As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

SMT/Persona: My Neighbor Morgana (P5 out 4/4, if you hold on life will change)

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Hmm GameFAQs still doesn't have a 100% Cooperation guide... gonna have to start off the leash... scary.

Ruh-roh.

And there seems to be no print guide listed anywhere?

Is one not being released?

This is... sad for me. I hate getting up to go check stuff on my computer in the other room.

I bought a Kindle Fire during Black Friday for $30 and it has been invaluable for things like this, prior to achieving my second monitor setup.

Aye that would make things a bit better. Trying to go through a place like gamefaqs on a phone screen is pure torture. Even if they had every drop of info a guide had on day one(which they don't) I'd still pay for a book just to avoid it.

I guess at least with this there are a lot of complete japanes wikis I can just browser translate but that still means going to the other room. Bllaaaarrrgghhh.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    fRAWRst wrote: »
    Hmm GameFAQs still doesn't have a 100% Cooperation guide... gonna have to start off the leash... scary.

odd, i could've sworn i saw one way earlier (like late january)

unless its been taken down....?

EDIT: this seems pretty close to 100%

https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps4/835628-persona-5/faqs/74143

Oh! It's just not tagged as a specifically 100% Cooperation guide. Alright then!

sig.gif
  • Options

Ruh-roh.

This is... sad for me. I hate getting up to go check stuff on my computer in the other room.

I bought a Kindle Fire during Black Friday for $30 and it has been invaluable for things like this, prior to achieving my second monitor setup.

Aye that would make things a bit better. Trying to go through a place like gamefaqs on a phone screen is pure torture. Even if they had every drop of info a guide had on day one(which they don't) I'd still pay for a book just to avoid it.

I guess at least with this there are a lot of complete japanes wikis I can just browser translate but that still means going to the other room. Bllaaaarrrgghhh.

The guide that just got linked is in HTML at least, so it's way easier to jump around to where you wanna go.

GameFAQs' search function is busted so scrolling through a long text guide is a nightmare on a phone.

sig.gif
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Ruh-roh.

The guide that just got linked is in HTML at least, so it's way easier to jump around to where you wanna go.

GameFAQs' search function is busted so scrolling through a long text guide is a nightmare on a phone.

I shall have to bookmark that for now then. Because yea... searching those guides normally is just... ugh.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Missable stuff really gets my goat, because I don't know if I really want to play this game several times through to "get it right".

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    i played though OG persona 4

like 7 times

just boot up the GB ER

and let it rip

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Missable stuff really gets my goat, because I don't know if I really want to play this game several times through to "get it right".

Honestly I'd prefer there be so many social link options that you couldn't do it all in one game.

If you're following a rigid schedule of the game to do everything day by day by day why play the game at all? The game has already been played for you.

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    rhylith wrote: »

Honestly I'd prefer there be so many social link options that you couldn't do it all in one game.

If you're following a rigid schedule of the game to do everything day by day by day why play the game at all? The game has already been played for you.

Actually experiencing that and putting in the time to do so is still an enormous sense of accomplishment

That's how I played through 3 and 4 and loved it

I don't replay games, so I'm never going to see that content if I don't do it the first time

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    edited March 2017

I don't mind making choices. I don't need to do all social links and usually don't. I just don't want to fuck up the choices I do make because I'm only gonna play once and it would kinda suck to not experience the content I wanted I just mean like if I wait to long to start one of my social links that I liked and hit some barrier where I could no longer get it done with out knowing. That sort of stuff. Plus the gameplay is combat for me. The rest of it is just fun social stuff to see character interactions. It's flavor, I'm not really playing much of anything anyway. Just experiencing it.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular

I feel like you might as well just watch a Let's Play at this point

• Options
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

brother

i like

numbers

all the numbers

in a row

all the way to the max

gimme all dem numbers

also max

max them numbers

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options

Playing a game and following a guide and watching someone else play are significantly different experiences, at least for me

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options

See above. That not even the gameplay for some people. Is that really that hard to imagine? A let's play would be making different decisions than you make for the decision making parts. And you wouldn't be actually playing the game. This doesn't really make sense at all. I know some people have a really hard time understanding when someone else enjoys stuff a different way then them but come on..

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I have started to make peace with the fact that trying to do everything in a game is a sure-fire way to make me stop having fun when it turns into checking off an arbitrary list. I'll use a guide sometimes when I get stuck but otherwise it's flying free.

• Options
    Also, following a day by day guide presents its own kind of challenge

because you keep having to remember to be this level or that level and have those Personas by this date

and you need to keep an eye on your money so you can pull out the Personas you need for social links (especially early on)

and also it forces you to beat the dungeons in a single day which is its own special little challenge and the guide doesn't help you much for that

It's comparable to doing a Nuzlocke or something.

sig.gif
  • Options
    The P3 guide was kind of maddening because the Compendium didn't open up until after the second full moon.

So you had to go in and get an Angel and keep that Angel

Angel is really rare on the first levels of Tartarus, AND you get tired super fast early on.

Also just to beat the exams to become friends with Mitsuru early enough, you had to save scum your studying. You HAD to. You could study every single night you weren't sick and if you didn't get your rolls right (both with the extra studying bonus and the toilet curing) you were screwed

but you also had to get sick every once in a while for the Courage boost from the medicine

I started P3 over a couple times because of this.

sig.gif
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Apparently Persona 5 is pretty easy to max out in one go. Like, people have gotten close without really trying.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Apparently Persona 5 is pretty easy to max out in one go. Like, people have gotten close without really trying.

Honestly this is great to hear, I would much rather it be a lot more simple and streamlined

I really didn't like having to have the right persona just to hang with people

• Options
    edited March 2017

Honestly this is great to hear, I would much rather it be a lot more simple and streamlined

I really didn't like having to have the right persona just to hang with people

Yea. I'm going to attempt to see how much of the game I can get through just jumping from one DLC Persona to the next. So this appeals to me even more and should help me attain this goal..

Also good if this means I can just check a guide to get a rough general idea of what I need to look out for then play without checking back frequently. Appease the sloth in me.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    I'm probably going to pick my party by way of, in order:

- How cool their Persona is
    - How much I like them as a character
    - How amusing their combat banter is
    - How much I like how they look
    - Combat effectiveness

• Options

i can confirm this

with some basic planning you'll max out maybe 90%, and with some real planning you can 100% first play though

J3qcnBP.png
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    I think I may leave most of my party members at rank 9 for a while. Not a big fan of most of the upgraded personas.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    my party selection criteria is going to be, in order of priority

-do I have Makoto yet?
    -ROLL IN THE DPS

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    my party will be

hottest guy
    next hottest guy
    whichever lady is funniest
    KITTY

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    I don't know yet whom I'll like but 11 days

I'm starting to fiend real bad over here.

sig.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Mine is a combination of Magic Pink's and Madican's method.

How pretty of a boy or girl they are/How much I like them
    How cool their persona is

And that's it.

Which means my team is team pretty boys and Anne for P5

MC, Yusuke, Ryuji, Anne

Any game with a dog gets insta placed into my team (like Koromaru) but that does not apply to cats. Sorry not sorry Morgana.

DemonStacey on
  • Options
    i almost awesomed you Stacey

but kitty hatred? that don't fly with me

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

It's not hatred! More of an indifference. I feel towards cats the way they feel towards everything else.

• Options
    Cats being unaffectionate or unfeeling is a total myth.

sig.gif
  • Options

It's not hatred! More of an indifference. I feel towards cats the way they feel towards everything else.

YOU'RE DEAD TO ME

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    I like kittehs

I like doges more though

And bunnehs are my favorite

• Options

They are naturally more inclined to be a certain way. There's enough studies on the differences between cats and dogs and such that show it's not a myth. Obviously not every cat is the same like not every dog is the same. But "my cat loves to cuddle" is not a defense against the average cat being less close than the average dog.

• Options
    edited March 2017

They are naturally more inclined to be a certain way. There's enough studies on the differences between cats and dogs and such that show it's not a myth. Obviously not every cat is the same like not every dog is the same. But "my cat loves to cuddle" is not a defense against the average cat being less close than the average dog.

The average dog is cloying and neurotic

edit: that sounds mean! but dogs need to be around you and need lots of attention. half the dogs i know are on some type of medication or have permanent caretakers because they freak out and burt themselves or destroy stuff if left alone

Magic Pink on
  • Options
    Their love is real and true, they just don't express it in a buddy-let's-play way the way dogs do.

Like a cat will absolutely go into a depression if you ignore it too much and let you know how much they've missed you.

sig.gif
  • Options

"not as close as a dog" is not the same as "indifferent towards everything"

• Options

edit: that sounds mean! but dogs need to be around you and need lots of attention. half the dogs i know are on some type of medication or have permanent caretakers because they freak out and burt themselves or destroy stuff if left alone

Yes and that's what I love about them!

Man I wasn't having some super cereal dogs v cats argument. I've had many of each throughout my life and have plenty of friends with each. Cats on average have a specific sort of personality. One that is much more indifferent/ interested in you when they want to be. That's cool! Many people like cats specifically BECAUSE of that and prefer cats BECAUSE of that. I just don't! That's all! I get why some people prefer cats to dogs, if they didn't have a notable personality difference people wouldn't have such an inclination towards them.

It's like training cats v training dogs is hugely different. You can;t argue that being true. And that is due to them being very different animals. Nothing wrong with that, it's just how it is.

• Options

Man I wasn't having some super cereal dogs v cats argument.

too late

we battle at midnight

• Options

Man I wasn't having some super cereal dogs v cats argument. I've had many of each throughout my life and have plenty of friends with each. Cats on average have a specific sort of personality. One that is much more indifferent/ interested in you when they want to be. That's cool! Many people like cats specifically BECAUSE of that and prefer cats BECAUSE of that. I just don't! That's all! I get why some people prefer cats to dogs, if they didn't have a notable personality difference people wouldn't have such an inclination towards them.

It's like training cats v training dogs is hugely different. You can;t argue that being true. And that is due to them being very different animals. Nothing wrong with that, it's just how it is.

Fair, sorry

For whatever reason there are a lot of people who are extremely aggressive about cats being unfeeling monsters and I got overly defensive, sorry

• Options

Fair, sorry

For whatever reason there are a lot of people who are extremely aggressive about cats being unfeeling monsters and I got overly defensive, sorry

Nah it's cool.

I know it's one of those internet things where you either love cats or hate them so it's understandable to think I was doing that thing.

I've got nothing against cats. Just not the pet for me. I'm a pupper dude but that doesn't make me a kitty hater!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Real talk: I don't have a cat because they make my skin itch and I can't breathe

I love em though

This discussion has been closed.