As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Trails/Kiseki] - Trails through Daybreak, July 5, PS4/5, Switch and PC

• Options
    QuiotuQuiotu Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    They've bumped accuracy down to the point where it feels like Trails FC/SC. I had to put Hit quartz on everyone to stop missing so often.

Yeah, I'll admit that was pissing me off today. Not even a boss, just a difficult enemy.

*miss/counter* *miss/counter* *miss/counter* STAHHP!!!

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    They also seem to have boosted Arts, so you don't just focus on melee and smack everything down like you can in Cold Steel 1.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Quiotu wrote: »
    I can say after play CS2 for a while, that the difficulty is definitely harder right out the gate. Now this might change later, but right now the lack of party members or quartz is making the fights rather tedious. In a good way, but I can see this game being one where you REALLY don't want to play the higher difficulties until NG+.
    CS2 is balanced way better than CS1, which felt pretty rushed. CS2 is a little closer to SC, though still not quite up to that difficulty. Overdrive feels like it completes the combat system in the same way that team attacks did for SC, and the numbers on everything generally just feel tighter. Like, I actually find myself strategizing as opposed to just having Rean spam Autumn Leaf Cutter or Arc Slash every single turn.

The trial chests are also great little side challenges.

Monger on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    They also seem to have boosted Arts, so you don't just focus on melee and smack everything down like you can in Cold Steel 1.

They definitely gave ATS a much needed boost, with the more dedicated caster types (Emma, Elliot, Alisa, and Jusis) having ATS equivalent to the physical character's attack scores.

I've seen Emma and Jusis drop 15-20,000 on all enemies at once.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Man, you're way ahead of me!

• Options
    MechanicalMechanical Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Got two chapters in before I realized you can smash crates and the like for consumables. Doh.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    Man, you're way ahead of me!

The perks of insomnia!

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Trails in the Sky FC Chapter 4 stuff:
    Man, is Lorence (that is a silly name for a villian) winnable? I feel like it could be but damn.

Also, guys. The whole party is finally together! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Pose as a team cause shit just got real!

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    Zerozaki IshikiZerozaki Ishiki Registered User regular
    Man, is Lorence (that is a silly name for a villian) winnable? I feel like it could be but damn.

Yep.
    There's even an achievement for it in the Steam version. I followed a guide and was will prepped and it was still a really long war of attrition before everything finally lined up and he didn't heal himself long enough for me to get his HP within S-Craft range.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

Yep.
    There's even an achievement for it in the Steam version. I followed a guide and was will prepped and it was still a really long war of attrition before everything finally lined up and he didn't heal himself long enough for me to get his HP within S-Craft range.

I thought it was incredibly fun to do so.
    But yeah, it requires a lot of prep, and complete immunity to the two status effects he uses.

Abuse the fuck out of the Earth Wall Immunity spell, keep buffs and debuffs up, and save your supers for when it's burst-to-death time. You will very likely be using a chunk of consumables as well.

Clock Up EX + Action 3 helps a ton.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I can say after play CS2 for a while, that the difficulty is definitely harder right out the gate. Now this might change later, but right now the lack of party members or quartz is making the fights rather tedious. In a good way, but I can see this game being one where you REALLY don't want to play the higher difficulties until NG+.

From what I've seen/heard so far once you get just a tiny bit further it becomes much, much easier.

• Options

From what I've seen/heard so far once you get just a tiny bit further it becomes much, much easier.

Yeah it's been pretty easy so far. Really the hardest fight I've had in the game was an optional quest monster.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    edited September 2016
    Beat FC
    what

WHAT

WHAT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

so good

PrjctD_Captain on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Beat FC
    what

WHAT

WHAT

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

so good

Strap yourself in, the ride's just getting underway.

• Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    The end of FC is the best. I love everything about it:
    -Richard's actually a good dude.
    -Lameoid Jerkwad Dad swoops in with his boss swagger like there isn't even anything weird going on.
    -Dumbshit professor is actually the biggest possible bad.
    -Joshua wrecks that girl's heart.
    -He really gets in there with that knife and just wiggles it around a bit.
    -Pass out. Credits.

It's so mean. It's the best.

• Options
    Oh hey, SC just finished downloading, imma start play-
    Hears the harmonica

y u do dis

• Options
    Kinda nice that the second team starts off with some pre-upgraded gear. Feels like resources are a bit scarce sometimes, but not enough that it's too problematic.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Oh hey, SC just finished downloading, imma start play-
    Hears the harmonica

y u do dis

SC is SO GOOD.

Be prepared for both awesome and feels. The plot's gonna kick into high gear now.

• Options
    First few chapters of SC are a little vanilla if you ask me, but when things pick up, wowowow.

• Options
    SC also introduces Kevin who is, objectively, the best.

• Options
    Kevin is indeed the best. He also has a really nice S-Craft.

• Options
    Whoa now, let's not be throwing around words like "best" for people that aren't Olivier.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Blackjack wrote: »

They definitely gave ATS a much needed boost, with the more dedicated caster types (Emma, Elliot, Alisa, and Jusis) having ATS equivalent to the physical character's attack scores.

I've seen Emma and Jusis drop 15-20,000 on all enemies at once.

So, uh...add a zero to this. Arts are King and Emma is a goddess.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    Huh. SC isn't playing around in the difficulty department is it. Gunna have to rethink some stuff to beat this guy.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    So I'm noticing they're throwing around U-material around in CS2 like candy. Which is great, because there wasn't nearly enough in the first game, and no good way to grind for it until end game. There are way fewer places to buy weapons and armor, so customizing them seems to be key. There's also accessories you can actually buy rather than just make with U-materials. I noticed there was an accessory you can buy early that removes glasses on a character. That's a neat addition.

Also, I'm noticing that they seem to want you to make a lot more quartz early on. There's not nearly enough quartz you pick up to work with every character, so you really do need to spend a lot of sepith on quartz and slot upgrades... at least at first.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    So I'm noticing they're throwing around U-material around in CS2 like candy. Which is great, because there wasn't nearly enough in the first game, and no good way to grind for it until end game. There are way fewer places to buy weapons and armor, so customizing them seems to be key. There's also accessories you can actually buy rather than just make with U-materials. I noticed there was an accessory you can buy early that removes glasses on a character. That's a neat addition.

I haven't really had much need for using it so far in the first. Granted I'm playing on normal and fairly early into chapter 3, but outside the odd modification or upgrading quartz I've usually got a pretty good stock of the stuff. That change much later?

EDIT: Yes, yes it does. Guess I just wasn't far enough. Also I for some reason read that as CS1.

Mechanical on
  • Options
    It takes around 30 or so U-Material in total to make one of the really good accessories like Evergreen, so there's a bit of a sink there.

• Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    And you want at least 2 evergreens, because you put them on Fie as part of getting her 100% evade.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    AspectVoid wrote: »
    And you want at least 2 evergreens, because you put them on Fie as part of getting her 100% evade.

I mean... breaking the game is fun, but that's not my sole reason for playing this game. It's not even in the top 5.

wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular

I mean... breaking the game is fun, but that's not my sole reason for playing this game. It's not even in the top 5.

Its not my reason for playing at all, but they changed Evade removing it off of most Quartz and instead gave Fie a base 30% Evade. One Evergreen and an Evade 1 later (both gotten early in act 1) and a piece of armor with 10% Evade in late Act 1, and she was already sitting at 60% Evade without me really trying. At that point I figured what the hell and moved my second Evergreen off of Rean and on to her, since without Quartz, you can't really stack meaningful evade on Rean. At that point I figured what the hell, I might as well try to get her to 100%. I succeeded in Mid-Act 2.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options

Is it supposed to be?

• Options
    Oh my god, funny moment in CS2:
    When Millium jumps into Rean's arms, Rean's VA nails the delivery of "WHOA! Hold up!"

• Options
    edited September 2016
    CS2 Ch. 1 Spoilers...
    Jesus, Xeno and Leonidas just wasted my whole party. I had to look up info on the fight. So it's unwinnable, you need to get them down to below 50%, and then they throw S-Crafts at you. Well... that's bullshit, because these guys threw S-Crafts at me without even being at 70%. Somehow I survived that and managed to use Overdrive to keep a few alive, before Xeno immediately insta-killed them both with his murdersnipe skill and gave me a Game Over. A Game Over in an unwinnable fight, because I didn't lose hard enough. And I'm on Normal.

Now granted, I never went into the Terra Shrine because, well... it wasn't my destination, and I figured it wouldn't let me head there. Turns out I apparently can, and there's a lot of missable shit in there, though there's no motivation the game gives me so far to try other than 'it's there'. I'm used to this game giving me plot and reasons to visit areas, it seems to be pretty good at that, so for this game to put an arbitrary dungeon in the middle of my main dungeon with no purpose other than a distraction seems really lazy. Maybe a reason presents itself later, but for now I'm... unimpressed.

So I'm playing Mankind Divided for the better part of this week instead. That turned me off this game for a while.

And no, I don't want tactics or advice. I know there's a lot of people that like this series, and I'm really starting to get into it. But fuck this series for taking a few opportunities to TPK me in an unwinnable fight bad enough to tell me to try harder. That's shit design, and ain't no one going to convince me otherwise.

Quiotu on
    wbee62u815wj.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    I'm on vacation this week, going to Cape Cod til Friday. I'm bringing my Vita with me, so should I grab FC or ToCS? They're both the same price.

• Options
    As someone who just beat FC and is starting SC, get FC. So good. Estelle is the best.

• Options
    I think Cold Steel 1 is on sale, so it may not be $20 for long.

• Options
    For my money, Cold Steel was better than Sky FC in every appreciable aspect.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    I either need to sit my ass down and beat FC, or just read up on what the ending is. Because as much as I enjoyed the game, as far as 90% of the story goes, the only thing I remember about the story is that I don't remember the story, it was that... generic. As in I don't remember it doing anything noteworthy. It was just vanilla all the way through.

And I'm worried that maybe this ending has been overhyped in my head now. Because the way people rave about it, I'm expecting something on the level of: Suddenly aliens invade from the stars and start wiping out humanity. But luckily, the party discovers a hidden temple marked with an insignia of faded stripes and stars, called the "Nited Stat of A Cia" full of giant bipedal metal armor. And SC starts 5 years later in the middle of the Extinction Wars.

...I'm sure it's an amazing ending. I'm just racking my brain trying to figure out what and where they can go with it that turns the game from a B- into an A++

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    I'm pretty alone on this, but I actually thought the ending to FC (and CS1 for that matter) was really dumb. Took the game from a B- to a C.

camo_sig2.png

• Options
    I think Cold Steel 1 is on sale, so it may not be $20 for long.

Ends Tuesday morning, along with the DLC costumes.