Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[IC] Vampire: The Masquerade - The Restless City

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentChantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
edited September 2016 in Critical Failures
This is the in-character thread for a Vampire: The Masquerade Campaign, OOC thread here.

All posts from here on should be in character, OOC posts/clarifications should either be in a spoiler tag or in the OOC thread.

Dice rolls can be done either via Geth or off-site and linked to, whichever is preferable, ideally in a spoiler tag.

The Players
Grunt's Ghosts, Lizzy Hell (Malkavian) - 8 Blood (Starting)

AustinP0027, Alexander Jones (Toreador) - 4 Blood (Starting)

Fencingsax, Maxwell Smart (Toreador) - 9 Blood (Starting)

Boozer, Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko (Brujah) - 12 Blood (Starting)

Maclay, Danny Whelan (Malkavian) - 7 Blood (Starting)

Ardent, Deacon 'Deke' Braithwaite (Toreador) - 8 Blood (Starting)

Anyone who wishes to engage in a hunt or use a background to up their blood count for the evening should send me a PM.

____________________________

Something about this evening seems unusually quiet. Even in the nicer parts of the city, one would at least expect the sounds of traffic, sirens, gunfire, or all of the above, whether near or far.

Upon exiting your haven, you experience only the dead still of night. The immediate street is utterly empty, as if frozen in time.

Then it catches your notice. A nearby streetlamp flickers on, off, on, off, then brightens to a fixed, almost blinding glow.

Finally, the light goes black. Traffic resumes. Cabs begin to drive by, pedestrians come into view, and a siren finally rings out. Home, sweet home.

And attached to the pole is a flyer that on any other night would be easily overlooked, yet somehow compels your attention.
It appears as if it was printed on standard paper, but the formal engraved text and an unfamiliar sigil's mark suggests otherwise.

One Night Only - The Pyramids - Performing Live! - Radio City Music Hall, 11PM, Sharp.
Dress to impress, state your name at the door. Strictly Enforced.


After reading the last sentence, the flyer crumbles to dust.

SLJcaRJ.png
Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
cj iwakura on
lonelyahavaGrunt's GhostsAustinP0027FencingsaxArdentBoozerMaclay
«13456719

Posts

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Max heads out to Sarasvat's brokerage. This is the exact kind of thing it pays to tell her about. Maybe she's heard of The Pyramids.

    Max will then head to RCMH to arrive about 10:30

    Fencingsax on
    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex opened the door and casually stepped out onto the street. The apartment that Emanuel had provided him in the Upper East Side wasn't fancy enough to have a doorman, but it was in a decent neighborhood where you could wander the streets at night without having to look over your shoulder. At least, that's what the masses thought. If they were aware of the vampire society that was teeming in the city itself, they wouldn't be so casual with their stroll towards whatever nightly spot had drawn their interest.

    Tonight, however, Alex was just one of the crowd. He had thrown on what could be considered a casually stylish outfit, jeans and a tighter shirt that accentuated his toned physique, and he was considering wandering over to a club that was just a couple blocks away. He might have considered jumping in his car, it was a small miracle that he even had one considering almost no one did, but Emanuel continued to splurge on his childer, paying for the apartment and the expensive parking spot that went with it so that Alex could get around whenever he desired. Instead, the Toreador was going to walk, take in the night air, and tonight especially, he felt like drawing a little attention to himself. His conversion hadn't dampened his ego any, and with the enhancements it had provided his looks and his general charisma, Alex tended to draw people in wherever he went. Sometimes it could be an annoyance, but most of the time he bathed in the adoration and attention, seeking it out as he was intending to tonight.

    As his feet hit the front steps, much lighter than they should have had he been simply human, his attention was drawn outward, to the silence of the street. This was New York city. There was no silence in the streets, so it immediately produced a wrongness in the air that couldn't have been ignored even if he had wanted to. The blonde man looked up and down the street, noting there were no cars active and no pedestrians anywhere to be found. It stood the hairs on the back of his head up, and his postured tensed a little as if preparing for something to attack.

    The flickering from the streetlight drew his attention immediately. Any fool could have known that they shouldn't have behaved that way, but to a vampire, it was a sign of potentially more. Four flickers and then blinding light before going out, that was strange. As it died, the streets returned to normal, sound rushed into his ears, and signs of life returned. The lamp post was fixed in Alex's attention, however, as his feet drew him straight towards it. His hand moved almost on it's own to pick up the flyer, which after a quick perusal, crumbled into dust.

    What should have been a feeling of fear or possibly suspicion only held anticipation for the tall man. This was going to be so much more exciting than anything he had originally planned. And with an ominous invitation, he could only imagine the people who could be there, new people for him to impress, seduce, or whatever else he possibly could have desired. With a quick turn, he headed straight back to his door to go upstairs and change. Dress to impress, it had said. That was certainly one of the skills that he excelled at.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    The paper turned to ash and Danny carefully surveyed the street as he hastily but casually retreated back into his apartment and double bolted the door. He paced a little before sitting cross-legged on the floor in the center of the room, eyes closed, rocking back and forth.

    “If it’s a trap, it’s either not specifically for me or it’s someone stupid enough to think I’d fall for it. If it’s not a trap, they either don’t know me very well or it’s someone stupid enough to think I’d trust a message like that. It might be a test. What happens if I don’t show? What was the sigil? Should I call Ana? No. Not unless I have too. I just shouldn’t go… Pyramids… Too obvious to be a conspiracy… Someone with power… Tremere? Contact was generic, I’m probably not the only one going, same boat, is that good or bad? Nothing to say whoever’s behind it will just stop if I ignore it. Very big, very public venue, easy to disappear. If there's something going on, at least I can gain some intel, don't have to stumble around in the dark.”

    Standing with a sigh of exasperation, Danny considered his outfit. ‘Dress to Impress.’ Impress who? Radio City… His current black jacket over forest-green shirt look was tidy enough, but as a precaution he grabbed a tie and shoved it in his pocket.

    “Fuck my life.”

    He left immediately. He wanted to take the scenic route, throw off any prying eyes, maybe approach the building from an unexpected angle.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max stands in Sarasvat's brokerage, mildly perturbed that not only is there no sign of the head broker, but all of her assistants and informants have suddenly been called away. There is always some shred of life (or whatever) here, and the silence is... ominous. Is this part of whatever was happening when I was granted the invitation, or is this something more? Maybe everyone else is already at Radio City? Max hurries to the nearest metro stop. Wearing a dark peacoat over khakis, Max heads out to the famed Music Hall. Thank goodness we have a tailor in our little family. I wonder who could arrange this that would give a damn about how I'm dressed? Max muses as the train heads north toward 50th Street. This is almost certainly a bad idea, but it's probably a worse idea to ignore a summons such as this Max hadn't heard of anything like this in his short unlife, but the hairs on the back of his neck told him it wasn't good, that this attention wasn't good. Hopefully, whoever was at the end of this wouldn't just kill him outright. Worrying about that was somewhat terrifying, and worrying that worrying about it was becoming routine doesn't help either.I wonder of The Pyramids are any good?

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke had risen early, strolling out of the Braithwaite Opticon building into the stuttering cacophony of Manhattan at night. The locals referred to it, proudly, as the 'city that never sleeps' and then endeavored feverishly to make that the truth. He wasn't particularly hungry, so he set off to see what the night might present. He was still debating between Elysium and finding another -- human -- party when the streetlights dimmed and then flickered. He glanced up, frowning.

    This sort of thing happened in the outer boroughs, not Manhattan. Especially not Midtown. This was the showpiece, the part of New York meant to sparkle for the naive, the insipid, the rubes. As the lights grow to a pulsating brightness, that almost sort of hurts Deke, they're back to normal again suddenly, the rush of sound Deke hadn't realized had fallen away returning as his senses linger on the newly-revealed presence of a single flyer.

    He pulls it up and reads the invitation. Smiling, he takes a look around -- pointlessly, he's sure, as whomever delivered it likely wouldn't reveal themselves. He's already dressed to the nines, a silvery-grey suit and black shirt with white jacquard on black tie. A tight pair of Italian loafers. The kind of outfit that draws stares from less stylish passerby.

    He's only a few blocks away, and so takes his time, intending to arrive close to the appointed hour.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Elizabeth's night was already going sour. She had awaken to find that she was wanted to listen to "a new sound" only to find the band called Rusted Spokes to be a city raised hipster group that was a carbon copy of Mumford and Sons, right down to the long jackets and crappy beards. What was it with people and unkempt beards that made them think they could sing? Lizzy left the studio and started down the street, throwing the demo cd into the first trash bin she found.

    That's when she noticed the silence. New York City had been great at hiding the fact that Elizabeth had lost her musical muse, the strange notes in her mind that had seemed to know more about what was going on then Lizzy herself knew. But the sudden silent just from turning a corner set her on edge. The lone street lamp flickered a few times before going completely out, leaving the Malkavian with the flyer. As the paper crumbles away and the pieces float off into the wind, Elizabeth watches it as it mixes with the crowd of young hipsters and wannabes that Williamsburg has attracted. The Pyramids seemed like a band that she would know, being part of the music scene off and on for three decades...
    Geth roll 6#1d10

    6#1d10 6 # 4 [1d10=4] 8 [1d10=8] 4 [1d10=4] 2 [1d10=2] 9 [1d10=9] 7 [1d10=7]

    Grunt's Ghosts on
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Bulldog headed out of LeFrak City after visiting one of his regulars, for once barely feeling the Hunger. Too bad this moment never lasted long.

    He felt so good that it wasn't till the streetlight started flickering that he realized how fucking quiet it was. Glancing around, Bulldog shrugged and grabbed the lone flyer. His mouth moved a little as he read the it, nodding with interest until he got to the last line. Dress to impress, state your name at the door. Strictly Enforced.

    Glancing down at his worn jeans and leather jacket, the big man grunted. "Mother fucker. Looks like I gotta go get my suit." Bulldog hopped onto his chopper and headed to his favored crashpad over in Astoria, to go get his monkey suit out of mothballs. He wasn't a fan of these proms, but he'd been around long enough to know this one wasn't optional.

    Flicking through his bare closet, Lenko hesitated a moment over his Cut. The leather vest, covered in the few patches he had earned with the Outlaws before being turned, was one of his most prized possessions. He smiled at the idea of wearing it instead, but decided it was too risky. Knowing these fucks, they'd destroy it for the insult of wearing it there. Bulldog thought to himself.

    Instead he put on his suit, one of a couple he had had custom made to fit over his 6'6", 300 lb frame. It was simple, black with a white shirt and a black tie, but well tailored. He put his black hair into a short ponytail and combed his short beard to a point, before heading out to Radio City Music Hall.

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Seeing that the The Pyramids wasn't anyone she knew, Elizabeth figured that it was a tongue-in-cheek joke about the Pyramid scheme that is the Camarilla. Seeing that she was already wearing her business suit with her cleanest The Who shirt under the jacket, it seemed that she was perfectly dressed to impress. Or at least let someone have a clue to her clan. Now would be a great time for the music to come back, she thought as she flagged down a taxi. "Radio City Music Hall. And get there before the hour's fall."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    Upon approaching the towering theater, you find the adjacent streets and sidewalks as popular as can be expected in the prime hours of the night... except the immediate entrances. People seem to be going out of their way to avoid the front of the Music Hall. Some have flyers and maps in hand, appearing to be headed straight for the building, like most tourists would.

    Then they seem to have second thoughts. Something else catches their attention. Another landmark, a taxi cab, even a mugger snatching someone's purse, causing them to give chase(which seems unlikely to do any good).

    Whatever scares off the masses doesn't seem to faze you. As you approach, the lights of the sign seem to flicker. Then the sign which had, until previously, been advertising the latest Broadway smash, now simply states "Pyramid Invitational - One Night Only - New Members Welcome."

    Beneath the beckoning marquee, the doors await. A fair-skinned woman in a black evening dress stands between each set of doors, and the interior beyond seems inexplicably dark.
    You could try to pass by her, but somehow you suspect that will not be easily done- if at all possible.

    Every so often she crosses her arms, tapping black painted nails against her forearms. Whoever she's waiting for, they have yet to arrive.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max stands with the crowd of tourists that are moving to and from Rockefeller center. He is indecisive. This is the exact kind of weird shit that piques his curiosity. He wants to know what's going on, where this goes, and who's behind it. On the other hand, he knows perfectly well that there is a significant chance he isn't walking out of the Radio City Music Hall in one piece. Or even a half dozen pieces.

    He tries to spot anyone else watching, either with an invitation, or an intention to enter. He sees no one special among the throng. Is it just me? Can't be. Maybe I'm early? Or late. Max sees the woman standing at the doors.I really hope that they don't hate my clothes. Max takes an unnecessary breath to steady himself, and approaches the famed venue.

    He walks up to the waiting woman "Max Smart. I understand you have a ticket waiting for me?"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    The woman turns to you, seeming at first irritated. Then her frustration subsides. "About goddamned time. I don't know about a ticket, smartass, but you just might be on the guest list. You here on anyone's behalf? Be detailed."
    Geth, roll 5d10 for Aura Perception.

    Aura Perception:
    5d10 18 [5d10=2, 4, 1, 9, 2]

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    The cab arrives with five minutes to spare. The whole trip Elizabeth keep thinking about all the ways this could be a trap. Seattle may have been 20 years ago, but for vampires, it could be yesterday for all they cared. She should have stayed in Alaska, at least the worst she had to deal with was werewolves and nosy human police.

    Seeing the mortal masses avoid the place was funny to her. Had to be Tremere doing, which explained the paper and the lights (although she kinda figured it out then), and that worried her even more. If anyone could set a trap, it would be the Tremere. And while she never really dealt with the Nosferatu, she had heard from the few vampires who weren't scared of her rep that there were those who weren't happy with the new reign. Not enough to stage a full rebellion but enough that any new ruler might want to squash them in one quick swoop. And who better to invite to this party then the poster girl of a rebellion? Maybe her mind was just running wild, paranoia seems to run in her clan, maybe insanity was finally digging into her deeper.

    Seeing the lady at the door, the Musical Malk guess that was where she introduced herself.

    "My name is Elizabeth Hailion, should be on your list.
    or Lizzy Hell if you should insist."

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    The second arrival soon draws her focus away from 'Max', though the jury still appears to be out on whether or not he's on the list in question.

    "Oh yeah, the riot grrl. Give up on the debut?"
    Geth, roll 5d10 for Aura Perception.

    "The lobby's open to you. Nothing else."

    Aura Perception:
    5d10 31 [5d10=3, 8, 9, 8, 3]

    cj iwakura on
    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    "It all depends on what is showing this evening on how I feel like leaving." Lizzy flashes a sharp smile before making her way into the lobby and it's den of vicious beasts.

  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Had this been a normal social engagement, Alex wouldn't have been caught dead showing up within an hour of it's actual start time. Fashionably late was a tried and true method of measuring one's social graces and as well as their corresponding ability to fit into the assumed hierarchy that always formed at events like these.

    Vampire engagements, however, were a different story. There were a lot of similarities between the two situations, but there were a whole list of additional rules that fell into place. Each hierarchy had it's own hierarchy, and right now, Alex wasn't in a situation that he fully understood his place in the hierarchy yet. And so, he arrived a few minutes before 11, dressed in a carefully picked deep blue navy suit jacket with matching pants, along with a white undershirt adorned with a solid blue tie. His silver tie clip, etched with a small signal associated with his sire held the tie in place. The blonde man took a moment to readjust his white pocket square, the brief hesitation allowing him to watch a woman enter the building, as another man stood at the doorway still.

    His brown leather shoes clicked nosily as he approached the entrance to the theater, a smile breaking across his face as his social graces turned themselves on immediately.

    "Hello there, Alex Jones. I believe that you'll find my name on your list." The smile never faltered as he spoke, and neither did his eye contact with the woman he had approached. Toreador's tended to be flirtatious, and Alex was no exception to that, but there was a time and place for flirtation, and given the look on the face of the brunette he had approached, neither was now.

  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny watches the front entrance and waits, trying to ascertain the nature of event. He observes until just before eleven and walks toward the woman at a brisk pace. Just as he's about to reach her he does a quick 360 to see if there are any eyes on him.
    "Danny. W-Whelan?"

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    "Busy night..." The woman makes a display of feigned interest after waving the woman on by. "Common name, pretty boy."
    Geth, roll 5d10 for Aura Perception.

    "Maybe you'll have better luck inside."

    Aura Perception:
    5d10 35 [5d10=10, 4, 9, 2, 10]

    cj iwakura on
    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Alex is dismissed in a similar manner, before she moves onto the nervous one. "Must be new to the city... I don't envy seeing that cherry burst."
    Geth, roll 5d10 for Aura Perception.

    "Someone'll get you up to speed inside. Maybe." For the last arrival, she gestures behind her, making a faux beckoning motion to the interior.
    New arrivals were always fun.

    Aura Perception:
    5d10 27 [5d10=6, 4, 4, 10, 3]

    cj iwakura on
    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex just smiled as he was dismissed. "Well, you come find me if you change your mind."

    He entered the doors as she motioned him in, firing his little quip as he quickly entered the theater.

  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    The rumble of Bulldog's chopper can be heard from a block away, even over the noise of the city. Finally, the big man and his bike pull around the corner. Pulling back into a nearby spot, Bulldog adjusts his suit and ponytail as he walks up to the woman clearly in charge.

    "Bulldog, Bulldog Lenko." he says with an easy smile. The smile fades when he only gets a cold stare in response. Sighing, he adds under his breath, "My first name is Bobby."

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Although parking the bike outside the Hall seems to be in flagrant violation of several laws, especially in that part of town, the woman pays it no mind.

    "I'd stick to Bobby, if you want to make any good impressions... best of luck with that."
    Geth, roll 5d10 for Aura Perception.

    "Hope you don't expect anyone to valet that shit for you." She'd happily stay and watch it get towed if it came to that.

    Aura Perception:
    5d10 25 [5d10=1, 2, 3, 10, 9]

    cj iwakura on
    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    "That spot ain't good?" Bulldog asks, before noticing the 4 seperate signs saying otherwise.

    "Right... guess I'll be back then." Bulldog sprints back to his bike, to quickly park it at a nearby overpriced parking garage.

    Boozer on
    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Danny quickly entered the building, realizing too late that he probably should have said thank you, or anything at all.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    "I am here on my own behalf, and invitation, although there are those whose interest I represent. My Sire, Philipa Aragon, and my... sponsor and Patron Sarasvat"

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke strolls up right at eleven, looking unhurried, and smiles at the doorwoman.

    "Deacon Braithwaite. I should be on the list. I suppose there is a chance my Sire arranged this; is Magdalena here?"

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    She almost felt guilty about the biker actually having gone to relocate the thing. Almost. Well, it was one less thing she was likely to get chewed out about.

    Max's name dropping of the Patron seems to darken the woman's expression for a moment, then it passes, and she motions to the door. "Close enough."


    When Deacon finally arrives, she seems to have finally been about to abandon her post and enter the building. Then he gets a look of disdain for ruining that plan.

    "Again with this fucking list. You're a bit early for fashionably late." She never got to be in the loop about that shit. Never, ever.
    Geth, roll 5d10 for Aura Perception.

    "Oh, her. Christ, it's turning into a regular art gallery in there. Try not to stare at the walls or anything? Creeps out the locals something fierce."

    She then waves Deacon on by, as well as the biker upon his eventual return. It doesn't take long to find a relatively more legal location to place the bike at. The meters even seem to have been covered for the indefinite future.


    Once through the doors, the darkness gradually fades, before dissipating altogether, revealing a well-lit lobby. It appears just like any theater would in the moments of anticipation before a curtain rising, although the lighting has been perceptively dimmed. The concession stands are empty, though a few wandering attendants pass by every so often. They seem to be normal event staff, apart from having a spaced-out look in their eyes. Every so often one passes by offering glasses of red liquid that, somehow, you suspect consists of something other than blush wine.

    There are other scattered faces, with distinctly paler features, though none are immediately familiar.

    Any doors to the event hall itself are either locked or attended by similar uniformed figures, none of whom are inclined to move one inch.

    Aura Perception:
    5d10 24 [5d10=5, 5, 5, 8, 1]

    cj iwakura on
    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog nods his thanks to the woman as he heads inside. Once inside, he casually sized up the others, giving any that would meet his eyes a head nod in greeting.

    No one looked like much of a threat, but then again, Vonner didn't look that tough either, and he could paint the walls with your brains before you could say a word. Which was useful, considering what some of these assholes could do to you if they got a word in.

    Nah, Vonner had warned him not to underestimate anyone. But old habits died hard.

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Secret Illuminati Event Knocks Dozens Dead At Radio City Music Hall Lizzy thinks to herself as she finds a corner that hopefully will give her a defensive position for when the Tremere's trap strikes but close enough to an exit door that she could run if someone decided to burn the place down. Paranoid? This was Elysium but so was the Space Needle and she can recall that night like a historian can recall the Gettysburg Address. The only thing keeping this whole show from coming apart was the very things they ate. Vampires didn't want to be in the light, didn't want to be known by their prey. But everyone can twist a story... Damnit, she was paranoid. She scanned the room for any signs of a trap. She might not be able to spot the magical voodoo stuff, but people have tells.
    So I have a Perception (3), Alertness (2), and Auspex (1) which is Heighten Senses to check for possible traps because Lizzy wants to know.

    Geth roll 5#1d10 for Tremere Trap Tracking

    Tremere Trap Tracking:
    5#1d10 5 # 10 [1d10=10] 2 [1d10=2] 8 [1d10=8] 10 [1d10=10] 1 [1d10=1]

  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke approaches the interior much the way he did the exterior; casual disinterest. It's cultivated, however, as the neonate knows better than to let his guard down around other vampires. It was one of the few things Magdalena really stressed.

    As a life- and unlife-long New Yorker, this is hardly Deke's first time inside Radio City Music Hall, although he does have to keep his eyes from wandering over the artwork. The Toreador had learned, the hard way, that allowing himself to focus on beautiful objects was very dangerous. Especially in a place like this, where a knife likely hovered bare inches from his back.

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    Surveying the lobby, Danny found himself oddly relieved that he apparently wasn't the only one highly suspicious of this whole endeavor. For himself, he took up a position right next to the main entrance, the only doors that he was reasonably certain would not just lead deeper into the building, where he wasn't likely to be flanked or cornered. He started messing with his tie as cover.

    The good thing about a tie is that it makes for a nice improvised weapon that won't be picked up by security. Obviously, choking a vampire is a questionable strategy but their minions or other potential threats are a different story, and even with vampires the ability to bind a limb even momentarily can give you an advantage that could ensure you make it through the night. Danny wore his loosely, so that he could pull it free in a single fluid motion.

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max sees the others enter, and notes their apprehension. He stops watching for every little thing, and starts watching them. They seem to know what the score is, so they'd be able to figure out something's off before he does. Max finds a place to sit or lean where he can keep an unobtrusive eye on some of the other guests, without making a scene. He pretends to be looking at his phone.

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Alex glanced the lobby interior with casual interest. There were others here, a varying array of individuals that he knew nothing about, but that must have seen the same flyer he had. That they had all arrived on time was of particular interest. Whatever was happening here had drawn specific individuals or attention, but had also conveyed a similar message to them all that was to be obeyed. As of yet, no one had rolled in late, or seemed to have ignored the summons. That in itself told him something.

    Still, standing around silently, no matter how suspicious of the environment, was boring. The blonde man grabbed one of the glasses that were being handed out and sauntered over towards one of the other men who was also dressed similarly.

    "Well then, certainly an interesting way to start a party don't you think?"
    Leaving this intentionally open to whomever wants to respond.

    AustinP0027 on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    @Grunt's Ghosts
    There is nothing posing an immediate threat, though the ones serving the drinks give you a strange vibe. Not that they are worth concern, more that they are unsettling and out of place, as if wound up and left to dance.

    Some minutes pass, and the woman who had previously been watching the door enters, wasting no time in taking a glass from one of the nearby servants and making a pointed display of a long sip. "I hate open house." With that muttered remark, the half emptied glass is then set down as she clears her throat, making an attempt to sound somewhat official.

    "By voice of the Harpy, this will serve as Elysium for the night. If anyone here seeks acknowledgement under... House and Clan's auspices, make yourselves known." Emphasizing the nature of the rule still did not come easily. "Especially if you have any Status I ought to know about. If you walk out of that door without presenting yourself, the Scourge will be talking with you next. He's not as nice as I am. The Prince will be in attendance later this evening if anyone has any grievances. If it can't wait, take it to the Primogen until then. If you don't know who that is, I'll put you in touch with them. If there isn't one, you're welcome to volunteer." With that less-than-inspirational greeting, the woman lowers her voice and remains near one of the ascending staircases.

    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
  • Grunt's GhostsGrunt's Ghosts Registered User regular
    Elizabeth Hailion

    Not wanting to be here anymore, Lizzy decided that she needed to get this over with. Walking up to the lady, she gave her a small smile.
    "Again, I am Elizabeth Hailion of the Malkavian Clan.
    And I was done with this party before it began.
    So who is the Malkavian face in this city
    That "represents" me in this Kindred committee?"

    AustinP0027BoozerHavelock2.0
  • AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Alex hadn't had a chance to get a response before a voice broke the hushed tons of the few people willing to stir up a conversation. The woman from the door had also the apparent responsibility of accepting the oaths that Emanuel had spoken to his childe about. It was socially rude to walk away from a conversation that one had started, but given the importance of this declaration, Alex assumed that the person he had addressed would be understanding, and just as likely to join him in the conversation with this unknown woman.

    Walking towards the brunette, he arrives just as another vampire declares, though, in a less than gracious way. Of course it's a Malkavian. Tsk, tsk. So rude.. Before the mystery woman who appears to be hosting them has a chance to respond, Alex interjects.

    "Hardly the way to show gratitude to someone who has opened their door and provided hospitality." Alex put on a broad smile, as if that would pull the sting from his rebuke. He turned to the brunette to whom the Malkavian had addressed and dipped his head slightly in deference. "Alexander Jones, of Clan Toreador. A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Miss....."

  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Max waits for some of the others to go in, then walks up to the woman with a smile "Having to man both the will call and the ticket booth huh? Tough break. Max Smart of Toreador. Childe (we need a better word for that, by the way) of Philipa Aragon. And I'm still the apprentice of Sarasvat. As far as I know."

    torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • ArdentArdent Skyline Ranger UndergroundRegistered User regular
    Deke sighs, finally taking a vial of blood as it passes by. He slowly maneuvers through the crowd, not having spotted Magdalena, to what he is forced to presume is the Keeper of Elysium for the night. As he does, he recalls Magdalena's lessons on presenting oneself.
    Since Deke is going off his memory, I think it's Wits here.

    Geth, roll 4d10o10h8 for Mind Your Manners, Deacon

    Mind Your Manners, Deacon:
    4d10o10h8 1 [4d10o10h8=3, 2, 1, [10, 4]]

    Steam ID | Origin ID: ArdentX | Uplay ID: theardent | Battle.net: Ardent#11476
    Join us on Discord for RPGs
  • MaclayMaclay Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Danny was regretting coming here. But that would have been true whatever it had ended up being. Charmed. Obviously someone had put an enchantment on the invite to make him convince himself to show up.
    He watched as a gaggle of guests sauntered up to the person who seemed to be acting as host at the moment. Gee, what's the rush guys? he thought to himself, I guess 'Join or Die' has that effect on people. Still, maybe he wasn't obligated to wait around for the Prince that was promised. Maybe he just had to do this one thing and he would be allowed to leave. Probably not.
    Wandering up to the group, Danny waited for a gap in the conversation. Be polite. He reminded himself.
    "Hey, hi, hello, sorry for my brevity earlier, the invite didn't exactly say what this was going to be, so naturally I assumed deathtrap." His eyes wandered the room. "Not completely convinced otherwise yet." He smiled. "Anyway. Feel free to stop me when I've said everything I'm legally required to say."

    "My name is Danny Whelan, that's what it's always been, I don't really know if I'm supposed to be picking a new one at some point, haven't found anything on the procedure yet.
    I'm a part of Clan Malkavian. Malkavia? My sire was The Smiling Man, or at least that's how I know him, he apparently doesn't always use the same name. I don't know what name he is officially recognized by, but if you know him, you'd know him.
    I mostly assist Ana, in research, unofficially I guess? But not secretly, it's not a secret. At all. I wouldn't be saying it if it was a secret. Right? I guess she likes my brain or whatever.
    If you're just looking for someone to throw a punch, I guess I'm not the worst at that either?
    ...
    ...
    Am I done yet?"

    Maclay on
    BoozerAustinP0027Grunt's Ghosts
  • BoozerBoozer Registered User regular
    Bulldog could barely contain his laughter when Jones referred to this cattle-call as a party. Still, he was the first one with balls enough to take a drink, Bulldog respected that.

    Soon after that the doorwoman insisted on getting their names again. Bulldog waited for some of the others to go ahead, since he wasn't sure what she meant by House and Clan auspices, or if he had any status she should know about. You needed to speak goddamn Latin to make sense of half of what she had said.

    Once Whelan said his thing, Bulldog walked up and reintroduced himself. "I'm Bobby Lenko, Brujah. My Sire is Nathaniel Vonner."

    Xeno the Wonderworker - [PBP] [DW] The Merry Freebooters of Ditchwater
    Bobby 'Bulldog' Lenko - [PBP] [Vampire] The Restless City
    Varg Yagha - [PBP] [13th Age] The Adventurer's Guild
    PSN: Boozer_777
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited September 2016
    @Ardent
    There is no good or bad way, as long as you are respectful of the Harpy's status. It's clear that not everyone present is being mindful of this rule, likely to their detriment.
    You do not want to be on a Harpy's bad side.

    Elizabeth is soon the warm recipient of a 'look here, bitch' expression, though it doesn't yet reflect in the woman's tone. "You hadn't made mention of your clan before. And now you have, not to say I'm surprised. At least the artist knows some respect. Your acknowledgement can wait. You are 'done' by my graces, or you are 'done' with this city. Is that clear enough for you? Until further notice, you have no status for the evening. Behave yourself and maybe I'll change my mind."

    The smart-mouthed woman is then ignored in favor of the Toreador calling himself Alex. "Well met. You are Acknowledged. The Seneschal is acting as your Primogen for the time being, and he should be along soon. I think some others of your clan are expected, so feel free to mingle with them until then." And for the first time that evening, the artiste receives a rare flicker of a smile. "Sybil, Ventrue."

    Then, Max. "You could say that. Speak of the rose, you two should get along swimmingly. You are also Acknowledged."


    Oh hell, another one. That reaction is equally plain on the woman's face as she reacts to the other Malkavian, Danny's prattling.

    "...I have no idea what the hell you just said or who the hell your sire is, but behave and you can be Acknowledged." Sybil then motions to Elizabeth. "Keep your girl over there in check, before she gets herself kicked out. The Regentia won't take kindly to her lip."

    Lastly, the Brujah is appraised, with some surprise. "Well met, Bobby. I would have expected a much different attitude given how your previous clanmates have acted in the city, but maybe you come from nicer stock. Though I guess such attitudes have already been given their quota, if not how I expected. Your Primogen is late, as usual, but until such a time... You are as Acknowledged. Most of your fellows aren't much for Elysium, I trust you understand, but at least one of them manages to show their face to get their voice heard in Council. Sometimes."

    Sybil then leaves the newly(and not so much) Acknowledged to their business, waiting for whomever else remains.

    cj iwakura on
    SLJcaRJ.png
    Time flies in pursuit and cool stares are more tender than sympathy.
    lonelyahava
«13456719
Sign In or Register to comment.