As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Love Thread! Boobits? Come on in!

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Rainfall wrote: »
    WTF
    Stupid Facebook

I just wrote a thing on a friend's Facebook post, and I'm 90% certain she deleted my comment

WTF

Sometimes Facebook just makes things disappear because it's fucking awful.

Hmm

• PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    Overheard at a bar: "Maybe I could come over and shovel your driveway?"

Best pickup line or most canadian pickup line or both?

Psykoma on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    I delete comments on facebook all the time

Dont read into it too much

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular

Yeah, it's best not too over think things

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular

I love not deleting comments and watching as people dig themselves further and further into a hole when I make a political post.

Sadly that happens very rarely anymore, on my posts.

• CelloCello Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »
    Overheard at a bar: "Maybe I could come over and shovel your driveway?"

Best pickup line or most canadian pickup line or both?

Ah, romance.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Oh god

I defied every law of nature.

Everyone is gagging.

The rumham has betrayed us.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    Your doom approaches.

• Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    Oh god

I defied every law of nature.

Everyone is gagging.

The rumham has betrayed us.

good

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• ArtereisArtereis Registered User regular
    The original girl from OKC and I have been spending some time together. She's been opening up about herself more this time around, but in the process I've learned that her addiction issue goes beyond cigarettes and her prior eating disorder. There's some more hardcore stuff in there, too, and it still occasionally gets its claws in her. Shame, because there are definitely parts of her I really like, but I don't think this is going to be a thing I can do.

On the other side, I've exchanged a ton of messages today with an incredibly cute CPA.

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular
    Aaaaaaaaaaah I accepted the friend request.

I just couldn't shake the feeling I was being an idiot child about the whole thing and I needed to act like the goddamned (reasonably) sensible adult that I am and quit ascribing so much gravity to a stupid fucking social media thing.

Luckily, though, I found out how to kajigger the internet whatsists so that the few times I actually go on there I don't have to see any of the shit people post at all so I dunno, I guess it's fine.

• MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    So I spent all night thinking poignant thoughts about being a woman and dating post-transition and this being the first relationship post-abusive horror story

But my hair is fucked up and there's a cum stain on my dress so...

• Peter EbelPeter Ebel CopenhagenRegistered User regular
    I'm back on the dating scene and weirdly popular with open relationship couples. The human experience is weird.

Fuck off and die.
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    What do I do with this Christmas gift I had gotten for my ex... Barf. I hate this whole situation. I'm such an asshole.

Uriel wrote: »
    What do I do with this Christmas gift I had gotten for my ex... Barf. I hate this whole situation. I'm such an asshole.

Well without knowing what's going on I'd say return it or give it to someone else?

Well without knowing what's going on I'd say return it or give it to someone else?

Oh.

Oh hi emby it has been a while.
    The gist of it is that I'm a worthless coward who can't power through my own anxiety attacks to spend enough time with the person I love to maybe her feel like I actually do love her.

And for the majority of the past week or two since breaking it off I've barely even spoken to her. I'm a double coward.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Oh.

The gist of it is that I'm a worthless coward who can't power through my own anxiety attacks to spend enough time with the person I love to maybe her feel like I actually do love her.

And for the majority of the past week or two since breaking it off I've barely even spoken to her. I'm a double coward.

No. You. Are. Not.

Anxiety attacks are not something that are easy to power through, no matter how much you may want them to be.

And she either needs to figure out how to accept that there are some challenges to the relationship and learn how to adjust her needs/wants for constant physical proximity, or she's just not ready to be in a relationship with you.

Which sucks doubly for you. But you're not a coward for not talking to somebody after they broke up with you. And you're not a coward for not being able to conquer something that is just not easily conquerable by a few thousand other people.

You're a good guy, a great guy. You deserve happiness. But you deserve happiness on your terms, not just at the mercy of somebody else.

But you are not a coward and I will not stand for you saying such things about yourself.

edited December 2016
    Thanks lonelyahava. But to be fair I broke up with her not the other way around. I just knew that I was not going to do what she was asking me to do. Or be around her like she needed me to be.

I guess it really is better this way afterall. It wasn't the right time and we aren't in the right place for each other right now. I know it will be ok long term but I still feel like I am a jerk. Thus being afraid to talk to her more.

Tallahasseeriel on

Oh.

1. You're not a coward, this is a legitimate issue
    2. Have you told her about it?
    3. Think you can handle telling her? Like maybe in the form of a card explaining the things you've written here and attached to the gift?

She would probably appreciate the closure and to know that you were thinking about her

Haha I think I might be somebody's girlfriend soon

• That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    I told I girl I love her and she said it back.

Wew warm fuzzy feelings.

PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Life: Generally Good
    Love Life: Generally Nonexistent
    Result: Mostly okay but sometimes lonely.

Pls retweet if this is you.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular

Pretty much same! Occasional flings (mostly with friends) but nothing solid, no dates for a month or two, etc. etc. But doing good otherwise!

• LabelLabel Registered User regular
    I don't think I can say I'm "Mostly Okay."

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    It's okay you can lie on the forums and pretend your life is better than it actually is.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

i would retweet but i could never figure out this twitter thing

broken image link
    fuk u i have hickies

• JuggernutJuggernut Registered User regular

1 like = 1 commisseration

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    How do you live with someone who sees mess where you see none (because I don't see the mess)?
    I've tried cleaning/doing what I think needs to be done, but this has been shown this weekend to be the wrong answer, as I inevitably pick the wrong thing to be doing.
    Doesn't help that I apparently leave stuff sitting around after finishing a task, with no recollection or realisation that I have done so.

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    I live with an anal-retentive retired airman who is very particular about cleaning.

Start by asking them what they think the high priority areas should be, and have them explain precisely what their standard for "good enough" is. If you can get them to understand that "good enough" exists, that is.

Focus on those areas, and then when you feel that you're done, go back over them again with fresh eyes, looking especially for things you've left behind.

Finally, there's always the option of telling them that you have your standards and they have theirs, and if they don't like how you clean they can damn well do it themselves. I do not recommend this option unless you want a fight.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • CreaganCreagan Registered User regular
    edited December 2016
    discrider wrote: »
    How do you live with someone who sees mess where you see none (because I don't see the mess)?
    I've tried cleaning/doing what I think needs to be done, but this has been shown this weekend to be the wrong answer, as I inevitably pick the wrong thing to be doing.
    Doesn't help that I apparently leave stuff sitting around after finishing a task, with no recollection or realisation that I have done so.

I grew up with a dad who's such an OCPD type clean freak he's literally scrubbed all the copper off a pot because he thought it was dirt. I am assuming the person you live with is not that bad. But anyway, I've basically got a PHD in living with overly-neat people at this point. So...

Basically the key here is communication. Everybody has their own way of doing things and it'll be easier to learn your partner's than develop your own. Talk to the other party about what constitutes mess, and discuss how they like to clean. If you're patient with each other, you should be able to figure something out. Maybe make some lists if that would help you remember what to do and how to do it.

Don't be too hard on yourself (the other party should be understanding too) if you don't catch on immediately. You kind of have to develop an eye for cleanliness/organization.

Make sure expectations are reasonable. There's "clean" and then there's "sterile." You want things to be clean. Sterile is an unreasonable expectation and it creeps people out when your living space is that clean/organized.

Creagan on
  • PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Sometimes I feel like a very old man

So, so old

• tynictynic PICNIC BADASS Registered User, ClubPA regular
    One of my friends died this weekend, suddenly, in his sleep, at 39.

I literally just saw him two weeks ago - we had time for a hug and a hello but no more, I was intending to catch up with him later but got busy, and then he went on holiday. And he died.

He has a wife, and two small daughters. Every dimension of this is awful. And I'm just trying to remember good times we had together but I keep thinking, there weren't enough. There should have been more.

• OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    tynic wrote: »

I literally just saw him two weeks ago - we had time for a hug and a hello but no more, I was intending to catch up with him later but got busy, and then he went on holiday. And he died.

He has a wife, and two small daughters. Every dimension of this is awful. And I'm just trying to remember good times we had together but I keep thinking, there weren't enough. There should have been more.

Holy shit, I'm so sorry, Nic.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• SolarSolar Registered User regular

That's awful

I'm so sorry Nic

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Um
    20q girl sent me a message of her dancing to Darkness's girlfriend with the stuffed animal she was dancing with. She also kissed it and signed love ya on it
    What have I done?

• InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Creagan wrote: »
    discrider wrote: »

I grew up with a dad who's such an OCPD type clean freak he's literally scrubbed all the copper off a pot because he thought it was dirt. I am assuming the person you live with is not that bad. But anyway, I've basically got a PHD in living with overly-neat people at this point. So...

Basically the key here is communication. Everybody has their own way of doing things and it'll be easier to learn your partner's than develop your own. Talk to the other party about what constitutes mess, and discuss how they like to clean. If you're patient with each other, you should be able to figure something out. Maybe make some lists if that would help you remember what to do and how to do it.

Don't be too hard on yourself (the other party should be understanding too) if you don't catch on immediately. You kind of have to develop an eye for cleanliness/organization.

Make sure expectations are reasonable. There's "clean" and then there's "sterile." You want things to be clean. Sterile is an unreasonable expectation and it creeps people out when your living space is that clean/organized.

Yeah, moved into a new place with new people this summer, and I'm in your situation @discrider

If you haven't discussed yet how you have a higher tolerance for mess, do so. Putting it out there explicitly will help. Then ask how you can help.

In my case, I told them this and that it is 100% okay to point out tasks, pleasantly. Just point me in a direction and I'll take care of it, etc.

They are getting stressed because of their life history, more or less, and there isn't any point in trying to change that. Really all I want to do is establish that EVERYTHING IS OKAY :+1:

I also have OCD and can't do chores here unless someone has shown me "their way" and I can emulate that. ymmv on that but I bet there's some extent to that in a lot of people (how do you put the dishes away, which cleaners do you use, etc.). When I explained this situation then everything got a lot nicer for us.

I still don't see mess the same way but we're living together peacefully for the most part!

OrokosPA.png
  • LabelLabel Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Um
    20q girl sent me a message of her dancing to Darkness's girlfriend with the stuffed animal she was dancing with. She also kissed it and signed love ya on it
    What have I done?

you might have gotten a girlfriend.

you may have to verbally check, to be sure. Which could be risky, but it might be time to take that risk.

It's never easy. We're close to the same age so if you want to talk I'm here, though.

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Jesus Christ... Last night was horrid.

It was like going to war.

And my soul is for the worse.

I have seen a man projectile vomit rumham ten feet.

The horror, the horror

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
This discussion has been closed.