As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Good Place] Like a Wave Returning to the Ocean

• Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    "Did the Frankenstein I was making coming alive?" got me good.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Last week I was idly browsing trolley problem memes, and found to my surprise that my wife (despite spending tons of time on Twitter memes) had never heard of it

So I described it to her and then we spent an hour or so browsing trolley memes and laughing

As we were going to bed she sleepily mumbled "man this had to have been in an episode of the The Good Place. Was it in one of the earlier ones I missed?"

I told her that no, it surprisingly hadn't been in there yet.

We watched Thursday's episode last night and she sat straight up on the couch and yelled I FUCKING KNEW IT as soon as Chidi began his lecture and sat there with a smug smile the entire night.

10/10

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Janet is glitching because
    she still has feelings for Jason. It happens every time she is directly confronted with Tahani and Jason's love.
    isn't Janet not supposed to have genuine feelings? I thought that was the glitch,
    That Janet was accidentally (due to all the resets) becoming too much of a person with like real feelings and shit. Like every time she admits to genuinely feeling anything something weird happens. She isnt supposed to be afraid,
    Yet she fears for the neighborhood and that is the malfunction

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Sorce wrote: »
    Gag Reel for S1. NSFW for language.

https://youtu.be/ZvTv6KzLczQ
    This is easily one of the best gag reels I've seen for anything.

"Look Michael, a witch."

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

"Look Michael, a witch."

"burn her"

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Sleep wrote: »
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Janet is glitching because
    she still has feelings for Jason. It happens every time she is directly confronted with Tahani and Jason's love.
    isn't Janet not supposed to have genuine feelings? I thought that was the glitch,
    That Janet was accidentally (due to all the resets) becoming too much of a person with like real feelings and shit. Like every time she admits to genuinely feeling anything something weird happens. She isnt supposed to be afraid,
    Yet she fears for the neighborhood and that is the malfunction
    This is one of those times where I think they're going to confound expectations.

The obvious answer is that it has to do with Jason and Tahani becoming a thing, because that's when it started, so it's a simple matter to see a pattern there. But it could just as easily be a number of other things, like a Good Janet spending too much time in the Bad Place,
    and finally starting to hit critical mass, or nothing to do with Janet at all, like Michael finally starting to grow attached to the humans, which is causing his creation designed to torture the people he is now starting to care for,
    unstable.

Javen on
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    The thing that gets me about this show is that I leave each episode with a huge feeling of simply being impressed. Impressed by the humour and characters and performances sure, but more unusually for a sitcom, by the plotting, writing and concept. It is SUCH a smart show, and working in writing / entertainment I totally envy how they’re constantly changing things up and reinventing what the show is about whilst remaining internally consistent and true to the overarching narrative and themes put forward in the very first episode.

Like seriously, some episodes I just want to stand up and fucking applaud when they finish.

ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Arch wrote: »
    Last week I was idly browsing trolley problem memes, and found to my surprise that my wife (despite spending tons of time on Twitter memes) had never heard of it

So I described it to her and then we spent an hour or so browsing trolley memes and laughing

As we were going to bed she sleepily mumbled "man this had to have been in an episode of the The Good Place. Was it in one of the earlier ones I missed?"

I told her that no, it surprisingly hadn't been in there yet.

We watched Thursday's episode last night and she sat straight up on the couch and yelled I FUCKING KNEW IT as soon as Chidi began his lecture and sat there with a smug smile the entire night.

10/10

i think you mean 8/13

• Options
    OneAngryPossumOneAngryPossum Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    The thing that gets me about this show is that I leave each episode with a huge feeling of simply being impressed. Impressed by the humour and characters and performances sure, but more unusually for a sitcom, by the plotting, writing and concept. It is SUCH a smart show, and working in writing / entertainment I totally envy how they’re constantly changing things up and reinventing what the show is about whilst remaining internally consistent and true to the overarching narrative and themes put forward in the very first episode.

Like seriously, some episodes I just want to stand up and fucking applaud when they finish.

It’s fucking mind blowing, isn’t it? There are so many balls in the air and plates spinning that none of it should work, but somehow it does. You can tell when a creative team has some fire in them, and that pays off in spades.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »

"Look Michael, a witch."
    I'm definitely in the bad place. Click link, geoblocked. Forking NBC Universal. This kind of proprietary crap is bullshirt.

Geoblocking HAS to be worth a bucketload of negative points.

I want my gag reel, darnit!

• Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    Hmm, I followed a link from the SE TV thread and was able to watch, but this one is also giving me a geoblocked message. Not sure if they're different sources or if NBC just got on this now and you missed your shot.

(It was a pretty good gag reel.)

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    Someone DMCA'd the video. It's gone now. :(

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    As soon as I saw the name of the Trolley Problem episode, I knew exactly what we were in for.

This show never disappoints me.

I think Ugly Red Boots Professor is my favorite side character.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I was wondering how hard it was to use fork

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    As an aside, on the strength of Kristen Bell's performance in this I finally got around to viewing Veronica Mars, and in my head canon it's a prequel series.

I bet Lily Kane's murderer turns out to be Trevor.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    As an aside, on the strength of Kristen Bell's performance in this I finally got around to viewing Veronica Mars, and in my head canon it's a prequel series.

I bet Lily Kane's murderer turns out to be Trevor.

Nah, but Adam Scott does guest star in an episode in the first season.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I'm going with Veronica and Eleanor being separated-at-birth twins. Veronica discovered that she was adopted, and tracked down her long lost twin. Eleanor reacted with "You don't know me, chicky. What, you think that you're better than me? Screw off." Two hours later, Eleanor died. Veronica was the only person to attend her sister's funeral, which was sad, because it reduced the possibility of wacky mistaken-identity hijinks.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    OK, so, let's give both Danson and Carden Emmys.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    I am always down for a little
    Zooks[/spoiler

• Options
    Also NBC picks up Thursday Night football soon so next week's is the last new episode until 2018.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Also NBC picks up Thursday Night football soon so next week's is the last new episode until 2018.
    FORK

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    there were some great lines this ep

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    I LOVE THIS GODDAMN SHOW

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited October 2017
    Oh god, a two month hiatus.

Given that I just started binging this a week before this season started, this will be the longest I've ever gone without a steady stream of The Good Place.

I...

I might not survive this.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    As if Thursday Night Football weren't shitty enough. Though the season would be over by like Christmas without it.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2017
    Chidi's seen had me DYING

he's just.... so patient

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

Aw geez, we don't even get American football over here, so we have a two month hiatus for literally nothing.

I mean nothingness is still better than American football, but still.

broken image link
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    That was terrific. The show isn't quite as fast-paced as in the first season in the sense of the status quo constantly being upended but I really like that we're getting these two-hander episodes focusing on one particular relationship after another - and letting these pairs of actors really shine - and I think it's doing a lot of story setup that will pay dividends down the road.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i think its actually an advantage of the ridiculous plot momentum - when they take a breather, you are constantly interrogating it for occult meaning in case it is either a crypto-change or carries the seeds of one

and then if it is neither of those things it is a surprise anyway THOSE CUNNIN DEVILS

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    2017 has made me feel a lot like Janet
    KILL ME KILL ME KILL ME

• Options
    I love this show
    And adding Rafi makes it that much better

• Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I love this show
    Anyone else guess it was him the second he popped up, long before he turned around?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I love this show
    Anyone else guess it was him the second he popped up, long before he turned around?

As soon as I saw his hair from behind I knew it was him and immediately became giddy

• Options
    edited October 2017
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Oh god, a two month hiatus.

Given that I just started binging this a week before this season started, this will be the longest I've ever gone without a steady stream of The Good Place.

I...

I might not survive this.
    Where are you seeing this?

Edit - Oh derp the football thing. They aren't moving its timeslot?

Henroid on
  • Options
    RhinocerousRhinocerous Registered User regular

That is some serious bullshirt.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    TV hibernates, nothing new. Sadly.

• Options
    abotkinabotkin Registered User regular
    I am constantly amazed at just how much I love this show, and that it consistently just keeps going with phenomenal episodes one after another.

steam_sig.png
    3DS: 0963-0539-4405
  • Options
    WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Oh my god all the pudding puns. Custard's Last Flan? I Tought I saw a Puddin Vat? A Few Pudd Men? Panna Cotta Da Vida? I love this show so much.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    Pana cotta da vida is...sublime

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Jason Manzukas is one of my favorite people. I with he got to play something other than Rafi though. More like how he is in "How Did This Get Made"

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    I like to ART