As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[US and Russia] Talk about Trump connections to Russia here.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    The streams are up yet, but most of the news orgs will have something.

I know CBS News said they'll have one.

• Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Yeah the Trump tweets really make it seem like he's nervous

Lot of "what about this? what about that! wah wah wah"

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    I like how he throws around "but what about Clinton and the Russians!?" which one, is ridiculous and two, is an admission that he realizes "..with the russians" is a bad thing.

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    It's cute that he thinks Clinton got anything resembling a pass compared to him

He makes babies look grounded and mature

• Options
    Clinton being in collaboration with the Russians is like the funniest fucking thing.

She's like the biggest Russian Hawk on the democrat platform and Puting fucking hates her.

• Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    Viskod wrote: »
    I like how he throws around "but what about Clinton and the Russians!?" which one, is ridiculous and two, is an admission that he realizes "..with the russians" is a bad thing.

Though it is telling that he full on does not realize the nuance of why all of their meetings with Russia in the last year or two are troubling, and under investigation, while older meetings, of people not in his inner circle, are not.

The point just sails wide past him.

Because he's an idiot.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »
    Clinton being in collaboration with the Russians is like the funniest fucking thing.

She's like the biggest Russian Hawk on the democrat platform and Puting fucking hates her.

but but Clinton Cash!

• Options
    DissociaterDissociater Registered User regular
    Here's a PBS stream too if it hasn't been linked yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHZ_j_Tim08

• Options
    SeñorAmorSeñorAmor !!! Registered User regular
  • Options
    I can't listen directly so if someone will update as it goes along with the big things that'd be awesome.

• Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    NPR is broadcasting this as well.

• Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    I can't listen directly so if someone will update as it goes along with the big things that'd be awesome.

I'll do what I can. It's just Nunes summarizing the issues and goal of the hearings right now.

• Options
    JoeUserJoeUser Forum Santa Registered User regular
    Nunes bringing up the leaks, too

• Options
    Heh, "Presidents Trump and his associates".

• Options
    Cog wrote: »

I'll do what I can. It's just Nunes summarizing the issues and goal of the hearings right now.

It's already so frustrating. He basically preemptively blamed Obama for anything Putin may or may not have done.

• Options
    Nunes reiterated there were no actual wiretaps.

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular

he just broke down their objectives, which included

2 - It's clear that there was no wiretapping on Trump Tower, but that does not remove the possibility of other surveillance on president Trump or his associates during the campaign.

Which the WH will cling to.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Schiff is being very clear that the issue here is Russia absolutely fucked with the elections.

• Options
    "If anyone aided and abetted the Russians, it would not only be a serious crime, it would be one of the most shocking betrayals of democracy in history."

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Who said that?

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Schiff says they're exploring Russia fucking with the elections because it's the issue the public least understands.

Fuck yeah.

Cog on
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Who said that?

Schiff

EDIT: He has 15 mins for his opening statement.

Cog on
  • Options
    He made a clear accusation that Russia distributed their information through Wikileaks in exchange for a Trump administration that relaxed sanctions and simultaneously criticized NATO allies.

• Options
    I'm watching this and the mere fact that this is even happening just blows my mind.

I'm dumbstruck at what Schiff is saying right now.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    If nothing comes of this...

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    SeñorAmor wrote: »
    I'm watching this and the mere fact that this is even happening just blows my mind.

yeah he's getting super specific

• Options
    I mean, Jesus, he's laying out a clear and fucking damning timeline of, at the very least, Trump associates being heavily in bed with Russia for years.

• Options
    syndalis wrote: »
    If nothing comes of this...

I'm so worried that this will be the case.

• Options
    Yeah, Schiff is going to town right now.

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »

yeah he's getting super specific

This is the kind of thing that needs to interrupt every single TV station so everyone can see this.

• Options

It's a fucking Tom Clancy novel come to life. Mind blowing is the only worthy descriptor.

• Options
    Haha, paraphrased

Schiff: Trump then hires Flynn, who is uncovered to have lied about his ties to russia to the vp. The press uncover this lie, and Trump is forced to fire him. Trump then praises the man who lied, and castigates the press who uncovered that lie.

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I mean, Jesus, he's laying out a clear and fucking damning timeline of, at the very least, Trump associates being heavily in bed with Russia for years.

Good, one thing I think people have missed in the sporadic nature of this coverage is the overall timeline of events and contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia. Laying this out clearly and at one time is a good move.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited March 2017
    Marathon wrote: »

Good, one thing I think people have missed in the sporadic nature of this coverage is the overall timeline of events and contacts between the Trump campaign and Russia. Laying this out clearly and at one time is a good move.

that timeline was good. Schiff wants to set a tone here, and I feel like he was successful.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Paraphrasing: "This war is not communism vs capitalism, but authoritarianism vs democracy, and the opponent sees our electoral process as a field of battle."

• Options
    It was hard to listen to all of that and not think, re: surveillance of Trump, "Holy shit, someone should have been."

• Options
    Rogers opening now, basically getting everyone to realize that this hearing will probably not be productive since it's an open forum.

• Options
    cursedking wrote: »
    Rogers opening now, basically getting everyone to realize that this hearing will probably not be productive since it's an open forum.

Schiff's opening statement was productive as hell for someone with an attention span greater than that of a guppy.

So useless to most people.

• Options
    Comey opens by stating that it is their procedure to not talk about ongoing investigations and it's like...just fuck off, dude.

This discussion has been closed.