells were hitting for ~800-1100 per person, depending. Fine, but if they're spammed EVERY TURN for like 5-6 turns, you're shit out of luck.

Editx2: I would fucking kill for a native Dreamstage-clone.

dporowski on
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    And they're all weak against Blind and Slow.

So hone up your Blind Shell and get Laguna ready for prime time.

It'll also be probably the only time that Angel Wing Quake (AoE slow) will be usefu... oh wait, Bahamut's immune to Earth.

I can get Laguna up to 514 ATK right now. Time to shine.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    retaliate draw fire is pretty easy, you should cast retaliate every other cast, and then draw fire lasts a while so as long as you cast it sort of regularly you're ok.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Looks like the thread is about to run out of stamina/get doinked.

• Options
    RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    I've got stuff to do to make dinner, but I can throw up a new thread in a little while.

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Finished CM U+ Asura/Leviathan. Loadout and notes:
    Kain (430 ATK, back row, Pride of the Red Wings)
    Dragoon Jump R3/Blood of the Wyvern R3
    -No SB-

Cecil (443 ATK, 2 +holy items, Holy Knight's Pride)
    Banishing Strike R4/Saint Cross R3
    Paladin Force SB

Edward (318 ATK, back row, Rebel's Might)
    Full Break R2/Magic Breakdown R4
    -No SB-

Porom (354 MND, +700 HP, Cetra's Destiny)
    Slowga R1/Renewing Cure R5
    -No SB-

Rosa (395 MND, +700 HP, Mako Might)
    Shellga R2/Curaja R5
    Divine Heal SB

Shout RW

S/L count: around 15, across all loadouts. 2 with this loadout.
    Medals lost: 3 (2 damage taken, 1 for characters KO'd)

Significant changes here from the prior attempts were dropping Protectga in favor of using Rebel's Might RM to trick Asura into a round 1 dispel. Pecil also ditched Lifesiphon for Banishing Strike, so I wouldn't have to burst down Leviathan through a potential Protect. Both Porom and Kain died late into my final attempt, eating it to a group Blizzaja. I was close enough to having Leviathan down that I kept going, while Cecil dropped the last couple Saint Crosses to finish the fight out. Kain's RM3 dropped despite his very dead condition.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    Aegis wrote: »
    Is the indication that you slowed the enemy the pulsing grey circle that comes out of their body?

I wish any of these debuff/buff indications were more clear. I don't have a clue when Shout, Protectga, Retaliate, Draw Fire, Breakdowns, Sea Lord's Broadside, anything is going to wear off and when I should recast it.

Retaliate lasts 15s, Draw Fire lasts 25s. Breaks and Breakdowns from abilities last 15s, most effects from soul breaks last 25s (Wall, +50% ATK from Shout, Sea Lord's Broadside). "Named" status effects, like Blind, Protect, Shell, Haste, or Regen have sliding durations based on caster and target's MND: Haste typically lasts ~25s, Blind lasts almost forever (60s), Poison literally lasts forever, Protect/Shell/Regen last around 40s.

Your ATB takes 3.5-4.0 seconds to fill depending on your character's SPD. Haste halves that. Standard cast time is 1.6 seconds (faster for ninja and celerity, slower for black magic and soul breaks). This means your character acts about every 3.5 seconds if hasted, or 5.5 seconds if not hasted.

I usually count 15s durations in terms of turns taken: if you're hasted and you're Retaliating, theoretically you can get three actions in and then refresh Retaliate on your fourth action, and have perfect uptime. In practice, animation delays (and your brain delays) mean that it's a lot safer to do two actions and then refresh. If you're not hasted, you probably want to refresh Retaliate every other action, otherwise it will fall off briefly while you're recasting, which could be big trouble. Same logic goes for other 15s duration effects (notably, Breaks and Breakdowns).

25s is kind of a long time: I usually assume most fights will take about 50s total (otherwise I'm going to die because my two RW Shouts or my two RW Walls will be out), so I just refresh those around 50% of boss HP remaining. If that isn't borne out in my first couple of attempts, then I refine the timing on the S/L attempts (usually by delaying the casts a little).

40s buffs go up at the start, and then get refreshed somewhere in the middle when the WHM can spare a moment. Sometimes you can get away with just one use of those.

• Options
    Which speed does the game need to be at for 15 seconds to be 15 seconds? Minus animations freezing the clock, of course.

• Options
    FryFry Registered User regular
    I think speed 3 is where real life time matches up to theoretical in-game time.

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Does Sephiroth just spam Heavens Gate once he takes flight at 40% or so? Or were the four of them in a row just a Fuck You in particular?

Cause aside from that the fight seems potentially doable with an attack card. Provided someone doesn't bite it to the roof caving in at 70% because I was being greedy with heals.

But if he only does that aoe after his wing comes out then that would be a dealbreaker :(

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Aegis wrote: »
    Does Sephiroth just spam Heavens Gate once he takes flight at 40% or so? Or were the four of them in a row just a Fuck You in particular?

Cause aside from that the fight seems potentially doable with an attack card. Provided someone doesn't bite it to the roof caving in at 70% because I was being greedy with heals.

But if he only does that aoe after his wing comes out then that would be a dealbreaker :(

I assume you mean Hell's Gate. It's an auto-use the second turn in Very Weak, and after that, 40% chance per turn. Very weak phase only.

AI from Reddit
    10% (Normal)/20% (Weak)/30% (Very Weak) chance of countering all abilities with Scintilla (PHY: 130% Phys Dmg, Auto-hit Haste on self if attack connects)

Once Reunion Sephiroth has been brought under 70% HP, he will shift permanently to Weak Form, use <Broken Building> (NAT: AoE/LR/AutoHit - 200% Phys Dmg) as an instant action, and then reset his ATB.

Once Reunion Sephiroth has been brought under 40% HP, he will shift permanently to Very Weak Form and reset his ATB.

While in Very Weak Form, Reunion Sephiroth will use <Attack> (PHY: 190% Phys Dmg) on his first turn and Hell's Gate (NAT: AoE - 190% Phys Dmg) on his second turn. After this, he will choose attacks randomly for the rest of the battle.

Normal Pattern:
    20% <Attack> (PHY: 110% Phys Dmg)
    20% Sudden Cruelty (PHY: 2 hits - 110% NonElem Phys Dmg) [Unlocks on Turn 2]
    30% Octaslash (NAT: 190% Phys Dmg) [Unlocks on Turn 3]
    30% Shadow Flare (NAT: 210% Phys Dmg) [Unlocks on Turn 3]

Weak Pattern:
    30% Sudden Cruelty (PHY: 2 hits - 110% NonElem Phys Dmg)
    30% Octaslash (NAT: 190% Phys Dmg)
    40% Shadow Flare (NAT: 210% Phys Dmg)

Very Weak Pattern:
    5% Sudden Cruelty (PHY: 2 hits - 110% NonElem Phys Dmg)
    15% Octaslash (NAT: 190% Phys Dmg)
    40% Shadow Flare (NAT: 210% Phys Dmg)
    40% Hell's Gate (NAT: AoE - 190% Phys Dmg)

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Okay so it was a Fuck You in Particular combined with a relatively high chance that he'd just keep casting it anyway.

Oh well.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Fry wrote: »

Do note that in game time doesn't advance while any animation is playing. The only timer that does is Jump air time.

• Options
    Fry wrote: »

Do note that in game time doesn't advance while any animation is playing. The only timer that does is Jump air time.

Oh, really? Not that I doubt it, but wouldn't that make Dragoon Jump's long air time practically a non-issue?

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, you can kind of cheat the air time by having your Dragoon Jump just before someone else starts casting a Ja, or an SB, etc. You can also turn the battle speed up to 5 during animations.

• Options
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, you can kind of cheat the air time by having your Dragoon Jump just before someone else starts casting a Ja, or an SB, etc. You can also turn the battle speed up to 5 during animations.

Well fuck honing Blood of the Wyvern past R2 (where it is now) ever then.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Well, the time you save will typically get eaten into by the instances where character order doesn't quite cooperate, that sort of thing. BotW makes the whole thing painless.

This discussion has been closed.