As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

bugout [chat]

skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin againRegistered User regular
OKAY listen

if something bad happens

first, grab your bugout bag

it should contain all of these things, at minimum

bug-out-bag-list.jpg

then, meet at the predetermined safe house

Manley-SoYoureaDudeWhoWantstoBuildaTreeHouse-1200.jpg

once there, begin the process of setting up fair and democratic elections to ensure a peaceful transition of power after we're through the worst of it and you step down

in the meantime though

rcTigMfl.jpg

• Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    ilu skipps

are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    simonwolfsimonwolf i can feel a difference today, a differenceRegistered User regular
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    MAKE APOCALYPSES GREAT AGAIN

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    That kukri-style machete is making me dangerously tumescent.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Gooey wrote: »
    MAKE APOCALYPSES GREAT AGAIN

I honestly think I wouldn't want to be a leader in the wasteland. I'd rather Denzel it up or be like a second in command somewhere.

• Options
    knitdan wrote: »

I'm not a huge fan. I prefer the folding saw and hatchet and a field knife. I also don't live in the Jungle though.

• Options
    AiouaAioua Ora Occidens Ora OptimaRegistered User regular
    Ash is really a godawful pokemon trainer.

life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
    bad things happen, no one knows why / the sun burns out and everyone dies
  • Options
    My three stage plan for the apocalypse is p great though. I'm proud of it.

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    I've always liked the Smatchet.

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    edited November 2016

I'm not a huge fan. I prefer the folding saw and hatchet and a field knife. I also don't live in the Jungle though.

It's mostly for how cool it looks.

My current machete looks like someone made it out of a lawnmower blade.

knitdan on
  • Options

oh yeah it looks badass.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    why a kukri tho

• Options
    matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    Low energy kukri

nibXTE7.png
  • Options
    why a kukri tho

cause it sounds better that derp knife

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    Aioua wrote: »
    Can drilling platforms support their entire weight out of water?

I mean, clearly they can support some of it up high.

I'm not entirely sure, but I do believe the Troll A platform can, yes. It has to be able to take a hell of a lot of force, anyway, being that tall and in the sea.

IMG_279450798492410.jpeg

this is how much of it is above the sea when it is sitting on the ocean floor, but it's a movable structure - largest movable structure in the world still - so it has to be very very strong.

troll%20A%20tow.jpg

troll-a-the-tallest-structure-ever-moved-by-mankind-7.jpg

it is très large.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    why a kukri tho

Nerds

steam_sig.png
  • Options

s_klappspade%20mveske%20fra%20forsvaret01.jpeg

the army's shovel is the only tool you will ever need

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    I'm still torn on wanting a shotgun or not. I just don't see the practicality vs a good .22 and a rifle/pistol.

Then again I carry blackpowder rifles

• Options
    skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular

I have a gladius

just in case a legionarie comes tryin to start some shit

• Options
    edited November 2016
    Ash found a wounded pokemon.

They took it to the local professor.

HEY

ASH

YOU EVER HEARD OF A GOD DAMN POKEMON CENTER

Aioua on
    life's a game that you're bound to lose / like using a hammer to pound in screws
    fuck up once and you break your thumb / if you're happy at all then you're god damn dumb
    that's right we're on a fucked up cruise / God is dead but at least we have booze
  • Options
    I'm still torn on wanting a shotgun or not. I just don't see the practicality vs a good .22 and a rifle/pistol.

Then again I carry blackpowder rifles

hunting grouse

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    That's the one thing I'm missing is a good shovel. I don't even have a poop hole shovel.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    My bugout bag is similar to the one in the OP, except replace the shotgun with a bottle of whiskey.

And the kukri with a bottle of vodka.

And... you know what, it's actually just a sack of alcohol.

• Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    Ash is really a godawful pokemon trainer.

don't talk shit on the differently abled

it's hard training pokemon when one of your hands is a chainsaw

r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    Burnage wrote: »
    My bugout bag is similar to the one in the OP, except replace the shotgun with a bottle of whiskey.

And the kukri with a bottle of vodka.

And... you know what, it's actually just a sack of alcohol.

I will literally keep you alive if you share until we can get somewhere where I can make beer/mead

• Options
    Okay my energ is pretty low tonight and I forgot to eat

Taco Bell time!?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    That's the one thing I'm missing is a good shovel. I don't even have a poop hole shovel.

I mean it's the apocolypse.

The human population dropping by 80% will do more for than environment than burying your poop ever will.

• Options

The human population dropping by 80% will do more for than environment than burying your poop ever will.

yeah but you've still got to dig a poop hole. It's not about the environment it's about keeping your drinkable water safe once you find it.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Whoa HotS has a shitload more heroes than it did last time I played.

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular

If sewage is not working to move the waste away from the settlement, you're gonna want to bury the poop and have a very judicious record of where you buried your poops over the past year.

• Options

Taco Bell time!?

4th meal

• Options

Taco Bell time!?

Low energy duck

• Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    I'm not a survivalist. I just don't want to smell/accidentally-step-in my own poop.

• Options
    edited November 2016
    *died from drinking his own poopwater*

Aioua on
  • Options
    I absent-mindlessly typed in "what to eat" into google

And it brought up all of the restaurants around me.

Closed Now under every single one.

Places that aren't sprawling metropolises are such butts.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    my biggest hurdle is going to be a lack of tobacco but I'm in the Southeast US so I can probably get access to a tobacco farm and there's a lot of stuff I can smoke in a pipe if need be.

• Options
    It feels like Ariana Grande shouldn't be famous.

Some sort of insincere millennial hodgepodge made real.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    my biggest hurdle is going to be a lack of tobacco but I'm in the Southeast US so I can probably get access to a tobacco farm and there's a lot of stuff I can smoke in a pipe if need be.

curing tobacco is a process

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options

Can genuinely recommend the norwegian army shovel. 10 cm folded, 50 cm unfolded.

FELTSPADE%20002.JPG
    FELTSPADE%20003.JPG

I mean I actually don't know how good it is at digging, I've never dug a whole with one. But I chopped down trees, broke open padlocks, smacked an ancient battered hq tent set into submission, hammered stuff, etc etc

fits rather comfortably in a gun belt or on a webbing vest. Cost like nothing at all.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    syndalis wrote: »

curing tobacco is a process

literally 10 people at the cabin grew up farming tobacco in the summers as teenagers.

#planahead

This discussion has been closed.