As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MOTW 8-17-16: I hate bats on the moon-

TexiKenTexiKen Dammit!That fish really got me!Registered User regular
Superman #5, Old school Superman outsmarts new school Batman, and Lois watched Pacific Rim:

superman05a_zpstm0iujhn.jpg

superman05b_zpsa5iph6i2.jpg

superman05c_zpsahnbnlql.jpg

superman05d_zpsx3xxr3fu.jpg

Batman #5, the first page here might be the best page of the year for comics, and Batman likes blowing up his toys:
batman05a_zpsv65j2y79.jpg

batman05b_zpslns3iqy8.jpg

batman05c_zpszidx0ezx.jpg

batman05d_zpsgoucbjjd.jpg

batman05e_zpsybawl2es.jpg

Gotham and Gotham Girl's powers are revealed, it seems they can call upon power in exchange for their life. So they can be as strong as Superman for a few weeks (or a god for a few hours), as fast as Usain Bolt for a few years, or live decades in a normal life. Sort of like Spawn, actually. It's a switch they control, so they always use just enough power to get the job done at the moment.

Nightwing #03, how could you stand up Babs like that?

nightwing03a_zpsnxyul9eb.jpg

nightwing03b_zpsifr9obh2.jpg

nightwing03c_zpsdkj8pskx.jpg

nightwing03d_zpsjy0apn12.jpg

Suicide Squad #1, the movie cast, now in pog comic form. With vomit.

suicidesquad01a_zps3fyj5tdp.jpg

suicidesquad01b_zpsybmjwzje.jpg

suicidesquad01c_zpsccrpuisa.jpg

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Of course Batman has a moonbase.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Of course Batman has a moonbase.

Well, he can breath in space.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    That first panel with Batman in it, for a good three seconds I really believed the artist had flubbed drawing Batman or had a really weird/interesting take on the guy.

Comics.

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    That first panel with Batman in it, for a good three seconds I really believed the artist had flubbed drawing Batman or had a really weird/interesting take on the guy.

Comics.

I basically don't notice the art in comic books, so I was real confused for a bit there.

(I mean I see the art, and infer the gist of what it wants me to know about the scene and action and stuff, but my brain saw Batsuit and filled in that it was Batman).

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    My MotW - this came back from the framing store today! Its the closest I've come to tracking down a page of art from my very first comic (this is from FF #242, my first comic was FF #243 - same three part "Everyone vs Galactus" story, at least):

5v8ea.jpg

tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    M-TeeM-Tee Registered User regular
    I decided to Google and see what my first "memorable" comic was, and I recalled that it was an issue of Spider-Man with a yellow sky/background and Tarantula jumpkicking in from the left (resultingly, Tarantula has always been my favorite Spidey villain).

Apparently that's not as unique of a descriptor as I could have hoped for:

There are these three nearly identical ones:
    250px-ASM134Cover.jpg
    ppssm001.jpg
    The-Amazing-Spider-Man-147-Tarantula-1975-in-VF.jpg

These two which technically match the description:
    latest?cb=20060331230821
    latest?cb=20080612161442

...and even this pop-up book:
    attack_tarantula.jpg

For the record, it was one of the first three, but I'd need to reread them to see which one seems familiar.

• Options
    Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular
    I mean, it's good to have a memorable entrance routine, but god damn.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I mean, it's good to have a memorable entrance routine, but god damn.

maybe he isn't ambi-kicky

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Ya I'm pretty sure I have a few of those issues, but now I also realize I'm not quite sure which ones I have besides the one with Cap.

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508