As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Preseason is upon us!

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I am not a Frosteey. 0/11/16 AP Janna. :(

Still won. But a 27 kill enemy Udyr is terrifying.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Sprout wrote: »
    They really need to tone down how much poke is in the new runes, or add similar amounts of survivability.

I don’t think I agree. On the whole I think champs were way too durable.

My main concern is for bottom lane - when you run into a case with two people who bring scorch/meteor pokes at level one it's just stupid how quick someone explodes. It definitely doesn't feel as bad in other lanes.

And in other news I still hate trying to lane against Vlad because he's too fucking durable.

I've being trying out Klepto/Relic shield Vayne to survive this stuff and it still pokes me out pretty effortlessly.

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    They really need to tone down how much poke is in the new runes, or add similar amounts of survivability.

My main concern is for bottom lane - when you run into a case with two people who bring scorch/meteor pokes at level one it's just stupid how quick someone explodes. It definitely doesn't feel as bad in other lanes.

And in other news I still hate trying to lane against Vlad because he's too fucking durable.

I've being trying out Klepto/Relic shield Vayne to survive this stuff and it still pokes me out pretty effortlessly.

Try fleet of foot and the resolve tree second wind/+5 mr or armor mastery?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    That needs me to give up way more damage (no lethality tumbles from domination).

The general idea is to try and just accelerate past that unwinnable early game with that build.

• Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    I want to turn down the damage on Aery. It's something I'm seeing on fucking MF all the time now.

It seems like it should be for those people who can damage and shield or heal, and that's rad, having a rune for that. But it's just being generically added as damage which seems not in the spirit of the rune.

Also you can't dodge it like the comet.

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »

Try fleet of foot and the resolve tree second wind/+5 mr or armor mastery?

But how do you make it past the early game without dying horrifically? You're vayne, you scale well and need to just keep yourself alive. If you can't CS or trade, then you'll be starved.

• Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Any recent jungle route guides anyone can point me to? I have the itch to play a little LoL and jungler is my natural position, I just need to learn the new routes.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    I want to turn down the damage on Aery. It's something I'm seeing on fucking MF all the time now.

It seems like it should be for those people who can damage and shield or heal, and that's rad, having a rune for that. But it's just being generically added as damage which seems not in the spirit of the rune.

I wonder if crossing it up would make it feel better.

Like, say, the next time you damage someone Aery will shield a nearby ally. Or when you shield or heal someone nearby, it'll go damage the closest enemy.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    KoregKoreg Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    I have had a ton of luck going buff-wolves-buff gank whichever lane I end up at. This way I'm level 3 and generally a level up on the laners

And I always try to let that lane know ahead of time in chat. If things aren't pushing quite how they ought to for a gank I ping spam while doing the crab hoping they take the hint.

Edit:. The new changes to the poachers knife are REALLY nice for lethality junglers who get even the slightest bit ahead. It's essentially 600 free gold for something you're gonna do already. Get a good gank on bot lane? Grab the large krug and run. Kill enemy jungler. Boom two easy stacks.

Koreg on
    If, if Reagan played disco He'd shoot it to shit You can't disco in Jackboots
  • Options
    GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Koreg wrote: »
    I have had a ton of luck going buff-wolves-buff gank whichever lane I end up at. This way I'm level 3 and generally a level up on the laners

And I always try to let that lane know ahead of time in chat. If things aren't pushing quite how they ought to for a gank I ping spam while doing the crab hoping they take the hint.

Edit:. The new changes to the poachers knife are REALLY nice for lethality junglers who get even the slightest bit ahead. It's essentially 600 free gold for something you're gonna do already. Get a good gank on bot lane? Grab the large krug and run. Kill enemy jungler. Boom two easy stacks.

By lethality junglers do you mean like...Kha'zix? I have no idea who is meta right now...

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Options
    I did it with Blue Kayn last night after I ruined their Shyvanna at level 3. I have a Hecarim build that goes Youmuus after trinity, which I may start buying it with him too.

• Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

The comet is barely dodgeable as is though - a lot of champs at level one have to run in a straight line to just barely get out without boots, and even a mild slow makes it always hit.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular

The hilarious thing about Aery is that, according to one of the devs, it was designed as a support keystone but it was also designed to be best on people that used to run Deathfire Touch. So it's just one of the strongest keystones in the game because of how much damage potential it adds. I've seen it used on great effect to Rengar in lane, too. In a melee vs melee matchup he can constantly get the free damage from it since there's next to no return fight in a slugfest.

I know they did nerf the damage in the previous patch, unless I'm completely confusing the PBE patch with the live patch.

butts
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    http://tsm.gg/news/farewell-doublelift
    “I'm really sad to be leaving TSM. We had a magical roster with a combo personality and success that will be hard to find again.

For me, one door closing is many more opening up. With my next team’s roster and my determination to succeed where none have been able to before, I know this path will be exciting and ambitious.

TSM is my competition now - I will make sure my next team holds the trophy - but we will always be friends.”

-Yiliang ‘Doublelift’ Peng

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWZKoHJPfzo

http://tsm.gg/news/welcome-zven-and-mithy
    As of this announcement, we have completed our final roster for the 2018 NA LCS Season. Look forward to watching the following team roster on stage next year!

Top Lane: Kevin ‘Hauntzer’ Yarnell
    Jungle: Michael ‘MikeYeung’ Yeung
    Mid Lane: Soren ‘Bjerg’ Bjergsen
    AD Carry: Jesper 'Zven' Svenningsen
    Support: Alfonso 'mithy' Aguirre Rodriguez

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozaiTkmfK2E&feature=em-uploademail

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    https://i.imgur.com/lPLZEG1.jpg

Arcane Comet Scorch W the enemy carry for 25% HP as soon as you get to lane to show them you mean business.

I need to try this immediately.

did you go cheap shot and zombie wards?

Those have been the default. Cheap Shot definitely makes your autos after the W feel good but looking at the post game stats I'm not sure the numbers back it up (200-300 damage for a 20 minute game). Taste for Blood or the movement speed could possibly replace it.

Future's Market and whatever else from Inspiration would work too. I will tell you that not many people expect to get Hextech Flash W Ignited by a Janna in a bush.

Do not take Ultimate Hat your ultimate does not deal damage.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    That Farewell Doubelift Video makes me sad. =(

And here's the other side of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7lHsughVmc

vagrant_winds on
  • Options
    So I just had the first Zoe I've seen on my team.

Does she do any damage? Despite being mid, being up in kills, she did the least amount of damage in the entire game (Including a support Leona).

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Does she do any damage? Despite being mid, being up in kills, she did the least amount of damage in the entire game (Including a support Leona).

From what I saw, her Q is mostly single-target damage (which can be eaten by creeps), I'm still figuring out her W (having trouble stealing enemy champ abilities outside of picking them up from the random creep that's been tagged), and her E is single-target and can be eaten by creeps (and her R is purely a positioning tool which can be synergized with her Q or used to E somebody who just started to run away). So yeah, she's not exactly a damaging powerhouse (from what I could tell with my first match with her).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    I just did more damage than 4/5th my hard-carry-champ team (beating a Zed, a Yi, and a Varus), gave Ardent buff, and warded 2x as much as the next highest (who was on the enemy team) as AP Janna.

Of course we lost with a lategame throw.

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

From what I saw, her Q is mostly single-target damage (which can be eaten by creeps), I'm still figuring out her W (having trouble stealing enemy champ abilities outside of picking them up from the random creep that's been tagged), and her E is single-target and can be eaten by creeps (and her R is purely a positioning tool which can be synergized with her Q or used to E somebody who just started to run away). So yeah, she's not exactly a damaging powerhouse (from what I could tell with my first match with her).

If you get a Q on someone from downtown, it's basically an old, max-range Nidalee spear for damage. The real cool thing to do with her E is to shoot it though a wall, because it gets extra range when you do that. You can set up ridiculous picks like that.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Erlkönig wrote: »

If you get a Q on someone from downtown, it's basically an old, max-range Nidalee spear for damage. The real cool thing to do with her E is to shoot it though a wall, because it gets extra range when you do that. You can set up ridiculous picks like that.

Hmm...I might have to try that. What I've been doing has been to R away from the fight, launch her Q even further away from the fight, bounce back to where she started her R, and then send the Q flying into the furball. With minimal +AP items, it's chunking about 50% of a full-health champ.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular
    It's kinda crazy to think that you can be on the team that finished number 1 in NA, be a core part of the reason why, and literally be off the team because of Worlds.

The best analogy I can come up with is being the start quarterback for your team that wins the division, but then gets knocked out the first game of the playoffs.

• Options
    Roz wrote: »
    It's kinda crazy to think that you can be on the team that finished number 1 in NA, be a core part of the reason why, and literally be off the team because of Worlds.

The best analogy I can come up with is being the start quarterback for your team that wins the division, but then gets knocked out the first game of the playoffs.

I'm wondering if money was also an issue, and whether TSM really wanted to kick him so much as there were disagreements about how to go forward.

• Options

Her Q is AOE, though it's a small aoe, it is AOE, and you use it to clear the caster minions in the backline at like level 5.

Her entire shtick is: Use E over walls to get the awesome CC set up. then you Q backward-> R forward and direct it at them-> Bam enemy takes ridiculous poke damage + true damage from the E proc. You get a ton of CDR and you just basically throw old nidalee spears all fights with 5-7 second stuns with your E.

She is NOT easy to play at all. Her win rate reflects this (despite a over 50% ban rate)

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Frosteey wrote: »
    lPLZEG1.jpg

Arcane Comet Scorch W the enemy carry for 25% HP as soon as you get to lane to show them you mean business.

Is. Is W max Janna coming back?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options

She does a pretty big spike of damage every now and then if the stars align and you're not fighting near any creeps or anyone that can body block either the sleep or the follow up shot.

Supposedly she's decent if you can manage to draft a siege comp and not lose lane horribly before you start sieging.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    CesareBCesareB Registered User regular
    Aery should NEED to alternate between damage and shielding. Or maybe just be on a much longer cool down if it's not alternating.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    So with DL on Liquid, is Piglet going to be mid, or is he gone?

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    facetious wrote: »
    So with DL on Liquid, is Piglet going to be mid, or is he gone?

Complete/Announced/Leaked:
    TSM: Hauntzer / MikeYeung / Bjergsen / Zven / Mithy
    Liquid: Impact / Xmithie / Pobelter / Doublelift / Olleh
    Echo Fox: Huni / Dardoch / Fenix / Altec / Adrian
    FlyQuest: Flame / Anda / Fly / WildTurtle / Stunt
    Optic Gaming: zig / Akaadian / PowerOfEvil / Arrow / LemonNation
    Clutch Gaming: Solo / Lira / Febiven / Apollo / Hakuho
    Golden Guardians: Lourlo / Contractz / Hai / Deftly / Matt

Incomplete/Unannounced/Unleaked:
    Cloud 9: Licorice / (Unknown) / Jensen / Sneaky / Smoothie
    CLG: Darshan / Reignover / Huhi / Stixxay / (Unknown)
    100 Thieves: Ssumday / Meteos /Ryu / (Unknown) / (Unknown)

Liquid is clearly the other best team next to TSM on paper this year.

Not announced for any team yet (NA or EU) as far as I know: Aphromoo, Biofrost, Svenskeren, Cody Sun, Froggen

• Options
    After being only mediocre last season, Hecarim is back, he is large, and he is in charge.

25/2 last game, and was basically able to dive the back line all game with impunity

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    What runes and items do you use on the pony

• Options
    What runes and items do you use on the pony

For Hecarim I rune Dark Harvest, the lethality dash, eyeball collector and the movement speed bounty. And secondary is celerity and ultimate hat.

Build is cindeehulk, Trinity, steraks, youmuus, swifties, and then Deadman plate generally.

I will get close E/youmuus then ult over the front line and finish the knock back towards my team. Between the trinity proc and Dark Harvest and the speed you generally one shot mid or ADC. Then you're in the middle of the fight to make the most out of Q.

• Options
    AhiMahiAhiMahi Registered User regular
    Ahh good old toxic aholes playing the rank games. I have forgotten all about it.

Started 2-0 after being placed in silver 2, then lose one due to AFK, win one, lose next one due to toxic top and bot then another one for same reason(different players).

This surely can't be the norm now these days? So I played one more and Rito tells me to take the night off by paring me with someone more toxic than 2 previous games.

• Options
    Just played a game with Kindred and it felt a lot better.

It could be the changes of the runes. It could be that I understand the game better than the first two months I ever played.

If only her Q applied on hit effects.

• Options
    https://www.invenglobal.com/articles/3618/cartoon-2018-na-lcs-free-agents-rift

Pretty cute comic about the current state of NA free agency.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    nooooo my beautiful FlyQuest boys are all broken up. brb crying forever.

Also I notice Balls isn't on any of the rosters, should I assume he'll probably end up teamless? I know he's not considered elite but goddamn it I like the guy. One of my all-time favourite League moments is his worlds penta on Darius, and his post-game interview where he joked about it being thanks to his practice in diamond.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    I'm getting better at Vayne. Both of my last two games I felt impactful and scary in teamfights. However in the first one I was practically the main tank for how often I'd die with my team cleaning up easily after they blew everything on me and in the second I couldn't carry hard enough with a team comp that lacked a front line. So still got work to do.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So out of curiosity - why do people refuse to ever surrender in normals no matter how badly fed the enemy team is?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy