So, recent events made me want to beef up security around here. I've already got your basic alarm plus a couple of d-link IP cameras (low res, like 480p?).
What I'd like to improve:
- Higher resolution cameras
- More options for what to do when movement is sensed (not just x screenshots every y seconds)
- Ability to upload the pics to a dropbox, instead of just spamming my email
- Nightvision, so it doesn't rely on leaving a lamp on
- On-site continuous recording? Not sure on this, this seems more useful for outside a home. And if anyone broke in, I assume the DVR would just get stolen.
- Ability to easily enable / disable. I don't really want them to record me while I'm in here. A physical solution might be best (lens covers?), so I can be sure the cameras aren't watched remotely while I'm here.
- If there's a good way to hook them up to Comcast Home, that'd be great. If not, I won't lose any sleep over it.
Does anyone have experience with reliable cameras that would fit the bill?Also, anything I'm missing? I'm really not sure what security measures are available to apartment tenants. I assume security window film is out.
Yeah, going to drop the non-camera angle for this question since the responses are not helpful.