As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Camp Comic] Friday, June 3, 2016 - Hand It Over

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2016 in Camp Weedonwantcha

image[Camp Comic] Friday, June 3, 2016 - Hand It Over

Hand It Over

Hand It Over

http://campcomic.com/comic/323

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    narwhaonarwhao Registered User regular
    Brian seems devastated

• Options
    briguybriguy Registered User regular
    Someone needs to give those kids a cookie.
    Maybe some kind of elf could.

All of the expressions are so good. Again. They never fail to make me smile or laugh (or sad or cry).

I imagine the final panels in the super dramatic '24' style split screen complete with sound/music.

• Options
    PrivateJokerPrivateJoker Registered User regular
    I love his insistence that he knows cookie elves aren't real, and he was only looking for them to prove it.

• Options
    KrumlaKrumla Registered User new member
    Now watch as Brian will tell them who he tagged, through the medium of dance!

• Options
    kram1032kram1032 Registered User regular
    I wonder if he ran into Steve in the meantime. It's highly likely that Brian did and saved him from his self-inflicted misery or something.
    Or was it Steven? I'm not good at keeping names apart especially if they are so similar

• Options
    Steve=short one
    Steven=tall one

• Options
    kram1032 wrote: »
    I wonder if he ran into Steve in the meantime. It's highly likely that Brian did and saved him from his self-inflicted misery or something.
    Or was it Steven? I'm not good at keeping names apart especially if they are so similar

Brian rescues Steve after being tagged by Malachi thereby tagging Steve.
    Steve has no doubt tagged Steven who in turn has tagged someone else... comic continues to follow this game until we end up back where we started.
    Can It ever be purged? Are we stuck in an infinite loop?

My head hurts.

• Options
    DublinDublin Registered User regular
    Last time I checked, you can't prove something doesn't exist. But yeah, I totally get why Malachi does what he's doing. You know, for the greater glory and science and such.

• Options
    MikeLinPAMikeLinPA Registered User regular
    ...and if he's wrong, he still gets cookies. Win Win!

• Options
    ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    briguy wrote: »
    comic continues to follow this game until we end up back where we started.
    Can It ever be purged? Are we stuck in an infinite loop?

That's kind of how tag works. Unless It ends up with someone so bad at tag they have no hope of catching anyone else ever.

At least games like stick-in-the-mud and chain tag have a set point where they end...

Showsni on
  • Options
    Finnish_LineFinnish_Line Registered User regular
    I suppose Chain Tag is what we called Chase. It was basically one person is an infected zombie and every tag makes more zombies until the last person left untagged is the winner. Great game.

Always terrible being the first zombie though, especially if you weren't the most fleet of foot.

• Options
    HK_UrbanHK_Urban Registered User new member
    Our main variant was freeze tag. Whoever is "it" remains it for the duration. If they tag you, you are frozen in place. The only way to become unfrozen is for a non-it player to tag you back in. The game ended when everyone was frozen.

• Options
    metfanscmetfansc Registered User regular
    I love how Brian lifts Malachi with just one hand/paw...

• Options
    plato360plato360 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Oh man, can't wait to see how Brian reacts. Will he go beast mode like with the BB gun? Use his super speed like when Seventeen was crying? Be a Boss and go tag the Mountain Lion? Or will he just endure the burden of being IT so that nobody else has to be?

No one in the camp is safe

plato360 on
  • Options
    Peter RoganPeter Rogan Registered User regular
    Actually, I read Brian's expression more as "This is BS." But since he's typically nonvocal, he's not going to try to argue his way out of this. It's going to be physical, demonstrative -- and get his point across. That should make for an interesting Tuesday next.

• Options
    DJFlare84DJFlare84 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Ah, I can see it now...

"But wait! Brian was still holding you up with his hand! So, he tagged you back, sorta!"
    "Seventeen, c'mon! There's no takesies-backsies!"
    "Oh yeah."

@METFANSC t'be fair, he can't be all that heavy. Aside from his head, the rest of him is like... five twigs.

DJFlare84 on
  • Options
    JackJack Registered User regular
    Brian knew it would come to this, someday. He knew it would come to this.

• Options
    ShowsniShowsni Registered User regular
    I suppose Chain Tag is what we called Chase. It was basically one person is an infected zombie and every tag makes more zombies until the last person left untagged is the winner. Great game.

Kind of; but, in chain tag, when you tag someone they hold hands with you. So, you start with one person as it. They tag someone, then whoever they've tagged holds hands with them. Then the two people have to run together to tag someone else. They hold hands too, joining in the chain. So you end up with a whole chain of people who are it chasing after the individuals who aren't in the chain. Game ends when everyone is in the chain. Once the chain is long enough, you can employ strategies like working together to encircle people!
    Our main variant was freeze tag. Whoever is "it" remains it for the duration. If they tag you, you are frozen in place. The only way to become unfrozen is for a non-it player to tag you back in. The game ended when everyone was frozen.

Sounds a lot like stick-in-the-mud. You tag someone, and they freeze in place with arms and legs spread out. Anyone else can free them by crawling under their legs or arms. (Of course, whilst your slowly crawling under someone's legs is prime time to be tagged yourself...) I think we usually had a few people on the tagging team, at least two, so that the game would end when everyone was stuck in the mud.

• Options
    MartynMartyn Registered User regular
    As long as they're pulling rules out of thin air, why not just make the tree "it" and never go near it again?

• Options
    AdamRWAdamRW Registered User regular
    Martyn wrote: »
    As long as they're pulling rules out of thin air, why not just make the tree "it" and never go near it again?

Now you're just being silly.

• Options
    ZealousChristian24ZealousChristian24 Registered User regular
    I have to agree with @Peter Rogan, Brian's face does seem to be in a "Lord what fools these mortals be!" sort of expression.

• Options
    SargeSarge Registered User regular
    Ah, childhood logic. :)

• Options
    poipoigirlpoipoigirl Registered User regular
    Brian only looks annoyed

• Options
    DashDDashD Dread Pirate Chef Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    @Showsni The games you describe sound like blob tag and tunnel tag. Big hits on the playground.

My favorite was always British Bulldog. Generally *not* permitted as you had to physically lift people off the ground to tag them. Kids got dropped. Often.

"Brilliant! Oh wait, if we were meant to fly, we would have been born with little bags of nuts."
    PAX_Badge_Sig.png
  • Options
    Spyke66Spyke66 Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    I bet Brian is going to say "I tagged someone too", and all this ark will go on and on around all the camp until we find out that Steve who is stuck in the tree is the one and no one will pull him out.

Spyke66 on
  • Options
    RoyalPolishCavalryRoyalPolishCavalry Registered User regular
    Sometimes I mentally blot-out Brian mouth and envision his nose as his mouth. As such 90% of the time he's making an odd kissy face. Case in point.

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Spyke66 wrote: »
    I bet Brian is going to say "I tagged someone too", and all this ark will go on and on around all the camp until we find out that Steve who is stuck in the tree is the one and no one will pull him out.

S

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say