As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Podcast]s are still blood. Do you have enough of them in you to live?

Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMABaton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
I don't see another thread on here yet. So let's make another one!

What sort of podberries have you been harvesting? Have you been putting them in your ears like a good little spud? We're so proud of you.

• Options
    THESPOOKYTHESPOOKY papa! Registered User regular
    New Power Bombcast is up and pretty amazing so far

it features special guest
    Austin Walker

d4753b065e9d63cc25203f06160a1cd1.png
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    I was gonna link Jack's bandcamp page for fatt here as a reminder that you can get all of that music but idk how kosher it'd be to link it. It's his Twitter name on bandcamp, you can find it ez, and it's all really good music.

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    I was gonna link Jack's bandcamp page for fatt here as a reminder that you can get all of that music but idk how kosher it'd be to link it. It's his Twitter name on bandcamp, you can find it ez, and it's all really good music.

He and Griffin should do a collaboration album

• Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    I've been listening to Critical Role, as background audio.
    More a video stream, but it's a fun dnd game among voice actors.

VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    edited July 2016
    Oh man this fruity pebbles bit on the latest MbMbaM

GR_Zombie on
    04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    I'm one episode into COUNTER/Weight and I'm already going to say that it's amazing.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Zack, you should have realized that post was going to result in enough volunteers that you'll have to put out an "Oops, All Guests" episode.

I think it would be intensely funny if you had a ep with no original castmembers.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Zack, you should have realized that post was going to result in enough volunteers that you'll have to put out an "Oops, All Guests" episode.

I think it would be intensely funny if you had a ep with no original castmembers.

there's one going up tomorrow thanks to @Stilts

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    The latest Invisibilia is extremely very good and worth checking out (the majority of it, anyway*)

It deals with youth radicalization in Islam, and focuses on a town in Denmark that decided to combat it by being kind and supportive and forgiving of young men teetering on the brink of (and even completely falling into) radicalization. The whole piece is deeply humanizing of and empathetic with people who are kinda the Big Bad Bogeymen de jour, interviewing one of these young men without judgment and giving him a voice and sympathy. And the men in Denmark leading this initiative are jaw-droppingly inspiring in how... Straightforward they are when talking about what they do. They speak of their work as if it were as mundane and logical as bricklaying, which makes it feel all the more incredible, somehow. And the success of the program is a) awesome b) frustrating, in a way, because I have the hardest time imagining American communities ever attempting anything like it.

Highly, highly recommended listening.

*The last five or ten minutes are a quick story about online dating, which wasn't bad, per se, but isn't nearly as compelling as what came before.

• Options
    Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Have you guys heard about these things called cassette tapes?

They're like podcasts, but you can keep them in your pocket and play them without the internet.

Really handy!

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Options
    replacewythyreplacewythy Registered User regular
    That doesn't make any sense, doesn't everyone just immediately fall into a coma when they lose internet access?

• Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    That doesn't make any sense, doesn't everyone just immediately fall into a coma when they lose internet access?

I stop moving until my connection is restored.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    i once camped in a house we were moving out of so i wouldn't have to be without internet. and then spent two weeks without internet.

This is a true story.

• Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    god this is scary

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

there's one going up tomorrow thanks to @Stilts

I still cannot believe we did that.

• Options
    GR_ZombieGR_Zombie Krillin It Registered User regular
    The latest Invisibilia is extremely very good and worth checking out (the majority of it, anyway*)

It deals with youth radicalization in Islam, and focuses on a town in Denmark that decided to combat it by being kind and supportive and forgiving of young men teetering on the brink of (and even completely falling into) radicalization. The whole piece is deeply humanizing of and empathetic with people who are kinda the Big Bad Bogeymen de jour, interviewing one of these young men without judgment and giving him a voice and sympathy. And the men in Denmark leading this initiative are jaw-droppingly inspiring in how... Straightforward they are when talking about what they do. They speak of their work as if it were as mundane and logical as bricklaying, which makes it feel all the more incredible, somehow. And the success of the program is a) awesome b) frustrating, in a way, because I have the hardest time imagining American communities ever attempting anything like it.

*The last five or ten minutes are a quick story about online dating, which wasn't bad, per se, but isn't nearly as compelling as what came before.

Their first episode back about the oil workers learning how to express themselves emotionally was fantastic. The story about the worker and his son at the funeral brought a tear to my eye.

04xkcuvaav19.png
  • Options
    VeldrinVeldrin Sham bam bamina Registered User regular

This sounds like something I've been thinking a lot about recently and wanting to delve into a bit more.

Definitely gonna check it out.

• Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    GR_Zombie wrote: »

Their first episode back about the oil workers learning how to express themselves emotionally was fantastic. The story about the worker and his son at the funeral brought a tear to my eye.

Yeah, I liked that one a whole lot!

This season has been pretty dang excellent.

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Epic Rap Battles of History really sucked, right? I remember it was a huge thing for a minute there, but I never got why.

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    i found some of them amusing! they probably overstayed their welcome tho

uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    captaink wrote: »
    Epic Rap Battles of History really sucked, right? I remember it was a huge thing for a minute there, but I never got why.

some times it is kind of cute? but, that's about it.

• Options
    They're hit and miss. They've had some really great ones in the past.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    They're hit and miss. They've had some really great ones in the past.

they definitely miss more often than they hit, but some of those hits have been among the best youtube has to offer

martin luther king vs ghandi, isaac newton vs bill nye, and jack the ripper vs hannibal lecter are all fantastic

• Options
    Ugh, just realized we're probably going to get a Trump vs Hilary one where they have to make them both look equal.

• Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    I like the Rasputin Vs. Stalin one.

• Options
    Moriveth wrote: »
    I like the Rasputin Vs. Stalin one.

It's one of the best one's they've done.

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited July 2016

there's one going up tomorrow thanks to Stilts

So in a way, it is an episode with no original castmembers.

Just not, you know

About Power Rangers

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

Just not, you know

About Power Rangers

So a net improvement in all directions, then.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Just not, you know

About Power Rangers

So it kinda has nothing to do with Teens with Attitude. :wink:

• Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular

Just not, you know

About Power Rangers

More like Young Adults with Something to Prove

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Is it just me, or did the music when the Rangers are trying to teach bulk and skull sound really close to the drowning music from Sonic the Hedgehog?

• Options

Just not, you know

About Power Rangers

More like Young Adults with Something to Prove

I'm doing my part!

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I'm gonna have to watch this Final Deletion thing, aren't I?

• Options
    Also all this talk about taking over TWA, I would love if us Audio Entropy folks did a rotation for just one week where we all take over each others' shows.

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »
    Also all this talk about taking over TWA, I would love if us Audio Entropy folks did a rotation for just one week where we all take over each others' shows.

I was gonna suggest you do that for the next april fools.

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »

I was gonna suggest you do that for the next april fools.

Add to that the surprise twist on each of our shows.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    WHM's last episode before their summer break is next week

and they're capping off the season with a movie they all genuinely enjoy: con air

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    You know it's gonna be a good episode of Digimon when Joel has to say "it's got plot and animation!" at the start.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

So in this one they sing Limp Bizkits "nookie" as Bones, Kirk, and Spock

It's my everything

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
This discussion has been closed.