As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

USA Presidential Election 2016: And here we are.

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Always forwards, guys

Even when it's hard

Especially when it's hard - that's when it matters the most

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    I can run next term. I'm going to run on the platform of I'm a guy in the internet who isn't Donald Trump.

hey that's my platform!

Run together.

• Options
    And for what it's worth, Canada is rooting for you

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I can run next term. I'm going to run on the platform of I'm a guy in the internet who isn't Donald Trump.

hey that's my platform!

Run together.

Alright but I get to be president

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    Raijin strikes me as more of the Biden type anyway.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular
    cobb county GA did wind up turning blue, just barely

that's uh.... it's not very much. but it's nice to know.

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

This is one of the nicest things ever said about me.

• Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Gundi wrote: »
    I have uh just been watching Animal Planet and goofy pet shows for the past four hours. I need this. It helps.

I'm glad we had time to make Planet Earth II before Trump backs out of every climate deal ever

After the bomb drops, all that will remain are cockroaches. And one badass iguana that juked its way out of the blast.

camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Theodore FlooseveltTheodore Floosevelt proud parent of eight beautiful girls and shalmelo dorne (which is currently being ruled by a woman (awesome role model for my daughters)) #dornedadRegistered User regular

a quickfoot, biden his time? now I've heard of everything

f2ojmwh3geue.png
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

I hope we survive long enough to vote again

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    God I'm so glad Dan Ryckert mentioned he put his latest book, The Dumbest Kid in Gifted Class, out a few days ago.

Could use a few laughs right about now.

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    The thing that keeps getting me is that on the ballot was the status quo and hate.

And the nation picked hate.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    And pretty much all liberal ballot initiatives passed.

The Democrats really need to take note that as their party keeps losing, all their policies keep winning.

And the DNC needs to be cleaned house. Completely and utterly. From the very bottom up.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    Fuck the KKK. They were beaten when they were much more powerful, and they will be beaten again.

kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The thing that keeps getting me is that on the ballot was the status quo and hate.

One things for sure, people were definitely tired of the status quo

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I am watching the first GB Mario Party Party. It is making me feel better.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options

Actually, Hillary won the popular vote

The Nation didn't pick hate

The system is just set up to allow it to flow

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

This is mine. I made this during a simpler time.

• Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    My mother dies and two weeks later we elect a very bad person. This year is the worst.

:bro:

Thanks for this and the folks who hit a reaction. Tearing up a bit over here.

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Tasteticle wrote: »

Actually, Hillary won the popular vote

The Nation didn't pick hate

The system is just set up to allow it to flow

low dem voter turnout is a bigger problem than the electoral college itself in this case

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    One of my co-workers got me a day-by-day calendar last Christmas. It has inspirational quotes for every day of the year. Here were Tuesday and Wednesday's

Nov 8: "What counts now is not just what we are against, but what we are for. Who leads us is less important than what leads us--what convictions, what courage, what faith--win or lose." -Adlai Stevenson, American statesman

Nov 9: "I'm still here!" -Stephen Sondheim, American lyricist & composer, "I'm Still Here," from Follies

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    This worldwide wave of nationalism is utterly terrifying.

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I just heard a coworker say, "I'm just sad I don't get to watch Celebrity Apprentice anymore"

It's just a big fucking joke to people.

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular

This made me laugh for the first time since last night, and I hope it helps you.

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I think things will be okay. They'll be bad, but I don't think it's the end of the world quite yet.

I need to believe that in 2 months the world isn't beginning to end. I need to believe that. Otherwise I might have a heart attack at some point.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Jesus, the Louisiana vote didn't get 50%, so there's a runoff election on December 10th for senator. There's still a chance David Duke ends up in the senate.

• Options
    QuirkyLittleTyrantQuirkyLittleTyrant A Mug Featuring Pichu On A Cloud Registered User regular
    Thanks for being here, thread, because I think I just might have otherwise screamed and vomited myself to death.

It's nice to know the world isn't filled with horrible individuals and that some people also like logic and compassion, somewhere out there.

PSN ID: Khrysocome
    Steam: ZappRowsdower
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    Jesus, the Louisiana vote didn't get 50%, so there's a runoff election on December 10th for senator. There's still a chance David Duke ends up in the senate.

God

DAMMIT

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    The world isn't going to end. The United States isn't going to collapse.

We're going to have some tough times and the LGBTQ community is going to lose a lot of what they've thought for but it's important we endure so that in two years, when the chance to make a difference presents itself again, we are ready to stand up and make the changes.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    Well, at least McCrory is most likely gone so NC will be a little bit less of a shithole.

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

We're going to have some tough times and the LGBTQ community is going to lose a lot of what they've thought for but it's important we endure so that in two years, when the chance to make a difference presents itself again, we are ready to stand up and make the changes.

A Trump SC Justice means there will be no liberal policies for at least a decade.

That's to say nothing of the SC rolling back abortion rights, voting rights, gun control laws, same-sex marriage, the ACA will be repealed probably Day 1....

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    Still, all we can do at this point is fix what we can fix when the opportunity presents itself.

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

Just the top two participate in the runoff, if I'm not mistaken.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

The US will be fine way over there on your own, but the rest of us have a real threat of war to deal with

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I think things will be okay. They'll be bad, but I don't think it's the end of the world quite yet.

Well, we're already sort of lagging behind on climate change, to say the least, and your President-Elect thinks that's a Chinese plot.

Granted, that won't be the end of the world. Just the end of a lot of people living on its surface.

• Options
    rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Guys don't forget we still have the filibuster. Some of the biggest craziest shit still won't go through. And even with conservative justices it will be difficult to overturn precedent.

I'm honestly more worried about the things Trump has direct control over.

• Options
    tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    The world reacts: Australia's opposition leader gets the news while in parliament

khjpybyyanib.jpg

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular

Thankfully this isn't correct. Only the top 2 will be voted on in December, Kennedy and Foster.

• Options
    DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    All morning I've been in a state of grief and despair, wondering if the country I loved died, or if it ever existed at all.

In the last hour it's shifted over to rage and hatred, and which I find is much more comfortable.

Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
This discussion has been closed.