As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Preseason is upon us!

• Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    So 26LP for a win is a good thing then. Woohoo

If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    20+ LP means your rank (ie metal/number) is lower than your mmr (the actual hidden number describing your relative skill level according to the system). You will always place such that your rank is a bit lower than your mmr--presumably to give players the fun/rewarding sensation of climbing ranks. And it *is* fun for a bit while you're getting +25 for a win and -13 for a loss. Eventually it'll put you at a more "correct" rank and you'll get more like +15/-15.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    Really intense game on my Smurf Account That Can Only Play Solo Lanes Such That I Become A Well-Rounded League Player: http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/2427337580/231371969?tab=overview

I did well in lane as Lux mid, absorbing ~4 ganks in 8 minutes and not dying until the last one (and went 1 for 1 on it), botlane did quite nicely (I roamed there a lot; decent map movements by me, for once!) Top was really quiet...no kills or deaths...until I look and see that the enemy Mundo is a cool 30 cs up on my Ekko.
    Oh no...
    What follows is a tough, intense game in which everyone on the enemy team is bad *except for the small problem* that Mundo can literally 1v5. It was extremely challenging. I feel like I carried though!

• Options
    Red RaevynRed Raevyn because I only take Bubble Baths Registered User regular
    The match history website is back to doing the blank white box thing, but it sounds satisfying if a bit stressful!

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    So Vitality let Misfits, on red side, get both Rengar and Camille.

That is an .. interesting strategy.

Edit: Speaking of Camille, I guess she does have some counters.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjADV4HkNOI

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Poppy can handle Camille perfectly fine, and they're on the live patch, with the toned-down Cam and Rango.

• Options
    Red Raevyn wrote: »
    The match history website is back to doing the blank white box thing, but it sounds satisfying if a bit stressful!

Oh, the moral of the story is that I had 73K damage...but the enemy Mundo had 65K! :bigfrown:

• Options
    Sprout wrote: »
    Poppy can handle Camille perfectly fine, and they're on the live patch, with the toned-down Cam and Rango.

I think the true counter to Camille is Fiora. Her Riposte (if you're able to time it) shuts her down hard if you block her Hookshot stun. Then she's sitting right in Fiora's face, and you can just power through her.

If Cam ults, Fiora ults, and then Cam dies.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Fiora loses to Camille early but it's hard to have much kill pressure as the Camille due to how trivially easy it is for the Fiora to Riposte the hookshot. So yeah I'd say Fiora is a good pick into Camille.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »

I think the true counter to Camille is Fiora. Her Riposte (if you're able to time it) shuts her down hard if you block her Hookshot stun. Then she's sitting right in Fiora's face, and you can just power through her.

If Cam ults, Fiora ults, and then Cam dies.

Illaoi is what I've had luck against Camille with.

Oh, you'd like to jump on me

welcome to my tentacle doom.

You have to be wary of the level 2 all in, but once you both have ults it's pretty bad for Camille I think

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    How do you play Illaoi? Her kit looks hilarious.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    You just lock her in on champ select and then if the enemy top laner is a melee you collect your free ELO. And you just enjoy the double kills you get when the jungler comes to gank you.

Seriously though, all I know about her is that you want to dodge her abilities and if you want to fight her you absolutely must bait her ult then disengage and fight when she doesn't have it or you're donezo.

• Options
    IvelliusIvellius Registered User regular
    How do you play Illaoi? Her kit looks hilarious.

Mostly it's about landing a kinda slow blockable skillshot in her E and then pounding the tar out of the enemy champion (if they then try to fight you) or their ghost (if they disengage). You also must make sure you're fighting near tentacles you've spawned, which means there's some setup to her gameplay. Given the difficulties in removing tentacles for melee champions, that's where you collect the LP.

I have Mastery 6 on her, but a lot of that has been in support games (partly because I don't play top very often and partly because I enjoy playing support Illaoi).

Me elsewhere:
    Steam, various fora: Ivellius
    League of Legends: Doctor Ivellius
    Twitch, probably another place or two I forget: LPIvellius
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    after that last game, they are going to have to nerf ziggs with the fist of an angry god

• Options
    Lethality Sion is hilarious, until you're playing a GP. Still was one shotting everyone else, despite my jungler screaming at me the whole time for running lethality sion "Because Sion scales AP".

• Options
    Lethality Sion is hilarious, until you're playing a GP. Still was one shotting everyone else, despite my jungler screaming at me the whole time for running lethality sion "Because Sion scales AP".

That's not even all that true.

His W and E still have AP ratios, but I don't think his Q and R do.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    Ivellius wrote: »

That's not even all that true.

His W and E still have AP ratios, but I don't think his Q and R do.

His Q and R are pure AD. Only the WE are AP. I was chunking people for ~600 with each Q that was only half charged and I two hit an Ez with my ult/Q

This was being 0/5 and down 15 CS at the time too

• Options
    SokpuppetSokpuppet You only yoyo once Registered User regular
    Spotted TSM in the wild tonight.
    Is there esports happening in Minneapolis that I don't know about?

• Options
    Hiryu02Hiryu02 Registered User regular
    I gotta say, as a top laner, there is no better feeling than watching enemy Darius back the heck away from the wave every time you move towards him. Because if he doesn't you are gonna kill him.

Even better when you're Kled and you aren't putting up with any of that Noxian unification rigamaro-lee.

Sev: Your gameplay is the most heavily yomi based around. Usually you look for characters that allow you to force guessing situations for big dmg. Even if the guess is mathematically nowhere near in your favor lol. You're happiest when you have either a 50/50, 33/33/33 or even a 75/25 situation to go crazy with. And you will take big risks to force those situations to come up.
  • Options
    Played a 52 or 53 minute long game. We were getting stomped early game, eventually it evened out after we lost an inhib and the other team got super cocky. Then from like 30-50 minutes it was a back and forth.

My Leona picked up 0 kills, but kept making picks and kept people alive with redemption/locket. It was pretty fulfilling, but I really wished I got at least one kill. She just does no damage as support

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    Played a 52 or 53 minute long game. We were getting stomped early game, eventually it evened out after we lost an inhib and the other team got super cocky. Then from like 30-50 minutes it was a back and forth.

My Leona picked up 0 kills, but kept making picks and kept people alive with redemption/locket. It was pretty fulfilling, but I really wished I got at least one kill. She just does no damage as support

Most supports do like no damage. That's not their job.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Depends on the support, right? Zyra support often ends up with most damage on her team.

• Options

This is why I play crit Thresh whenever he is free. No one expects it.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    TSM/C9
    TREE ES EM! TREE ES EM! TREE ES EM!

Also, Bjergking with the Penta.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    edited February 2017
    TSM/C9
    2nd game is embarrassing for both teams. So many misplays - macro and micro mistakes on both sides. It's no wonder we can't beat Korean teams. We continue to play these competitive matches like they are glorified solo queue.

Roz on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    TSM/C9 game 3
    5CNZ267.jpg

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited February 2017
    C9/TSM
    RIP C9-0 Memes

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    Two Flex games tonight with some friends, two S- grades on Elise. *sigh* Just a little better play and I'd have had some tokens.

On the plus side, at this rate I'll be out of Silver in 5 more games.

Me elsewhere:
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    First games in 3 months. I am a complete shitter.

• Options
    Roz wrote: »
    TSM/C9
    2nd game is embarrassing for both teams. So many misplays - macro and micro mistakes on both sides. It's no wonder we can't beat Korean teams. We continue to play these competitive matches like they are glorified solo queue.
    That game was just a clown fiesta left and right.

And Bjergsen shows why Jayce needs a nerf on his giant death ball.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Since it's a beautiful Sunday, I'm going to go stream a bunch of league games. If anyone wants to watch some Diamond jungle/support games, feel free to tune in. ( @credeiki )

twitch.tv/tortalius

Tcheldor on
  • Options
    Since it's a beautiful Sunday, I'm going to go stream a bunch of league games. If anyone wants to watch some Diamond jungle/support games, feel free to tune in. ( @credeiki )

twitch.tv/tortalius

Heads up. Your voice is coming through but your image is of the frozen character select/client screen and not the actual game.

• Options

twitch.tv/tortalius

Heads up. Your voice is coming through but your image is of the frozen character select/client screen and not the actual game.

Fixed. Thanks.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    JAEF wrote: »
    First games in 3 months. I am a complete shitter.

I loved our strategy of "Totally control all objectives for map dominance and then immediately overextend the moment we get Baron." We're obviously capable of playing at a Dignitas level in that regard.

Was a fun match though, we performed our job of aiding Swain and his massive feathered shoulders.

Would have been a much shorter and more lopsided victory if we had that Soraka though (who was the enemy MVP in a game immediately after we both complain that support isn't impactful enough).

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    Moon's oddball picks have reached their apex.

Shaco in LCS.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    Shaco is pretty strong in soloqueue, I'd be very nervous about his potential in organized play with a team that took advantage of his bullshit.

Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    I object to champion selects that encourage more Shaco in soloqueue

gah

(so interesting though in the context of pro play!)

credeiki on
  • Options
    RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    AlmostThere.JPG

O...k

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    facetious wrote: »
    Moon's oddball picks have reached their apex.

Shaco in LCS.
    TSM decided they wanted in on that action and brought back Renekton

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    Renekton's seen a bit of pro play of late, albeit not in NA.

But yeah these draughts are fascinating.

Real strong, facetious.