Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

PAC-MAN

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    I bought this without reading any impressions because surely they couldn't mess up pac man but folks I think they messed up pac man

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    If everyone gets CE DX on Steam instead, the leaderboards will be active again

6F32U1X.png
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I bought this without reading any impressions because surely they couldn't mess up pac man but folks I think they messed up pac man

polite disagree

i'm not sure if i like this or DX better but i love both

I should hope they give this a dx update with a dx ruleset

PNk1Ml4.png
  • NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    I have a Pac-Man Arcade cabinet from my grandparent's resturaunt. Still works too.

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    A dude I work with had a pac man lighter. I borrowed it about a year ago to light a smoke and accidentally pocketed it, and a while later he asked me "hey man, you have my lighter?"

"Shit, yeah, I might. What did it look like?"

"It's the man with Wakka Man on it."

I pulled it out and stared at him mutely. "Wakka Man?"

"Yeah, you know. Wakka wakka wakka wakka, that's what he says. Wakka man!"

Dude makes video games for a living and doesn't know pac man's name. What the actual fuck.

8406wWN.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i don't think ce 2 is bad but i think it very actively tries to be a different style of game and it's kind of a sucker punch if you were into the previous entries

it's kind of like going from one final fantasy to another - the core conceit of a jrpg, but ultimately very different systems

i also suspect that single train might be the worst mode in the new ruleset and starting you on it is a mistake

liEt3nH.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    A dude I work with had a pac man lighter. I borrowed it about a year ago to light a smoke and accidentally pocketed it, and a while later he asked me "hey man, you have my lighter?"

Dude makes video games for a living and doesn't know pac man's name. What the actual fuck.

should have given him back a Fozzie the bear lighter

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Crap, CE2 is out already? How much?

And is there a demo? The mixed opinions don't give me the confidence of the previous ones.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »
    I have a Pac-Man Arcade cabinet from my grandparent's resturaunt. Still works too.

awesome

I would like to one day get one of those pacman cabinets that is a table you can eat/put your cold cold brew on

f2ojmwh3geue.png
    Who in the world thought changing the camera angle when you eat a ghost train was a good idea

I would like to speak to them

they were wrong

6F32U1X.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    NeoToma wrote: »

awesome

I would like to one day get one of those pacman cabinets that is a table you can eat/put your cold cold brew on

cocktail cabinets are really neat

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
    My kingdom for a 4-player Warlords cocktail machine

6F32U1X.png
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    Mr. G wrote: »
    Who in the world thought changing the camera angle when you eat a ghost train was a good idea

I would like to speak to them

they were wrong

yeah all these jump cuts are awful. I'm constantly losing where the hell fuc man is.

you don't look AT your pac man when you play pac man you look at where your pac man is supposed to go and in this your pac man constantly gets bumped and moved.

Magic Pink on
    Eating a ghost train in dx was awesome but I think it was a mistake to build your entire game so directly around it that you only get a power pellet after building a meter and then you get a cutscene when eating

PNk1Ml4.png
    Eating a ghost train in dx was awesome but I think it was a mistake to build your entire game so directly around it that you only get a power pellet after building a meter and then you get a cutscene when eating

It is actually more effective when they don't call attention to it

6F32U1X.png
  • wanderingwandering Russia state-affiliated media Registered User regular
    God the worst part is when two trains are right behind each other and during the cutscene you just skip over the second one

And who thought ghost bumping was better than ghost slowdown

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    wait so do ghosts not kill pac-man in the modren pac-mans

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular

the do in ce and cedx

don't know about the new one

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group

You can bump em 3 times and then they get mad and will chase you, if you touch them when mad you die

PNk1Ml4.png

You can bump em 3 times and then they get mad and will chase you, if you touch them when mad you die

ah I see

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular

I hope you fired him.

BLM - ACAB

ah I see

it is a travesty

I'm not even seeing this as a follow-up to CE or CE DX

If they called it something else, I think people would be a lot nicer to it

I'm seeing this as a Pac-Man puzzle game

6F32U1X.png
  • DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    I don't think CE2 is a bad game or anything

But

If you've gave me the choice between CE2 or DX getting ported to the PS4, there's no way in Hell I'd pick CE2

• RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    The Geek wrote: »

I hope you fired him.

I did!

Out of a cannon!

Into a wall!

8406wWN.png
    The Geek wrote: »

I hope you fired him.

I did!

Out of a cannon!

Into a wall!

waka waka

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I have played that pac-man adventure game

it's...not super great? it has this weird mechanic where pac-man has moods that you need to manipulate

like, if he's scared, he won't be as willing to jump ledges

I do remember that you can get him SUPER PISSED OFF and it was goddamn hilarious, they really effectively managed to convey that manic kind of anger where you're just like SURE WHAT THE FUCK WHY NOT WITH THIS, HAHAHAHA YEAH JUST KEEP IT COMING, GODDAMN UNIVERSE

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Hoping we at least get Galaga Legions 2 out of this, if nothing else.

A new Dig Dug that follows suit would be nice, too.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifINPoYqL.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited September 2016
    ITS LITERALLY A BABY

A baby would never stand like that. That is clearly an adult Pac-man dressed as a baby

Brovid Hasselsmof on
    Man, I finally had to uninstall CE2 last night. What an awful game.

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    I dunno if this just hasn't clicked with me yet or what.

DX+ certainly clicked with me faster.

Bouncing off the ghosts just feels bad. The turning doesn't feel as good. But it isn't a bad game imo. Just not the best.

Uriel wrote: »

Bouncing off the ghosts just feels bad.

That's easily my biggest issue with it; that and not being able to eat a ghost train unless you hit the head.

It's all so insanely frustrating.

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    CE 2 forces you to predict ghost paths more than dx ever did

That's such a big part of pac-man that it makes sense they'd want to make it a focus again but I also get why it's a turn off to people who played CE/DX

CE 2 forces you to predict ghost paths more than dx ever did

That's such a big part of pac-man that it makes sense they'd want to make it a focus again but I also get why it's a turn off to people who played CE/DX

It forces you to predict ghosts more than PAC-MAN did. That fucking trail goes against every instinct that you have from literally every other arcade pac-man and the kicker is normally in CE2 you don't pay attention to them at all because the game is so fast and you just bump them anyway.

• UrielUriel Registered User regular
    Yeah predicting ghost patterns is cool and all and an important part of the original that was kind of lacking in DX+.

I'm not against non lethal obstacles in a pacman game either, it's just bouncing off them fucks up your game so much and feels so frustrating and bad I'd almost rather it be lethal because at least then I could just fail out and restart my run.

And eating ghost trains is just, I dunno, not as cool. Like I like the new visual effects and stuff but it isn't as satisfying because having to hit it in the head with such good timing is difficult, and hitting them in the minions is so easy, and sometimes if you get caught in the train you luck into getting bumped into the head which just feels like a glitch or something. The whole experience isn't as satisfying.

Play on extreme

Ghosts only allow one bump so you just go through them as they reposition to chase you

• NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    I have played that pac-man adventure game

it's...not super great? it has this weird mechanic where pac-man has moods that you need to manipulate

like, if he's scared, he won't be as willing to jump ledges

I do remember that you can get him SUPER PISSED OFF and it was goddamn hilarious, they really effectively managed to convey that manic kind of anger where you're just like SURE WHAT THE FUCK WHY NOT WITH THIS, HAHAHAHA YEAH JUST KEEP IT COMING, GODDAMN UNIVERSE

Which is pretty good considering the Truman Show hell you the the player are putting him through.