As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pokémon S&M | Genesect codes at certain retailers

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Netflix has the original Pokemon series and X/Y

I realize there's a good 15+ years between the two but oh man the animation quality is so good in the new one

Trust me thats still abnormal today.

Looks like Sun/Moon isnt staying on that trend though.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Also Wobuffet is rad.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I love that wobbuffet is still around

Pokemon come and go but Wobbuffet is immortal

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wait a minute are you telling me that the X post-game involves teaming up with a detective to bust some Pokecrimes???

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I love that wobbuffet is still around

Pokemon come and go but Wobbuffet is immortal

Knock him down and he keeps getting back up

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Wait a minute are you telling me that the X post-game involves teaming up with a detective to bust some Pokecrimes???

That is exactly correct, yes.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Hard-boiled Pokemon Crime

We found this Meowth dead in an alley by a self-inflicted gunshot wound

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

Me-owch. Venomoths in the wallet but it gives me a home address, so I'll check it out.

The fiancée says he was in debt big to Giovanni's goons. He'd come crawlin' to them for scratch to feed his gambling addiction every Tuesday like clockwork. Guess he'd forgot scratch back at level 19; a lot of us do. Just another pokemon chasing his payday.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

Me-owch. Venomoths in the wallet but it gives me a home address, so I'll check it out.

The fiancée says he was in debt big to Giovanni's goons. He'd come crawlin' to them for scratch to feed his gambling addiction every Tuesday like clockwork. Guess he'd forgot scratch back at level 19; a lot of us do. Just another pokemon chasing his payday.
    Mitch you are too good for this world

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options

Detective Pikachu, you're a cold son-of-a-bitch, but you get results.

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    You would see his BEST content if you just listened to the HIT PODCAST Roll For Your Lives tm

A AMAZING podcast Featuring the works Of MiTCh and his TEENAGE AnTICS tm

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    I would've thought the internet would ruin it by now

But Danny DeVito Pikachu continues to be hilarious

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Devikachu

• Options
    No Great NameNo Great Name FRAUD DETECTED Registered User regular
    Pokemongo buddy update out wide now.

PSN: NoGreatName Steam:SirToons Twitch: SirToons
    sirtoons.png
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I would pay a hundred dollars for Nintendo to have Danny Devito do the VA for the English localized Detective Pikachu.

I could probably be convinced to pay more.

• Options
    There is of course going to be a Sun/Moon themed New 3DS XL

I'm divided on whether or not I want to get it then (I should have the money for a new 3DS by then) or if I just want to get a basic color one. It does look kinda neat, at least.

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    Crap crap crap

I picked up Darkrai codes at Gamestop and apparently forgot about them in my car's center console until today, and its too late to redeem them now
    Woe is me

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Darkrai for me, Argentina

• Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    Today was a very good day in Go for me. It started off bad because a dratini I encountered ran after the first ultra ball.

Then, I caught four magicarp and then another dratini showed up in the same area, which I was able to grab. Did they change nests again recently or up the rare pokemon spawns or something?

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    Snowbear wrote: »
    Crap crap crap

I picked up Darkrai codes at Gamestop and apparently forgot about them in my car's center console until today, and its too late to redeem them now
    Woe is me

you could try selling them on ebay to those that are equally unaware and or those in europe with backwards calendars

you know, assuming you don't want to use your ebay account ever again

8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    I made it through, uh, mostly all of Terminus Cave until I found out that I had to be a Champion to hang out with Zygarde

Oh well

Rushin' along to the last gym (while catching all the new pokemon I can)

I think the actual dumbest pokemon is Gurdurr

I mean it's a swole construction worker clown?

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular
    I made it through, uh, mostly all of Terminus Cave until I found out that I had to be a Champion to hang out with Zygarde

Oh well

Not all the Village People could keep making music. Some had to take work in video games.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    edited September 2016

Oh well

It's like a weird middle aged worker with a red nose from drinking too much. And evolves into Conkeldurr the grizzled foreman. And of course Timburr is the bright eyed idealist who just started working and hasn't had the optimism beaten out of it yet.

Moth 13 on
  • Options
    So do pokemon imitate humans, or do humans imitate pokemon?

• Options
    webberwebber Registered User regular

My first thought was to find a picture of an exploding camel, but I don't actually want to see that.

This lucky penny is bullshit.
    Hearthstone - Webber #1330
    3DS: 0920-3235-4071
  • Options
    SilverWindSilverWind Registered User regular
    @Snowbear have you tried using the codes? I think they're still usable after their distribution period. At least, people were still asking for earlier months' codes and I didn't hear anyone mention they were unredeemable.

signature.png
    Switch: SW-7603-3284-4227
    My ACNH Wishlists | My ACNH Catalog
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    Okay so I looked it up and apparently Gurdurr's weird head is supposed to symbolize the Punch Perm hairstyle, which used to be popular with Japanese construction workers. And Timburr's head is shaped like a pompadour hairstyle because it's the delinquent that ended up in the business after wasting its school opportunities.

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    SilverWind wrote: »
    @Snowbear have you tried using the codes? I think they're still usable after their distribution period. At least, people were still asking for earlier months' codes and I didn't hear anyone mention they were unredeemable.

Well what do you know! I figured after the printed expiration date they'd be no good. but now i got myself a darkrai!

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    Welp, 8th gym down with absolutely no issue. I appreciate that Wulfric is basically like "I may be tough, but I may also be super easy! I dunno, whatever!"

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    Playing through X for the first time and while I appreciate how many cool fighting types are available early now it does sort of reveal that I have a problem.

I'm just after the fourth gym and my team consists of Chesnaught, Lucario, Gallade, Pangoro, Hawlucha, and Lapras (haven't seen a Poliwag anywhere yet. Also Lapras is just real good). I'm going to have to make some cuts to get better type coverage soon but I love my little squad of bruisers.

• Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    Once you get a good rod you'll be able to fish up poliwhirl in a bunch of routes.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    webber wrote: »

My first thought was to find a picture of an exploding camel, but I don't actually want to see that.

OmnipotentBagel on
    cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Once you get a good rod you'll be able to fish up poliwhirl in a bunch of routes.

Awesome!

Wait... not helping!

• Options

Awesome!

Wait... not helping!

Just embrace your destiny as future Leader of the Fighting Gym

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options

Awesome!

Wait... not helping!

Just embrace your destiny as future Leader of the Fighting Gym

I will award the Fisting Badge! Hmm, maybe need to Workshop that a bit.

More seriously I am actually planning on putting together a Fighting Gym team in the post game, assuming I'm still having fun with it. Never really done post game battling and stuff before though so we'll see.

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    Keith wrote: »
    Darkrai for me, Argentina

you are a monster

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Serebii comfirmed the go plus will track eggs and buddy progress even if the app isnt onscreen.

You know things it should be able to do already

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Serebii comfirmed the go plus will track eggs and buddy progress even if the app isnt onscreen.

You know things it should be able to do already

Might actually get one

I got the buddy update this morning, and it's a great idea but anything more than 1km for one candy is ridiculous.

• Options
    Alright, now onto victory road*

*also catching all the other pokemon and getting stuff that I skipped while rushing to the 8th gym

This discussion has been closed.