As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] BY FIRE BE PURGED

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Hello what is goin on

OH I SEE

So much, SIG, SO MUCH!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    that Nazeebo skin is a crime against Christmas and should be abolished my god

• Options
    So It Goes wrote: »
    that Nazeebo skin is a crime against Christmas and should be abolished my god

I can't hear you, too busy BURNING INSECTS

Steam profile
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    @So It Goes they did showcase a really classy Christmas Lunara skin as well. So you can celebrate the season appropriately with her.

• Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    HYPE HAS REACHED CRITICAL MASS

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Hero league: Solo-queue only
    2,3,5's: Team League.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    PMAvers wrote: »
    Hero league: Solo-queue only
    2,3,5's: Team League.

Wait what.

Iiiiiinteresting. That means pubbie teammates can steal things from you.

Steam profile
  • Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    Kendric is streaming ragnaros from blizzcon! Oh god he's awesome.

http://www.twitch.tv/kendricswissh?sr=a

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    I probably should say they're looking at that for a future season, not totally confirmed yet but they want to try it.

persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    rag should do double damage to all characters wearing winterveil skins

and mei

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Looks like they're considering having the match-maker consider your hero level with a character for match-making for QM.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    MMMig wrote: »
    Kendric is streaming ragnaros from blizzcon! Oh god he's awesome.

http://www. twitch.tv/kendricswissh?sr=a

Wow, Ragnaros' trait seems really nice to counter things that disable your forts (Sylvanas or the Curse).

Steam profile
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    *whispers*

y'alls wanna see Rag's Lava Wave ult in action

https://clips.twitch.tv/chu8/AlertLlama4Head

get fuckin HYPE

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Haunted Mines is coming back! Supposedly by the end of the year.

The golems spawn in alternating lanes (like Braxius), and not where they died anymore.
    Mercs updated.
    Mines got a rework layout. 4 entrances instead of 2. The boss will be in the middle of the map.

Progression updates:
    Levels uncapped
    Account level: Sum of all your hero levels.
    Less grindy of hero levels
    More frequent rewards

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    übergeekübergeek Sector 2814Registered User regular
    ~Looks at Nexus Challenge~ Aqua Teen Hunger Force! ASSEMBLE!.......wait, wrong one. Heroes of The Wang! ASSEMBLE!

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    My favorite part of Kael is just being a "blow things up fire mage." I don't know or care at all for the character himself.

So basically, Ragnaros is that * 1000

<3

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    "Things We Shouldn't Be Talking About Right Now, Since We Don't Know When They'll Be In:"
    Hero swaps in draft.
    Battleground Rotation, more of a permanent rotation thing especially for ranked. They want to change them more like every month.
    Integrated Blizzard voice chat into the client.
    Party Finder, wants to make it more intelligent.
    Clans

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    "Things We Shouldn't Be Talking About Right Now, Since We Don't Know When They'll Be In:"
    Hero swaps in draft.
    Battleground Rotation, more of a permanent rotation thing especially for ranked. They want to change them more like every month.
    Integrated Blizzard voice chat into the client.
    Party Finder, wants to make it more intelligent.
    Clans

These are all awesome so far.

What does the first mean, though?

Edit: Ohhh, like, I'm firstpick and I pick a hero, but after the draft is complete I could swap with you if we want?

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Yes, that's the idea. So, say, you could pick something for another player so you might not get counter-picked.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Yes, that's the idea. So, say, you could pick something for another player so you might not get counter-picked.

So, like Team League picking, but "optional"

This has been a day of really good game info imo. hi5 Blizz

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the Personalized Stats thing, the next level of the MVP stuff.

Where it's looking at metrics of what you've been doing on maps, and what community players of around your own MMR skill of a character, and give you tips and commendations on where you're doing well, and what you could do to improve.

Like, it may look at how many assists you got on the round, and compare it to how other people on that character are doing, and hey they're only averaging 11 per game, and you destroyed them by getting 22, good job!

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
  • Options
    Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention the Personalized Stats thing, the next level of the MVP stuff.

Where it's looking at metrics of what you've been doing on maps, and what community players of around your own MMR skill of a character, and give you tips and commendations on where you're doing well, and what you could do to improve.

Like, it may look at how many assists you got on the round, and compare it to how other people on that character are doing, and hey they're only averaging 11 per game, and you destroyed them by getting 22, good job!

I'm envisioning "tips" like Overwatch.... "Try to avoid standing still so Widowmaker won't headshot you. Idiot"

Steam profile
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    edited November 2016
    kime wrote: »

I'm envisioning "tips" like Overwatch.... "Try to avoid standing still so Widowmaker won't headshot you. Idiot"

The best counter to Reaper's Death Blossom is to stun him or kill him.

The Escape Goat on
    9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    WingedWeaselWingedWeasel Registered User regular
  • Options
    If it's anything like what they were in sc2, might not amount to much.

Hopefully it's something better.

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options

i forgot they even existed in SC2. there wasn't much to them in warcraft 3 either

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Astral Authority drafts Medivh + Stitches. For... Hook+Gorge+Portal combo? Interesting.

Dignitas had a first ban Abathur, too, cool.

Edit: Mixed up the teams.

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Astral Authority drafts Medivh + Stitches. For... Hook+Gorge+Portal combo? Interesting.

didnt see the draft itself, but i feel as though dignitas has the advantage. dehaka + stitches + medivh + liming + malfurion vs tychus + brightwing + muradin +zeratul + guldan. but i dunno i could see how AA could make it happen

WingedWeasel on
  • Options

didnt see the draft itself, but i feel as though dignitas has the advantage. dehaka + stitches + medivh + liming + malfurion vs tychus + brightwing + muradin +zeratul + guldan. but i dunno i could see how AA could make it happen

They're doing well, and winning in Core HP now (it's Towers of Doom), but AA has had some nice plays. Hook+Gorge+Portal+Roots+Tongue Grab+Silence..... It's just a whole bunch of CC, they are often able to just delete members of Dignitas.

Steam profile
  • Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Blizzard wrote:
    - Lava Wave
    - Cooldown: 100 seconds
    - Release a wave of lava from your Core that travels down the targeted lane, dealing 603 damage (+4% per level) per second to non-Structure enemies in its path and instantly killing enemy Minions. Damage increased by 33% versus Heroes.

Haha I don't care if it's not as good, that's the Ultimate ability I want. Really be the Raid boss, just wreck a lane.

I don't know man. I mean, firstly, it looks fucking awesome, so huge points there.

Secondly, the damage is impressive. Like, it's about 150% of the damage of Nova's Precision Strike from what I can tell. And it's a huge area across the whole lane. It's nothing to sneeze at. Like his trait, it seems like a really good tool to push or counter a push.

The other big thing is I wonder if it's global or not. I couldn't see from the clip above and I haven't seen Chu8's whole video. The ability description says "the targeted lane" which suggests to me it might be targettable. If it is global it would actually be even more amazing. But think about it, this thing will kill all the minions in an entire lane. That means your minions will be uncontested pushing a lane for, like, probably a solid minute or more. That's a nasty bit of split-pushing that you don't need to stick around to do. And if it's global you can do it while team fighting on the other side of the map. You are contesting a tribute bot lane and suddenly you've got a 3 wave big minion deathball on top of their keep gate top lane.

It's like a burst version of Azmodan's trait on top of being a push/counter-push tool.

So it could actually be legit.

• Options
    shryke wrote: »
    Blizzard wrote:
    - Lava Wave
    - Release a wave of lava from your Core that travels down the targeted lane, dealing 603 damage (+4% per level) per second to non-Structure enemies in its path and instantly killing enemy Minions. Damage increased by 33% versus Heroes.

Haha I don't care if it's not as good, that's the Ultimate ability I want. Really be the Raid boss, just wreck a lane.

I don't know man. I mean, firstly, it looks fucking awesome, so huge points there.

Secondly, the damage is impressive. Like, it's about 150% of the damage of Nova's Precision Strike from what I can tell. And it's a huge area across the whole lane. It's nothing to sneeze at. Like his trait, it seems like a really good tool to push or counter a push.

The other big thing is I wonder if it's global or not. I couldn't see from the clip above and I haven't seen Chu8's whole video. The ability description says "the targeted lane" which suggests to me it might be targettable. If it is global it would actually be even more amazing. But think about it, this thing will kill all the minions in an entire lane. That means your minions will be uncontested pushing a lane for, like, probably a solid minute or more. That's a nasty bit of split-pushing that you don't need to stick around to do. And if it's global you can do it while team fighting on the other side of the map. You are contesting a tribute bot lane and suddenly you've got a 3 wave big minion deathball on top of their keep gate top lane.

It's like a burst version of Azmodan's trait on top of being a push/counter-push tool.

Yeah, my phrasing may have been off a bit. I wasn't trying to imply it was worse. Saying, "on the off-chance it happens to be worse, I still like it"

It looks like you target a lane, then it starts from your core and goes to the other end of the map following that lane. It doesn't hurt buildings though.

Steam profile
  • Options
    it'll be a good counter to split push comps, at least. that's a cool minion wave you have there azmo/gaz/murky/sylv, it'd be a shame if something were to happen to it...

but yeah you'll probably just take the other one more often because it's a ranged interrupt and an extra nuke

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited November 2016

i forgot they even existed in SC2. there wasn't much to them in warcraft 3 either

I dunno I liked Warcraft 3 clans, though I was bit more active in that kind of thing back then. I was in a clan with a guy who made some decently well-known Warcraft 3 maps, which was pretty cool, since we got to play beta versions to test them out and give suggestions, which was always interesting.

I like Dahaka right now and it seems like he'll be getting some buffs which will be great. I like the idea of making him more tanky, since right now he's a decent tank but falls short in some respects while not being able to do enough damage on his own to rank super high as a bruiser. He's fun and good all-around, but he could definitely use some love IMO. Also hopefully they'll give him another cool skin so if/when I get him I can give Blizzard more money :P

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    Did they mention ANY samu nerfs?

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • Options
    Did they mention ANY samu nerfs?

Someone in the thread said that Samuro nerfs are coming next week

Steam profile
  • Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Not to be a Debbie Downer with all the awesome news coming out of Blizzcon, but they really shit the bed with the current Brawl.

ARAM is fine, but they turned off the matchmaking rules except for mirrored support.

I just had a game with Abathur, Auriel, Brightwing, Valla, and Illidan. Against ETC, Arthas, LiLi, Li-Ming, and Tyrande.

So, double tank vs. no warriors. Huge waste of time, and not fun at all because our team couldn't even show their faces without getting dumpstered.

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited November 2016
    shryke wrote: »
    Blizzard wrote:
    - Lava Wave

Lava Wave will be really really good on certain maps. Like, it'll just OBLITERATE the Zerg Rush on Braxxis, dude. Ragnaros is already going to be utterly insane on that map (Molten Core a Fort to defend the Zerg Rush), but Lava Wave on top of it? Jesus.

Other than Braxxis, I have feeling it'll be good on: Dragon Shire, Spider Queen, Haunted Mines 2.0, Battlefield of Eternity, Infernal Shrines... and maybe Garden of Terror.

Basically, any map that has an objective-based Boss Monster used for pushing. Whole enemy team gathers behind their Punisher to attack in? Lava Wave, motherfuckers.

But otherwise, I feel like Sulfuras Smash will offer a bit more versatility.

Still, both seem like great fucking Ults.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    how about a talent for the meteor where every time it ticks damage on a hero while rolling it casts another meteor at that hero's location

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    Anyone who doesn't take Lava Wave every time is a loser and probably has poor taste in everything else in life, too.