As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SMT/Persona: My Neighbor Morgana (P5 out 4/4, if you hold on life will change)

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    a sufficiently advanced Ai may have the capability to cause great harm, without the understanding of moral or ethical codes required to use that power responsibly.

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    Wait wait wait

What's wrong with Ai

I could not stand her. She was incredibly rude and obnoxious in the middle of a game filled with interesting, fun and funny characters. I only hung out with her when there was literally nothing else I could do.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Ai has one of the best arcs in that game

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Wait wait wait

What's wrong with Ai

Ai was one of the better Slinks from 4 but you'd never know it if you only did the first rank or two!

• Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I will say Ai does get slightly better, but overall her arc does nothing to me.

Props though for starting as horrible and ending up kinda ok, as opposed to P3's Moon who starts out kinda ok and ends up a psychopath.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    a sufficiently advanced Ai may have the capability to cause great harm, without the understanding of moral or ethical codes required to use that power responsibly.

Yeah yeah Johnathan Nolan I just finished your fuckin' show.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I will say Ai does get slightly better, but overall her arc does nothing to me.

Props though for starting as horrible and ending up kinda ok, as opposed to P3's Moon who starts out kinda ok and ends up a psychopath.

This makes me wonder which path you took on her arc

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    P3 Moon is the worst Slink in any game

Just no redeeming factors whatsoever

It's like having a friend that gets super into Amway and that's their life now and all their friends are Amway friends and anytime they want to hang out it's secretly for an Amway thing

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

It's like having a friend that gets super into Amway and that's their life now and all their friends are Amway friends and anytime they want to hang out it's secretly for an Amway thing

Is that the food king one? If I remember correctly that one isn't even the fun train wreck that the magic one is, with the student in love with the teacher.

For Persona 4, which one is the easier to mess up part? Is it
    the not throwing the guy you think is the murderer into the tv? I thought that was an obvious red flag? Or are you referring to the not doing what the game tells you at the end to unlock the final dungeon?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    you can choose not to throw him in but still fail the true end check

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    you can choose not to throw him in but still fail the true end check
    I did not know that. How does that work?

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    P4 has replay value kind of like how seeing a movie more than once is fun. You tend to notice neat little details you didn't pick up at first, especially foreshadowing. Plus some new things if you buy Persona 4 Golden.

On getting stuck with a bad ending if P5 is like P4 then no, if you get an ending you don't like you can just load from the last save and try something different. There's no situations where you can make a choice and are irrevocably screwed. Though if you do get an ending, don't save a new game+ over your last save of your previous ending, even if you think you got the best one.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    The main thing I picked up from multiple playthroughs of P4 is that Yukiko might not be terrible after all.

Yosuke only gets worse though. Leave Yosuke at the Citadel for the entire game and never do his loyalty mission.

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    nah

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Yosuke gets better though never really awesome which is fine because he's a teenager with lots of time ahead of him to figure out that's he's been acting like a douche

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Persona 5 is still showing up in my Amazon account as arriving tomorrow by 8 PM.

This cuts deep, Amazon

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    I'm one of those people who knows Yosuke's kind of a shit because he's just an insecure teenager.

And I always pick "hit him" when Yosuke asks you to punch him.

Mx. Quill on
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    Persona 5 is still showing up in my Amazon account as arriving tomorrow by 8 PM.

This cuts deep, Amazon

quick tell us your lottery numbers future thetheroo

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Thetheroo wrote: »

This cuts deep, Amazon

but what if

but

what

if

• Options
    (Yes even I know I'm being crazy)

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    Thanks to Horizon, the Switch/Zelda, and Mass Effect Andromeda for keeping me plenty distracted instead of constantly thinking about how bad I want this

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

I am so glad that P3P replaced it with the best Slink in the game.
    Cooking with Shinjiro... *swoon*

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    IDaVfuN.png
    :(

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Oh whoops this thread existed and I was just using the jurp thread while I played p4, sorry everyone!

• Options
    HAPPY PERSONA 5 DAY EVERYONE

*lies in bathtub and drowns in own tears*

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Amazon wrote:
    We have received new release date information related to your pre-ordered video game in the order you placed on June 07, 2016 (Order# [REDACTED]). The release date for the video game listed below has been changed by the publisher, and we want to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

"Persona 5 - PlayStation 4 "Take Your Heart" Premium Edition"
    Estimated arrival date: April 04, 2017

We'll make every effort to get the delayed items to you as soon as possible. Any other items in this order will be shipped according to the delivery dates listed on Your Orders:

Because we were unable to meet our guaranteed delivery date promise, we are refunding the shipping charges for your entire order. This refund should be processed within the next few days, and we will send you an e-mail to let you know when the refund has been completed.

At least they're refunding my shipping to take away the sting? I mean, it was free shipping, but still it's the thought that counts!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    I just cancelled my Amazon order and bought the PSN version

• Options
    rhylith wrote: »
    Oh whoops this thread existed and I was just using the jurp thread while I played p4, sorry everyone!

Ooh is it your first time? How are you liking it?

• Options

Oh I beat it and it was outstanding

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I hope you did the Hanged Man SLink.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options

Oh I beat it and it was outstanding

you get that true ending

• Options
    Have you preordered Persona 5 yet?

Because it's only a couple months away!

• Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I hope you did the Hanged Man SLink.

I played mostly blind with only limited looking at guides to keep me on track for the true ending, so no. It was hard enough to just get my team maxed on time.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Awww. He's one of the best links in the game! Cream puffs have never been so heartbreaking.
    Naoki wrote:
    ...You know, I like cream puffs. I know it's kinda girlish. There's a good cream puff shop by our house, so every once in a while I'll buy some and take them home. If I put them in the fridge, Sis would eat 'em. She'd make up some lame excuse like, "I ate them for you since they were about to expire." So we'd always get into fights over the cream puffs. But now... the cream puffs don't disappear. I bought some, and they expired in the fridge. When I saw that, I thought, "Oh, maybe...Maybe Sis isn't here anymore," y'know. So I threw them away. I told you before, "If you ask me if I hate the killer, the answer is no." The truth is, it's not even a no... I don't know anything. I have a meaningless daily life... Just confused parents and a dark house. Just rotting cream puffs...

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    I don't even remember that character

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    So I find myself in an odd scenario where I'm moving into a new apartment on Persona's launch day.

Does the PS4 need to connect to the internet to validate a digital preorder launched?

• Options
    Have you preordered Persona 5 yet?

Because it's only a couple months away!

I'll definitely buy it when it comes out, got a Best Buy, a target, a microcenter, and like 2-3 gamestops within a couple miles of my apartment. I don't like preordering though, and haven't had trouble finding a game since...bioshock I think? If all else fails I'll buy it digital.

• Options
    So I find myself in an odd scenario where I'm moving into a new apartment on Persona's launch day.

Does the PS4 need to connect to the internet to validate a digital preorder launched?

I think it needs a connection to unlock the pre-order, yeah

pre-load it and then pair it with your phone on the day?

• Options
    YaYa wrote: »

I think it needs a connection to unlock the pre-order, yeah

pre-load it and then pair it with your phone on the day?

Yeah I figured it must need to do so, since otherwise you could just fiddle with the clock manually.

I can also try and get my internet turned on on the same day, don't have much stuff to move in the first place and it's still 7 weeks notice for getting an appointment for the middle of a weekday.

This discussion has been closed.