As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come post pictures of your [Gunpla] & other scale models in this thread

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    HexDex wrote: »
    So, I just got back up from Japan bringing home with me my first, and a bunch of, gunpla. Assuming I love building them and want more, what is the best place to order them from online in you fine folks experience?

amiami, hobbylinkjapan, cdjapan for brand new, anime-export for p-bandai, and mandarake for older, harder to find kits.

I've been shopping at these places for years and I can vouch for every one of them.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
    So lumped in with the Advanced Hazel announcement was a brief mention that they would be releasing the Hrududu support fighter sometime in the future, which means you will be able to combine it with the Hazel Custom to create this baby

WufhFfx.jpg

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    so it's the super gundam mk2 but not lame

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I wonder if this means they worked something out with the Advance of Zeta rights holders

If the woundwort actually comes out I would super love if its variations came as kits

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    My Hazel is one of my favourite models because it is one armoured core ass Gundam.

• Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2018
    A.N.I.M.E Char's Gelgoog's product page is up, and with it a bunch of pics of new accessories:

20180223_char-gelgoog_sc01_thum01_z.jpg

20180223_char-gelgoog_sc02_thum01_z.jpg

It seems they have taken notes from the Costanza school of pointing the gun at the camera.

20180223_char-gelgoog_sc02_thum02_z.jpg

20180223_char-gelgoog_sc02_thum03_z.jpg

20180223_char-gelgoog_sc02_thum04_z.jpg

20180223_char-gelgoog_sc03_thum01_z.jpg

http://tamashii.jp/special/gundam_anime/

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    NSDFRandNSDFRand FloridaRegistered User regular
    The Gelgoog is probably my second favorite Zeon grunt unit, behind the Dom of course. There's something about the skirt and lower leg armor skirts that just appeal to me from a design perspective. Since at least the early OYW, and still into the Unicorn time frame, ballistic weapons make up a majority of mobile weapons the rounded surfaces make sense to me.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    NSDFRand wrote: »
    The Gelgoog is probably my second favorite Zeon grunt unit, behind the Dom of course. There's something about the skirt and lower leg armor skirts that just appeal to me from a design perspective. Since at least the early OYW, and still into the Unicorn time frame, ballistic weapons make up a majority of mobile weapons the rounded surfaces make sense to me.

Speaking of the skirt, as you can see in the first pic the skirt retracts up into the midsection allowing for a greater range of leg movement. Pretty spiffy.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    What is A.N.I.M.E.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    What is A.N.I.M.E.

it's a sub-line of the Robot Damashii action figure line, made by Bandai under the Tamashii Nations banner. The A.N.I.M.E. sub-line is known for having incredible and unique articulation and engineering, including a plethora of accessories and effects for each figure, and for designing the figures to look as close to the original 0079 animation as possible (within reason). The A.N.I.M.E. sub-line focuses specifically on the original MSG, although they've recently begun branching out to include suits from later series, starting with War in the Pocket. They also do a lot of MSV suits from the One Year War era, made to look as they would if they were included in the show (with a bit of a modern touch to it).

The GM Sniper Custom and Zaku 1 that I posted on the previous page are both ANIME figures.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    What is A.N.I.M.E.

B.L.O.O.D.

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    edited February 2018
    What is A.N.I.M.E.

A.M.I.S.T.A.K.E.

jgeis on
  • Options
    Also it stands for "Action New Imagination Memory Emotion".

lol

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    I think im gonna undo all the dirtying I did last night. I saw a tutorial for how to use sponges to do chipping.

Maybe even try hairspray chipping?

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    Use a toothbrush to flick paint onto it for a muddy effect

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    There's some new Metal Robot Ka Signature magazine scans going around. I have no idea what this is but I'm assumimg you guys do?

UzTkkps.jpg

DHmqz2F.jpg

0l4nYOZ.jpg

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Zeta Plus C1 from Gundam Sentinel

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options

That explains it.. I'm a traditional UC kinda guy.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Based on the 16200 yen price, I'm guessing it's part of their Metal Build line.

• Options

Sentinel is UC, just not animated

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »

thats why I said TRADITIONAL UC. Even Unicorn is pushing it a bit for me.

Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options

what is "traditional" then for you, for clarification purposes

• Options
    edited February 2018

what is "traditional" then for you, for clarification purposes

One Year War and the stuff that happens immediately after. The further out you get from the OYW the less "traditional" it becomes. For example F91 is still UC but I wouldn't consider it traditional UC because the tech is so advanced that the MS combat we see bears very little resemblance to what MS combat looked like during the OYW, and the One Year War is what I immediately think of when I think of the UC. Sorry I should have been more specific.

edit: Zeta is where it starts straying into the "non-traditional" area for me, what with the transforming suits and all the newtype shenanigans. ZZ goes over the edge and doesn't appeal to me at all. I give Unicorn a pass though because it makes a concious effort to tie itself into OYW stuff, both in terms of the story and its overall aesthetic.
    Heffling wrote: »
    Based on the 16200 yen price, I'm guessing it's part of their Metal Build line.

It's the Metal Robot line, which iirc is a different sub-line from Metal Build. I know, it's confusing as hell.

Handsome Costanza on
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    What is A.N.I.M.E.

F.O.R. J.E.R.K.S.

• Options
    edited February 2018
    Fuck a Woundwort, Galbaldy Beta in June

What are the odds of a P-Bandai Galbaldy Alpha

CorporateLogo on

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Thanks for the store responses! I actually bought some figma from amiami and HLJ about 6 years ago and utterly forgot they existed. Cause I'm a derp.

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    Im surprised by the price for the gm/gm

21 for a kit that seems pretty simple is spendy

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    LogicReasonLogicReason Registered User regular
    The GM/GM is a very versatile and cool kit though.

• Options
    Retail on it is 1728 yen, so you shouldn't pay more than about $17 USD for it. $21 is marked up quite a bit.

• Options
    Amazon’s Gunpla prices have gone up quite a bit this year

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Bezosssssss

• Options
    Amazon’s Gunpla prices have gone up quite a bit this year

It's cyclical. Amazon themselves don't carry a lot of Gunpla, so it's mostly third parties. You'll see huge variations in price, especially right after a kit is reprinted.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    They also tend to be marked up a whole lot right after release, especially once the first batch the third party sellers get sells out.

The A-Z gundam was going for $30 last time I looked.

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    turtleant wrote: »
    They also tend to be marked up a whole lot right after release, especially once the first batch the third party sellers get sells out.

The A-Z gundam was going for $30 last time I looked.

They get marked up until 6 weeks after release, which coincidentally is the amount of time it takes to ship something by seat from Japan to the US (and clear customs).

• Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    edited March 2018
    the MG Deep Striker ships this month (seems like it's already available at The Gundam Base)

in awe at the size of this lad

miscellaneousinsanity on
    uc3ufTB.png
  • Options
    64j8bg8vnays.jpeg

Finally got that light working

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    I think I want to try lighting up a Dom, any suggestions of a model? There are like 15 variants

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2018
    I think I want to try lighting up a Dom, any suggestions of a model? There are like 15 variants

Dom Funf/Tropen for the win!

Edit: It looks like there are only MG kits for the basic Dom, and the Rick Dom in standard or Char color schemes (plus some special release versions with slightly different colors), so I guess the questions you need to decide are how you feel about rose red vs violet, and whether you want a ground-pounder or a space-case?

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I would probably end up painting it anyways

edit: Maybe ill do a Rick Dias instead

Bluedude152 on
    p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
    Rick Dias is an excellent choice too, though you should also check out the Dom R35 from build fighters

uc3ufTB.png
This discussion has been closed.