As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

One Piece [chat]

2»

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    The enemy AI in Deus Ex is video game-y as fuck.

I pop-poped 20 guys just sitting on a ledge and they had no idea what was up.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    I'm mulling whether there's a syntactical difference between an ethical vegan coffee shop and a vegan ethical coffee shop

Like with smoked Scottish salmon as opposed to Scottish smoked salmon

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    I'M GETTING A TWELFTH NIEFLING

FINALLY GONNA HAVE AN EVEN DOZEN

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    Kid PresentableKid Presentable Registered User regular
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    Hakkekage wrote: »
    I have my first race since the hospital today...just a 5k though it is mostly just climbing up a hill for a mile and then coming back down

I'm much chubber and less good at hills since then boo

You will crush it for you are Hakks: Queen of Crushing Measly 5ks

No I will not because I'm taking it easy because as beasto has reminded me what am I trying to prove and don't end up in the bloody hospital again you can't afford it

(I mean crush it in the sense that you will complete it and be ok not crush it in the sense that you will drive your competition to utter despair)

What is best in life?

To set and maybe accomplish reasonable goals scaled to your ability and level of devotion that mesh well with your work/life balance, to reward yourself for accomplishing said goals with a sticker, commemorative t-shirt, and permission to cheat on your diet with perhaps celebratory ice cream, and to hear the lamentations of your goals' women.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Google wrote:
    Did you mean Tiefling?

Tieflings are a race whose human ancestors made a bargain with devils to increase their power. A tiefling should not be confused with a half-fiend, as half-fiends are generally half mortal and half fiend or demon, whereas the demonic lineage of a tiefling's ancestry often lies further up the family tree.

• Options
    Quid wrote: »

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quid what is a niefling, is it a breed of dog? Congrats on your one dozenth dog!

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    quid is gonna be a dodecauncle

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I saw parts of that star citizen demo from gamescom. It looked impressive in a lot of ways, it also looked doubtful that they'll be able to deliver still.

It also had a weird almost sect-like feel to it with the live audience.

• Options
    japan wrote: »
    Google wrote:
    Did you mean Tiefling?

Tieflings are a race whose human ancestors made a bargain with devils to increase their power. A tiefling should not be confused with a half-fiend, as half-fiends are generally half mortal and half fiend or demon, whereas the demonic lineage of a tiefling's ancestry often lies further up the family tree.

Please do not confuse then with half-fiends, it is very offensive.

• Options
    Investing money now for prime spoiling in five years.

• Options
    STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    Starbound is great, it is just that I am into Pinball Arcade right now.

• Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited August 2016
    Cirque du Soleil was in town!

4F1CBA76E4F87B865994780EAEEA29FE.jpg

<3<3<3

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Hey.

I've almost totally lost track of what day it is.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    I saw parts of that star citizen demo from gamescom. It looked impressive in a lot of ways, it also looked doubtful that they'll be able to deliver still.

star citizen is basically scientology

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Millenials are killing crowfunding you say.

Well, I say good on them! Crows are horrible creatures.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

How so? I watched it and it looked pretty ok. What did you see that was worrying?
    Elendil wrote: »

It's true Chris Roberts is actually L Ron Hubbard reincarnated but don't tell anyone especially Tom Cruise because ugh that dude is crazy

• Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
    I purchased a thick slab of biltong today

Except I temporarily forgot that I leave the country in four days

looks like my meals are set

• Options
    It is my personal policy to only pay money for games that are finished.

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular

what about this game called life

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    Quid wrote: »

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Quid what is a niefling, is it a breed of dog? Congrats on your one dozenth dog!

Gender neutral term for nephew/niece.

We've used it whenever referring to the whole lot of nephews and nieces. And now since the kid is approximately grape sized in a uterus.

• Options
    Chanus wrote: »

what about this game called life

I pay with my death.

• Options

How so? I watched it and it looked pretty ok. What did you see that was worrying?
    Elendil wrote: »

It's true Chris Roberts is actually L Ron Hubbard reincarnated but don't tell anyone especially Tom Cruise because ugh that dude is crazy

Possibly a lot of it may be because I haven't watched any previous coverage of it, so I might be totally off base in any of this, but:

First off the framerate, might be difficult to fix as they keep adding stuff if it still runs at 20fps on their probably good demo pc's.

A lot of it looked janky. Especially animations apart from the dialogue with the quest giver (that looked really well made). But most of the character animations from the pre recorded stuff looked stilted and like it was completely missing transitions between canned animations.

Most of all, they're like 300 people if I understand correctly. I haven't seen other videos, but since this base environment was so incredibly detailed I really doubt they can make many more like it. It takes an insane amount of time to maintain that level of detail, that environment alone must have been a lifetime of work in man-years. So based on that I am kind of skeptical that there'll be many more environments like it. I can't see them being able to do that on a scale that might be necessary for a game which sells this grand scope. Only way I see it possible is if they are outsourcing 10000 years of 3D work to studios in China, I guess they have money though. I am basically complaining that it looked too good, yup.

Or they might be able to do all that, but in what, five more years of dev time? Do they have the money to keep going that long is the next concern.

No doubt they'll release something "final", and it's already playable for backers from what I know, but I don't feel like they have an easy task catching up to the scope they're selling.

• Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    man no

This discussion has been closed.