As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Engine Problems

ronmcdonnronmcdonn Registered User new member
I have a 2012 Mazda3 and when I start letting off the clutch and giving it gas, it has no acceleration and just revs.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Sounds like a transmission box issue.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Sounds like the clutch. Do you ever get any forwards motion? Are there any strange noises, smells, or vibrations/shuddering?

• Options
    mRahmanimRahmani DetroitRegistered User regular
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    mRahmani wrote: »
    What happens if you try shifting into gear without the clutch?
    The car jumps and stalls. At least it should :)

Unfortunately the previous chatters are likely correct either the clutch isn't engaging or the transmission is borked. The only slight bright side is that manual transmissions are cheaper to have repaired than automatic transmissions. If the OP happens to be in Maryland near DC I know a fantastic shop that specializes in transmissions that will give the OP a fair price.

zepherin on