Options

Steam - Final Winter Charity Total: $5,315.84

• Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    Just reminding kindly PA thread members.

REPOST!

Bringing back FRIDAY NIGHT GAMING!

This week, a little Terraria is in order.

terraria_logo_hd_by_dragondeplatino-d6r6e7d.png

Our goal?
    Complete the game, i.e.; beating all the bosses, in one night if possible.

How will this be done?
    Anyone can jump in-game with characters used in their previous sessions.
    Though how it's handled, and what items can be brought will vary in how many users join before friday night.

What this means, essentially, is that farming may be expedited by having components brought from users' other games.
    But getting plenty of people joining means all efforts can distributed among players without worrying about time constraints, so everyone can start from scratch.

If numbers are low, at worst, it only means bringing in high-level pickaxes, or parts difficult to farm for hard-to-get items, but NO high level or end-game weapons, armor, or accessories.

How many can join?
    The default amount of allotted users allowed is 8, but can be manually changed to 200 if the server can handle the load.
    As such, we need volunteers that are willing to host the game, as mine will run like crap.

When will it start?

This Friday of December 2nd.
    Time will at 10 PM Central/ 8 PM Pacific/ 11 PM Eastern Times

Time is subject to change as we get more people on board, so we can have the maximum amount of players once it starts.

Priority
    1. HOST: @Ianator
    2. Firebird
    3. @gBAZ
    4. @Kalnaur (maybe?)
    5. @Kai_San
    6. @LD50
    7. @Zavian
    8. @Dissociater
    9. @Pailryder
    10. @Madican
    11. @Scratchy (maybe?)
    12. @Skutskut
    13. @Doodman
    14. @Aistan

We still need someone to help take over server hosting duties, and we still have more room for those who want to still join

Just send an @ or PM if you want to join or host the server for FNG this week.

It has been a while sinsince i've actually played so i hosted up a server to mess around until we do this thing for real. If anyone is bored and wants to hop on i wouldn't mind testing if i actually "can" host
    i'm pail_ryder on steam and i popped into the PA G&T Adventure Team chat

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    My years of struggle have finally paid off; wife is here right now! So long gaming time,i guess. Unless I can convince her gaming is awesome!

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    My years of struggle have finally paid off; wife is here right now! So long gaming time,i guess. Unless I can convince her gaming is awesome!

That should be #1 on your priorities. Cause then you'd have a coop buddy.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    HyphyKezzyHyphyKezzy The Best On MarsRegistered User regular
    Fucking cat's always toying with their prey. I stared at the friend invite from @Scratchy early this week with suspicion for a bit before accepting but nothing untoward happened immediately. As the days passed my sense of security grew. But then I get home from work today, have some food, crack a beer and log in to play some more O.G. Ys in the effort to clear out a bit of backlog before winter sale hits and this is just sitting there.

YsVIScatchy_zpsa1grgewj.jpg

Bad kitty! *grabs the squirt gun*

Also, thank you! But you should know that when Firebird says good things about me or any of the former crew of the Kiss Her Plenty that he was our pirate captain and what he really means is that we are savage criminals unconstrained by the morality of civilized folk. Watch your back kitty cat. Winter Dale is coming. <3

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    I'll match any donations this weekend. Starting now, (9:30 PM Friday, eastern) to 10:30PM (eastern) Sunday. Capped at $1000.
    let's do it for the kids.

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Steep goes back and forth between a relaxing joyride and a rage fueling hate machine.
    Managed to get gold on this pretty tricky squirrel suit run. Holy crap was I sweating on this thing.

https://www.twitch.tv/vamenn/v/104886085"] https://twitch.tv/vamenn/v/104886085
    (sorry for poor quality).

Was very satisfying to complete it, though.

vamen on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    fd1goqi7skai.png

@imdointhis lost something and I picked up but I couldn't find him so I took it home with me until I do

m3rhodpkjk0z.png

It has hex tiles omg it's adorable

Thanks duder!

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I'm gonna be late for terraria because i apparently work till 11:00 at the new job, but i should be there.

Even though my new comp isn't turning on and i was tempted to keep trying too troubleshoot it.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    PA FNG Terraria off to a good start with pregame server
    10yfp18jjvli.png

• Options
    CoffeyCoffey Terre Haute, IndianaRegistered User regular
    Put a few hours into Grim Dawn tonight. I can already tell I'm going to dive into this one. Pretty good!

My brother came over & was watching me play. I think he's going to buy it now too. So if he's in a different state, can we play multiplayer together? I didn't really investigate the multiplayer options other than I saw it was host/join.

76561197967491341.png
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    So um, I gently reminded @Antoshka that he hadn't redeemed the codes I gave him a while back. Then I got stealthily murdered.
    4EsroIa.png
    SHu9N3j.png
    eusWk2b.png
    7RJfPsO.png
    uebxFJT.png

5 hit finishing move combo! Thanks so much @Antoshka ! I'm looking forward to playing this real soon!

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
    Here's a bit to add:
    jTO2hkC.jpg
    @Bobkins Flymo

I'm perfectly willing to do some sort of incentive as well. I'm just not sure exactly what to do yet. I'll try to get that figured out soon! (And, I am still working on the games I have to play as an incentive from the last summer sale, and finish before the next summer sale.)

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Maguano wrote: »
    I'll match any donations this weekend. Starting now, (9:30 PM Friday, eastern) to 10:30PM (eastern) Sunday. Capped at $1000.
    let's do it for the kids.

I1918LD.gif

@Bobkins Flymo

rKiN3gu.jpg

Heatwave on
    P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Coffey wrote: »
    Put a few hours into Grim Dawn tonight. I can already tell I'm going to dive into this one. Pretty good!

My brother came over & was watching me play. I think he's going to buy it now too. So if he's in a different state, can we play multiplayer together? I didn't really investigate the multiplayer options other than I saw it was host/join.

Yup! It's pretty easy to boot. Well we did have a little trouble but seeing as we're a worldwide group there are problems here and there but being fairly local (or even in just one country) shouldn't have too much trouble I would think.

• Options
    KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Thanks @Stabbity Style for a month of Humble Monthly bundle! Rats now who the hell knows what later!

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    @imdointhis tells me a story about his uncle after I shut off my desktop redeeming tomorrow.

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited December 2016
    FNG was fun tonight, but I've determined that I'm not very good at "quick and dirty" Terraria. I'm more like, "build a lot, mine a bit, build yourself up, fight a boss once every few months to advance the game" player of Terraria. So most of the fun was watching everyone else's strings of deaths. And that one Blood Moon I was on for.

A big thanks goes out to @Zavian for leading me down into the crimson to be hugged by that beetle. :wink:

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    FirebirdFirebird Harbinger....of.....~something. Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    FNG Terraria proved to be an ordeal, but progress was made nonetheless.

While I wished we had a lot more players, more planning may be needed as Terraria has difficulty handling large amount of players for quick joining a server.

Died a lot, some of us were drunk, and we played till late night.
    So I would consider that a bit of success.

Thanks guys for putting up with my nonsense...

Firebird on
    steam_sig.png

STEAM ID: Firebird
    XBOX Live: FirebirdLR
    Playstation: FirebirdXR
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    FNG was fun tonight, but I've determined that I'm not very good at "quick and dirty" Terraria. I'm more like, "build a lot, mine a bit, build yourself up, fight a boss once every few months to advance the game" player of Terraria. So most of the fun was watching everyone else's strings of deaths. And that one Blood Moon I was on for.

A big thanks goes out to @Zavian for leading me down into the crimson to be hugged by that beetle. :wink:

After you got hugged by the flesh beetle it didn't end so well for me either...
    0fznxn0gau80.png
    Was an awesome FNG, mucho thanks to @Firebird !
    inG160U.jpg
    Although to be honest, it kind of ended in Hell by the end of it...
    dYYlRWz.jpg

• Options
    Provided I had a few of the more base items (grapple, dash and double jump boots, etc), I'd be up for more Terraria madness at some point.

Have they added anything new for winter recently?

• Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Zavian wrote: »
    And with that said, HUMBLE MONTHLY LEFTOVER HERE! GET IT WHILE IT'S HAWT!

signature.png

I got this in the Black Friday Sale, very awesome rogue survival game that features a very dick warthog that mauled me causing me to slowly bleed out and die of starvation. Good times were had!

Never heard of this game but it looks beautiful. Thanks for the giveaway! That soundtrack.

Flame in the Flood is a really nice game. I enjoyed the time I spent with it, and I keep meaning to go back and see how far I can get in the Endless mode.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Firebird wrote: »
    FNG Terraria proved to be an ordeal, but progress was made nonetheless.

While I wished we had a lot more players, more planning may be needed as Terraria has difficulty handling large amount of players for quick joining a server.

Died a lot, some of us were drunk, and we played till late night.
    So I would consider that a bit of success.

Thanks guys for putting up with my nonsense...

I had an awesome time! I didn't do much or contribute anything but I died on purpose a lot so y'all could have plenty of nice gravestones.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    DE, developers and publishers of warframe, actually put out their own profile for the steam controller, almost perfect imo, except melee should be underneath the controller so you never take your thumb off the targeting pad.

• Options
    f3rret wrote: »

signature.png

I got this in the Black Friday Sale, very awesome rogue survival game that features a very dick warthog that mauled me causing me to slowly bleed out and die of starvation. Good times were had!

Never heard of this game but it looks beautiful. Thanks for the giveaway! That soundtrack.

Flame in the Flood is a really nice game. I enjoyed the time I spent with it, and I keep meaning to go back and see how far I can get in the Endless mode.

Can you sell me on why I should keep it?

• Options
    Sorry I missed the Terraria thing last night. I got home so late and really wanted another crack at the new PC.

I didn't get it last night, but I did get it this morning. Installing shit on it now actually. I might be in a better schedule next time if you do one, though I will be working till 11 and getting home closer to 11:30 est till the holidays are over.

• Options
    Thank you so very much to @imdointhis for an attempted gift! Although I'm still not accepting gifts and cannot accept this one, I do truly appreciate the generous thought! <3

• Options
    So, too many folks wanted this for me to just gift it to someone:

signature.png

G&T Adventure Team only, I'll hand the Humble Link to the winner on Monday. :biggrin:

Another page, another day, another repost. There are 24 people on my friends list who want this, the mozt active of those folks being @Elvenshae, @Houn, @Jazz, @Jragghen, and @Fonjo. Don't feel like you shouldn't enter because you "might not get to it". If you want it, throw that hat in the ring! :biggrin:

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    I vote that January 1st begins open hunting gifting season on bunnies...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Wow, thanks for Mordheim, @imdointhis! To be honest, I thought this was Vermintide until it was included in the bundle and I had cause to look and see that it is actually a turn-based RPGish sort of thing? I love turn-based, RPGish sort of things! Thanks again! <3

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular

signature.png

G&T Adventure Team only, I'll hand the Humble Link to the winner on Monday. :biggrin:

Another page, another day, another repost. There are 24 people on my friends list who want this, the mozt active of those folks being @Elvenshae, @Houn, @Jazz, @Jragghen, and @Fonjo. Don't feel like you shouldn't enter because you "might not get to it". If you want it, throw that hat in the ring! :biggrin:

Thanks, but I got the humble monthly too, so no need, just still need to redeem it for myself :-)

• Options
    BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    elmer-fudd-shh.jpg

• Options

Sorry Pixie, that is not in the plans. <3
    I'm not sure that I'll ever go back to accepting all games all the time, to be honest.

Unrelated to that, which I'm posting here because I didn't want to make a new post for it, I stumbled across an upcoming magical realism point-and-click adventure. It's apparently heavily inspired by Haruki Murakami, which was enough to pique my interest! Memoranda

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Berylline wrote: »

Sorry Pixie, that is not in the plans. <3
    I'm not sure that I'll ever go back to accepting all games all the time, to be honest.

Unrelated to that, which I'm posting here because I didn't want to make a new post for it, I stumbled across an upcoming magical realism point-and-click adventure. It's apparently heavily inspired by Haruki Murakami, which was enough to pique my interest! Memoranda

Murakami? Nice! I can imagine the fetch quests now:

"I can help you on your quest. But first you must prepare me a meal of fish and rice with miso and then collect ten unicorn skulls."

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    AsheAshe Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

"I can help you on your quest. But first you must prepare me a meal of fish and rice with miso and then collect ten unicorn skulls."

Made me chuckle.

Inspired by Murakami definitely made me sit up and take notice too.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular

signature.png

Another page, another day, another repost. There are 24 people on my friends list who want this, the mozt active of those folks being Elvenshae, Houn, Jazz, Jragghen, and Fonjo. Don't feel like you shouldn't enter because you "might not get to it". If you want it, throw that hat in the ring! :biggrin:

Cheers for the Batsignal, the giveaway and the opportunity. Your class overfloweth, good sir. <3

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

signature.png

So this reminded me to do another playthrough of TFitF for why people should be jazzed about this game.

So the basic setting is you're a girl named Scout in a sort of post-apocalyptic setting of the flooded South. A dog drags a backpack containing a radio that is relaying an unclear message. This starts you off on a quest of survival and to track down the radio signal.

It's a roguelike survival game so you'll be balancing your various needs (health, hunger, hydration, temperature and sleep) with the randomly generated levels. This comes in two-fold as it randomly generates the river you're on and the locations you can dock at. Like most rougelikes, these locations can come to look rather samey over time but they are nice and varied and some have certain features and supplies associated with each so you may prioritize going to a Gas Station to find a workbench and nuts and bolts over a Camp where you'll find fire and possibly shelter. Still, other than a few guarantees (i.e. Camps will always have a fire, Churches will always have shelter) the rest of what you can find is nicely randomized. That even assumes you can get to them as the river has its own challenges as you steer through it avoiding floating debris and looting the sparse shopping carts on the shore. It's up to you to to scrounge enough to survive while still knowing when to cut your losses. Some vital supplies that you were swimming in at the beginning may become a rarity. Being unprepared for a single wolf might be the end of you let alone a pack--but you might get creative and lure them into some snakes to give you free meat. However, anything you store on your dog will be available for your next playthrough, so some supplies plus your knowledge will help you survive further each time.

My latest run started off pretty well, but ended with me on the brink of starving to death but then making some poor decisions around some snakes and a wolf.

Also the soundtrack the intermittently plays is downright gorgeous.

The game is also nicely stylized graphics I really enjoy.

Some screenshots:
    21A82949944C161F2A22BB3A94725234BB1893F6

5CD247528ED0902F493F6EB01BE7E7D323C20E58

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C2048%3A1152&background-color=black

TLDR: If you're interested in a survival roguelike set in the flooded South then The Flame in the Flood is the game for you.

• Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    That was a fun FNG. Bombs crashing the server, Darmak in a love/hate relationship with gravity, and my blood feud against glowsticks for constantly murdering me.

Didn't really get to advance very far, since I kind of suck at the game and every time I tried to join the group I ended up getting eaten by all the piranhas in the hellevator. Or a slime knocking me out of it to get full falling damage on an outcropping. Or a Snatcher coming from the darkness. Or an antlion chasing me across the map to impale me. Or a LOT of goblin mages using dark magic to make me explode. The constant disconnects didn't help much either, but it was still a fun experience. Thanks @Firebird for hosting it and @Ianator for hosting the Discord channel!

• Options
    imdointhisimdointhis I should actually stop doin' this. Registered User regular
    So there's this game called Abyss Odyssey and i seem to have a key for it, so if anyone wants it, please take it:

https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=hTKCfdW86XEKpEqW

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    @imdointhis Thank you for gift! Unfortunately, i already have Dust: Elysian Tail.

Isn't there any way to transfer it to someone else, considering that it's supposed to get linked with Steam account, i have no option to just get code and give it to someone?

• Options
    Karoz wrote: »

signature.png

So this reminded me to do another playthrough of TFitF for why people should be jazzed about this game.

So the basic setting is you're a girl named Scout in a sort of post-apocalyptic setting of the flooded South. A dog drags a backpack containing a radio that is relaying an unclear message. This starts you off on a quest of survival and to track down the radio signal.

It's a roguelike survival game so you'll be balancing your various needs (health, hunger, hydration, temperature and sleep) with the randomly generated levels. This comes in two-fold as it randomly generates the river you're on and the locations you can dock at. Like most rougelikes, these locations can come to look rather samey over time but they are nice and varied and some have certain features and supplies associated with each so you may prioritize going to a Gas Station to find a workbench and nuts and bolts over a Camp where you'll find fire and possibly shelter. Still, other than a few guarantees (i.e. Camps will always have a fire, Churches will always have shelter) the rest of what you can find is nicely randomized. That even assumes you can get to them as the river has its own challenges as you steer through it avoiding floating debris and looting the sparse shopping carts on the shore. It's up to you to to scrounge enough to survive while still knowing when to cut your losses. Some vital supplies that you were swimming in at the beginning may become a rarity. Being unprepared for a single wolf might be the end of you let alone a pack--but you might get creative and lure them into some snakes to give you free meat. However, anything you store on your dog will be available for your next playthrough, so some supplies plus your knowledge will help you survive further each time.

My latest run started off pretty well, but ended with me on the brink of starving to death but then making some poor decisions around some snakes and a wolf.

Also the soundtrack the intermittently plays is downright gorgeous.

The game is also nicely stylized graphics I really enjoy.

Some screenshots:
    21A82949944C161F2A22BB3A94725234BB1893F6

5CD247528ED0902F493F6EB01BE7E7D323C20E58

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-format=jpeg&output-quality=95&fit=inside|2048:1152&composite-to%3D%2A%2C%2A%7C2048%3A1152&background-color=black

TLDR: If you're interested in a survival roguelike set in the flooded South then The Flame in the Flood is the game for you.

This looks freaking awesome. Thanks for the rundown. I think i am down to buy it if i don't win the giveaway

This discussion has been closed.