As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to remove stickers from recurve bow?

DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
I recently got a recurve bow as a birthday present. It's a PSE Blackhawk. It's very nice, I like it a lot.

How do I get the store's stickers off without damaging the fiberglass and wood laminate?

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Windex on a paper towel should work, with a bit of patience.

• Options
    BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    2 things I always use to remove stickers:

1. Hair dryer, heat em up so the stickers will loosen. You can then pull of the stickers.

2. For leftover adhesive residue, I put a tiny bit of WD40 on an old towel and rub.

Take your time with both.

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

• Options
    I will give Windex a try first.

I'm anxious to apply heat to fiberglass.

• Options
    BasarBasar IstanbulRegistered User regular
    I will give Windex a try first.

I'm anxious to apply heat to fiberglass.

Try Windex and if it doesn't help, give hair dryer a go. You can blow it in the lowest setting and you don't have to keep it very close to the stickers. We used hair dryers to remove stickers from boat components all the time, never had a problem. Good luck.

i live in a country with a batshit crazy president and no, english is not my first language

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    gasoline is a good solvent, it should strip the residue from stickers for the most part if both of those fail

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I use Goo Gone, should be ok on the wood is you don't go crazy with it.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    I bugged a friend of mine who works on cars and occasionally has to deal with some FAST AND FURIOUS!!!1! stickers all over shit and sometimes has to remove stickers from plastic/fiberglass bumpers or panels.

He said 2-3 minutes with a hair dryer on the lowest setting will warm the sticker up but won't damage fiberglass or laminate, then you can go at it gently with a cake spatula (the soft rubber/plastic kind) to peel the sticker up, then a little bit of gasoline (or in your case rubbing alcohol) to remove the remaining residue followed by a quick rinse with water so the solvent doesn't impact the finish and you should be set.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice.

• Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    seconding Goo Gone and Gasoline. Have used both on separate occasions and both worked wonders

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508