As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Out-of-Town Gamestop Gave Me the Wrong Game

Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the SunRegistered User regular
So yesterday I tried to buy Demon's Souls from Gamestop, but they mistakenly put a Dark Souls disc in the case. I would take it back to them, but that store was in a city 4 hours away, so that's not an option.

Do I call the store I bought it from? Do I call the corporate line? Or do I try to see if my local Gamestop can do anything about it?

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    How close is the local Gamestop? If it's not too far out of your way stop by with the receipt and see if they can get you the game you bought.
    If they can't call the one you bought it from and see if they can do anything for you without you making an 8 hour round trip.
    If they say no, then it's time to go for the corporate line, or complain about it on Facebook.

• Options
    AresProphetAresProphet Registered User regular
    I did this same thing many years ago with a Neverwinter Nights expansion. took it to a local GameStop and they swapped it just fine.

if you try that and they give you a hard time PM me. I might be able to help.

ex9pxyqoxf6e.png
  • Options
    Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    Success! I explained the situation, they decided to call the other store and got put on hold for awhile. While they were waiting, they decided to give me their copy of the game rather than having me wait for the other store to mail it to me. And they gave me the latest Pokemon code. Thanks for the advice, y'all.

This discussion has been closed.