As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Hideocalypse

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited June 2016 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Hideocalypse

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• Options
    NemrexNemrex Registered User regular
    Honestly, the trailer showed nothing of what exactly you'll do in the game. It's a variable that's leaving everybody guessing of what's happening. Just like the center of a Black Hole (Best guess: Yeah, it's shark jacking).

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Kojima is reaching Peter Molyneaux levels in his recent commentary about this new game.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited June 2016
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Kojima is reaching Peter Molyneaux levels in his recent commentary about this new game.
    I dunno a Peter Molyneaux would talk about the AI learning of the shark your jacking, and talk about the multiplayer shark jackin and all the Sharks, but when it is released its 3 sharks and one of them is a hammerhead and the multiplayer was cut, AI is still good, but an overall disappointing experience jacking off sharks.

zepherin on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    The most a shark will allow you to jack it is 38 hours. 39 if you use my special tranquilizer recipe. Please visit my Etsy store at Etsy.com/sharkjackintranq.gov.net

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    I dunno a Peter Molyneaux would talk about the AI learning of the shark your jacking, and talk about the multiplayer shark jackin and all the Sharks, but when it is released its 3 sharks and one of them is a hammerhead and the multiplayer was cut, AI is still good, but an overall disappointing experience jacking off sharks.

"You can see the crabs, the whales, all things, they all have these umbilical cables. Norman, as he stands up. It’s a very important part, this connection. That’s the keyword. What people are playing today in open-world action games, or linear action games, it will compare naturally to them. It will feel familiar. But after an hour or two of playing, you will start to feel something different, something new that you haven’t played. The story is about connections, what you call “strands” in psychology—how people are connected."

That's some Peter Molyneaux right there.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Kojima has pretty much always gone on rambles about a bunch of stuff. He's a pretty weird guy like that.

Still makes pretty good games so it's probably a tad harsh to wheel out comparisons to Moly just yet.

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Some creators do better work with oversight in place. Exhibit A: Nomura. Fucking Nomura and his making everyone look like they are Gakt impersonators once the chains were off.

• Options
    TrygylTrygyl Registered User regular
    All I'm hoping for is that it's not cutscene heavy like MGS4. Other than that I'm in

• Options
    el_vicioel_vicio Registered User regular
    Would have thought the shark jacking would be more Tycho's thing. Huh.

ouxsemmi8rm9.png

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    The shark jacking market is already at saturation, though, so hopefully there's some kind of new twist to it. Maybe if they let you get really chummy with the shark first?

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    el_vicio wrote: »

don't be ridiculous - sharks are virtually neckless.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »

"You can see the crabs, the whales, all things, they all have these umbilical cables. Norman, as he stands up. It’s a very important part, this connection. That’s the keyword. What people are playing today in open-world action games, or linear action games, it will compare naturally to them. It will feel familiar. But after an hour or two of playing, you will start to feel something different, something new that you haven’t played. The story is about connections, what you call “strands” in psychology—how people are connected."

That's some Peter Molyneaux right there.

The difference is that Kojima talks about big ideas and emotional connections whereas Molyneux talks about actual features he thinks the game is going to have. They might both be blowing smoke, but Molyneux is the only one who's actively lying to us.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    you can plant a baby and watch it melt into oil in real time

• Options
    R0n1n_76R0n1n_76 Registered User regular
    Sharks have two claspers, would that mean mutliplayer confirmed?

• Options
    kzone272kzone272 Registered User new member
    Whoa, coloured bubbles.

• Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    R0n1n_76 wrote: »
    Sharks have two claspers, would that mean mutliplayer confirmed?

No, that's what the two Move controllers are for. Watch as friends prank each other with ketchup squeeze bottles.

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Stupid sexy sharks

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    SIXytSIXyt Esq STLRegistered User regular
    I'm more curious about, where is Tycho's helmet?

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    He scurries from tree to tree.

• Options
    SpaceBadgerSpaceBadger Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    KalTorak wrote: »
    el_vicio wrote: »

don't be ridiculous - sharks are virtually neckless.
    Correct me if I'm wrong...Aren't sharks almost ALL neck? They obviously have heads, and below our heads is where our necks are, yes?

but, there's not really any clear, visible, transition, on a shark, from what's obvious shark-neck, to what's NOT obvious shark-neck--I mean, they have giant, gaping, ever-hungry 'Muppet Beeker'-mouths lined with an automated organo-factory for continuously churning out scores of bitterly sharp spear-teeth; long, slender, pale necks that go all the way down...lined with gently but continuously throbbing, pale pink gills, don't forget those...with convenient fins stuck on, for rough or easy handling.

That's like over 98% neck-ro-philiac goodness. Stick dead eyes like a doll's eyes, and a bunch of bloody razors, on a giant neck, distill all it's desires into a relentless, dull unthinking lust to consume the world and all it's children, give it near-immortality, more muscle-mass--pound for pound--than any three tigers, and a supernatural ability to sniff out the weeping wounds of the dying and the damned; and you've, basically, got a shark.

zerzhul on