Options

[MTG]-Cataclysmic Gearhulk is Awful and I Hate It And You Should Too

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Is Dovin evil? I know he's with the Consulate, and thus against Pia and chandra, but I wasn't under the impression that the consulate was inherently evil, just that they had evil elements within them (Baral, Tezzeret)

I'm not entirely up to date with the story, so I might be missing something

I hope he's not evil, it would make me sad if the nice blue man wasn't actually nice

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    The BetgirlThe Betgirl I'm Molly! Registered User regular
    Dovin was in with Tezzerets plan to steal all the inventions at the fair in today's story

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    aw, boo.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    all dictatorships are inherently evil

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Stop telling me bad things about my nice blue man!

• Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    all dictatorships are inherently evil

I maintain it's possible to establish a sensible, good authoritarian state

it's impossible to maintain such a state (usually it goes to pot after the first, good leader dies), but you could have one for a little while

wouldn't be surprised if that's the consulate's origin story

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    PinfeldorfPinfeldorf Yeah ZestRegistered User regular

It turns out Dovin Baan is actually a regular ass human who had been cosplaying as Tobias Funke his whole life because he didn't want anyone to think him wearing Daisy Dukes was otherwise suspicious.

• Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    Dovin was just trying to "steal" the noncompliant items and learn from the marquee ones. He was doing objectively good things. /s

Klendy on
    goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Pinfeldorf wrote: »

It turns out Dovin Baan is actually a regular ass human who had been cosplaying as Tobias Funke his whole life because he didn't want anyone to think him wearing Daisy Dukes was otherwise suspicious.

"There are Dovins of us!

Dovins!"

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    so I got scg regionals coming up this weekend and it's pretty much right in my backyard

rw vehicles is probably what I'm gonna go with, as I have a burning need to both turn dudes sideways and cast flaggschiff des konsuls now that all my boats match

just not sure how much of a believer I am in rg when I have everything for this too

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KalTorak wrote: »

"There are Dovins of us!

Dovins!"

mods???

• Options
    so I got scg regionals coming up this weekend and it's pretty much right in my backyard

rw vehicles is probably what I'm gonna go with, as I have a burning need to both turn dudes sideways and cast flaggschiff des konsuls now that all my boats match

just not sure how much of a believer I am in rg when I have everything for this too

Don't forget your Turbo Strassenkruzers.

• Options
    so it turns out all of you who badmouthed my nice blue man were wrong! You all forgot to read the epilogue to today's story. I posted it here, so you can see the truth!!
    "Ha ha ha!" Tezzeret laughed evilly. "I have stolen all of the inventions, and now I will build a super aether cannon that will destroy the whole plane!" He grinned, also evilly. "Truly, this is my moment of evil triumph."

Then the gatewatch showed up. "I will stop you!" Chandra said not evilly, and also she was on fire.

"Not so fast!" said Tezzeret, again evilly. "I have a spell that will kill you!", he said as he prepared a spell that will kill Chandra.

Then Tezzeret's head exploded.

"Yes", said Dovin Baan, "I was actually working against him all along because I am a good guy. Also I arrested Baral. And destroyed the Phyrexians."

"Wow," said Chandra, "you are such a nice blue man!"

And then everyone was happy!

• Options
    Wow, when is WOTC gonna hire you??

Steam PSN: YerFriendMolly
    ineedmayo.com Eidolon Journal Updated
  • Options
    I do not know what you are talking about! That is the real, authentic epilogue, as posted on the official site!

• Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular

and my Schmuggler-Kopter

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    I'm really crossing my fingers that Baral will be a legendary creature in Aether Revolt. I've got a fondness for a good death trap.

• Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular

and my Schmuggler-Kopter

At GP Atlanta my friend and I saw a Smuggler's Copter for only $12. My friend asked why it was so low, and the response he got was "I bought a German one by mistake." We hadn't even noticed; the name is so similar our minds just glossed over it.

So now my friend owns a Schmuggler-Kopter because mise.

• Options
    WearingglassesWearingglasses Of the friendly neighborhood variety Registered User regular
    Okay, six pack Kaladesh sealed with five other peeps in Saturday. What do I need to remember? Copter = good. Trains = good but not too many. Angel of Invention = lovely.

• Options
    Make sure the train is renegade freighter! Aradara express is Not Good

• Options
    And remember if you first-pick an Aradara Express, you are required to start humming this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gEdQ5KpY8Y

• Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    I'm really excited for Friday because I want to see decks other than w/r vehicles and i want to copy wholecloth a fun one and play it

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    something something metallurgic summons something part the waterveil

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    KlendyKlendy Goomy GoomyGoomyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2016
    i went 0-3 in my league last night, after winning game 1, not being able to win game 2, then timing out because of stalled boardstates and not seeing my minister of inquiries in time to mill out my opponent. Also got to 40 life with aetherflux reservoir and couldn't seal the deal in my first bout. :(

Matches 2 and 3 my opponents each had and saw smuggler's copter in all three games and oof, man I could not keep up.

Klendy on
    goomyisall400.jpg

• Options
    nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Anybody know when the PT starts?

Quire.jpg
  • Options

Coverage kicks off at 3pm Eastern Friday.

• Options
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I kind of want to run blue energy of some sort just so I can main deck Aether Meltdown against Copters.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Yeah, fuck Smuggler's Copter!

*trawls eBay for a cheap playset*

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    The Escape GoatThe Escape Goat incorrigible ruminant they/themRegistered User regular
    I should probably get around to selling my copter, flip it into a gearhulk or two.

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options
    electrostatic pummeler also hype spiking now like metallurgic summonings did

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Vyolynce wrote: »

I have a pptq Saturday and no idea what to play. This'll be fun.

Quire.jpg
  • Options

I'm guessing in some sort of green combo shell that keeps it alive with blossoming defense and then larger than lifes it for massive damage?

9uiytxaqj2j0.jpg
  • Options

Problem there is that they kick off with draft, so you won't see a Standard deck until like 7-8pm.

• Options

I'm guessing in some sort of green combo shell that keeps it alive with blossoming defense and then larger than lifes it for massive damage?

It's a green/red deck that uses larger than life and uncaged fury, as well as blossoming defense when you gotta

I don't know the exact list but that's the general combo pieces

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Problem there is that they kick off with draft, so you won't see a Standard deck until like 7-8pm.

4 or 5. Lucky me I live in Cali.

Gonna be stressful still.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular

It's a green/red deck that uses larger than life and uncaged fury, as well as blossoming defense when you gotta

That was one of Kenji's decks

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »

That was one of Kenji's decks

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/archetype/standard-rg-29498#online

It's been putting up some results as pummeler decks don't give a shit about copter, you just attack for 20+ on turn 4.

Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    Man this format is the combo leaning that we've had in a long time. Maybe none of it will work out but there are just a lot of cards that seem built to combo. EM and KLD are chocked full of enablers and energy is perfect for getting out a stupid amount of value quicker than is fair.

Quire.jpg
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    after one match, I have decided that Panharmonicon is stupid and awesome
    DJGSFYZ.jpg

Unfortunately he stole my Decoction Module. Each of those triggers still spawned at least two other trigger. And before that I think I drew 10 cards with Armorcraft Judge.

This discussion has been closed.