As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

F-Zero

Ezekiel Zelias ChaosEzekiel Zelias Chaos Registered User regular
edited September 2004 in PAX Archive
I'm sorry to say that I have only been able to play an F-Zero AX machine once, and I would have played more of it.. But they moved the machine away. Bastards..

Anyway.. Well, if they could get a DDR machine at PAX, why couldn't they get at least one machine of F-Zero AX? Who wouldn't want to play it?

I guess this is a futile idea, as either not too many people would be interested, or there would be other issues preventing this from happening. Oh well.

heh heh heh
enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on

• Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I would certainly be interested, being that I just got F-zero GX, and have never even seen an AX machine, would love to play it, and unlock stuff on GX or whatever...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    JinxJinx Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    I want to find an F-Zero AX machine just once in my life, so I can unlock the other tracks on my F-Zero GX.

Jinx on
    The Guitar Zeros << My friend's rad band that everyone should <3
    linkstick.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    The machine is pretty awesome, you won't be let down. Well, you might be let down if you don't have a memory card with licensed vehicles on it. Heh heh heh. It'd be very cool to try and beat each other's times.

I did manage to get my F-Zero GX to PAX, but I did not play it because I did the terrible deed of forgetting my own memory card at home. Blah.

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    There are some AX machines in Washington State. Theres a couple in Gameworks, (Downtown Seattle) but those are the standard ones where the seat doesn't move. There's also one in Tacoma Narrows Plaza Bowl & Entertainment Center, (Tacoma) and thats one of the nice Deluxe ones.

They might be able to get the one from Narrows, as I hear the owner is a very nice fellow and he'd probably want to support PAX.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    TheMountieTheMountie Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    gameworks = good idea to play it on weekdays

narrows = bring a gun and your homies, you will get shot.

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    TheMountie wrote:
    narrows = bring a gun and your homies, you will get shot.
    Why do you say that?

Theres nothing really horrible about that area...

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    TheMountieTheMountie Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    the two times i was there, one guy got kniffed, the other got shot.

....not inside of course.
    but within the area, like..parking lot.

i got scared.

for my life.

and my unborn children.

TheMountie on
    Dear PAX, next year may i have an enforcer shirt instead of just a staff badge. Love, Tyler.
  • Options
    sPider817sPider817 Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2004
    Dude, having kids just means you have to buy THEM games too. Uncool games, like Sesame Street COunting and shit like that. DOn't have kids. Spend all the money on yourself. Oh, and F-Zero AX would be fuckin metal. I've never gotten to play it because DFW sucks for arcades.

sPider817 on
    Battlenet: s314der#1279 XBL: s314der YouTube
    Twitch Wed-Sun, 2-5pm CST
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    Since they've established themselves after this first year, they'll probably be able to talk to Nintendo of America and get their hands on an F-Zero AX machine that way. Playing the one inside NoA HQ was pretty awesome when I got to do that. A little wierd using those little yellow flipper things behind the steering wheel for air brakes, but I guess it was okay. Incredibly awesome just having a Big Blue Button in the middle of the wheel that says "Boost" though.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    I heard that Nintendo were being total pricks about PAX. They've always done things a certain way, and I guess an event thrown by fans for fans isn't something they feel deemed their attention. Makes me kind of glad I'm getting an XBOX in the next couple weeks.

sPider817 on
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited September 2004
    sPider817 wrote:
    I heard that Nintendo were being total pricks about PAX. They've always done things a certain way, and I guess an event thrown by fans for fans isn't something they feel deemed their attention. Makes me kind of glad I'm getting an XBOX in the next couple weeks.

I hadn't heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me. It always irks me not to see equal representation of the various consoles, but Microsoft paid well and gets massive props from me (and probably everyone who attended) for being willing to shell out for the fans. Nintendo and Sony, well, they missed the boat, and it wasn't just a normal boat either it was one of those badass Willa Wonka-style super boats.

Fable and Conker, which I'd basically dismissed, are now high on my "must rent" list (though Fable will probably be purchased after a while) and Forza, which I hadn't heard of, is now a must buy. Halo 2 is just more of the same, but I know at least ten different people who are going to pick it up so I'll be playing that as well.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Actually, I'm the complete opposite. Forza didn't look anywhere nearly as nice as Gran Turismo 4, Conker just looks like a rehash of the N64 version with REALLY over-saturated colors. Fable, I will admit looks pretty cool. ANd Halo 2 will be in my hands as soon as I can afford a copy.

sPider817 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Having never bought the N64 version of Conker, Im fine with it being a graphically updated rehash, gives me another chance to play it. And I thought Forza looked quite cool, its just a shame they didnt have the car customization mentioned in previews in the demo, I want to check that shit out...

And I wasnt going to get Mechassault 2 since I hated the first one, but after trying it at PAX I think I may have to get it, since it doesnt suck this time.

And yes, wveryone with an Xbox needs to own Halo 2. Didnt get to try fable, but ill rent it, and if the combat system isnt a peice of shit like alot of RPGs(Im looking at your Morrowind, why did I buy that crap!?), then Ill buy it.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    People keep giving me shit because I'm all gaga over Halo still, but what they don't realize is that for the first 2+ years of the XBOX's existence, all I had to go on for Halo was pictures and videos. I didn't really have a huge desire to play until a few months ago when some friends introduced me to Red vs. Blue, then to the XBOX, which I have now grown quite fond of for the Halo. So, what the majority of the community finds as an old, tired game that they're jaded on, it's all new to me. Shit, I've got 3 years worth of gaming to catch up on.

sPider817 on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Might I suggest picking up Otogi, Ninja Gaiden, Chronicles of Riddick, Midtown Madness 3(if you have Live), KOTOR(if you dont have the PC version), and Prince of Persia(if you dont have the GC or PS2 version)... If you havnt gotten any of those already...

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Beat PoP on my GC, and KOTOR wouldn't install properly on my PC for some reason. I don't think I'm l337 enough to control Mr. Hayabasa, but I don't mind a game being frustratingly difficult. It just improves the hand eye coordination when it comes time to control giant robots in the future.

sPider817 on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2004
    I want to find an F-Zero AX machine just once in my life, so I can unlock the other tracks on my F-Zero GX.

Everything u unlock using the AX machine u can unlock without it. You just have to beat all the story modes and grand prix on the hardest difficultys, and i am so proud to say i have done this. (pats self on back) :P

Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Speaking of accomplishments,
    Anyone know how to snake? Or anything about it?

Ezekiel Zelias Chaos on
    heh heh heh
  • Options
    FrodoelfFrodoelf Registered User regular
    edited September 2004

Yeah, i believe they took the ability to do that out of the american version. Though I'm not sure. It basically consists of going completely out of control while staying in control. Kinda like some sort of zen voodoo yoda f-zero tactics.

Frodoelf on
  • Options
    edited September 2004
    Frodoelf wrote:

Yeah, i believe they took the ability to do that out of the american version. Though I'm not sure. It basically consists of going completely out of control while staying in control. Kinda like some sort of zen voodoo yoda f-zero tactics.
    Something like that...

Doesn't it involve pressing the L/R triggers alternating really fast? And being in a really heavy car? Thats all I've heard about it, anyway.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    Red Machine DRed Machine D __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2004
    I was extremely disappointed by Fable, but Conker wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Forza Motorsport was good, but not Gran Turismo good. Matrix Online is just another MMO. Ghost Recon 2 was pretty good, and Men of Valor fucking owns me.

Red Machine D on