As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX Pin Transport Method?

ZynthioZynthio Registered User regular
Hey friends,

PAX South is in less than 2 weeks! I'm exploring practical ways to carry my collection, which is somewhat small, with me around PAX (besides on my lanyard). My current idea is a CD case that has been sitting around, as a hard shell, and has fabric/plastic pages. It can fit 3 rows of 4 pins comfortably so I think it will work perfect for me and it won't take up any space in my backpack, so there will lots of room for buying other goodies! I think that a binder would take up to much space, and bags dedicated to carrying pins don't seem to accommodate space for other things, that's my opinion at least. While my method may not be as pretty looking as others, it can be grabbed out of my bag quickly and does exactly what I will need.

I'll post photos below, and I would love to see photos of anyone's methods and/or link me to any other post on the forums for such things and maybe I'll use them!

Thanks for stopping by!
- Zyn

kk4zqgyb1uh9.jpg

xrkirof0clek.png

(not my whole collection)
w9f21w8f29u6.jpg

vaznbipomua4.jpg

(PA pkmn pins pls thanks)
yibg4eon4d8k.jpg

6dTk2WM.png

• Options
    SennoSenno AustraliaRegistered User regular
    CD cases have the portability and protective capabilities a pinhead will look for when transporting. I use one of the pinnypals bags to show that im a trader, and then I have something similar in the bag, which helps when Im at the community trading.

• Options
    misskassmisskass Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Oh my gosh, they aren't for trade, are they? I'd kill a man for that Charmeleon.

• Options
    thx42thx42 SeattleRegistered User regular
    misskass wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, they aren't for trade, are they? I'd kill a man for that Charmeleon.

No need for murder - http://www.pokemoncenter.com/clothing---accessories/pins-s0102-0007-0000/ivysaur-charmeleon-wartortle-pokémon-pins-(3-pack)-710-01962

• Options
    thx42 wrote: »

No need for murder - http://www.pokemoncenter.com/clothing---accessories/pins-s0102-0007-0000/ivysaur-charmeleon-wartortle-pokémon-pins-(3-pack)-710-01962
    Ooooh thanks! They don't ship to Aus directly but I can fix that issue. :biggrin:

• Options

I would be willing to trade charmeleon if you offer me something good :) otherwise you can pick it up from pokemon center

6dTk2WM.png
  • Options
    Zynthio wrote: »

I would be willing to trade charmeleon if you offer me something good :) otherwise you can pick it up from pokemon center
    Nah it's okay, now that I know I can buy them myself I've got my eye on a bulk order from the Pokemon Centre. Thanks though!

• Options
    Sammy.SamSammy.Sam Registered User regular
    I love this method of storage, provided the volume of pins you intend to carry can all fit in your chosen case. Great idea!

If you're feeling crafty, I would recommend sewing some soft fleece to the back side of each page, to prevent unintentional wear. Some of the Pinny Arcade pins have silkscreened print elements that may come off if they're continually stressed. Or if you don't want to sew, you could probably get away with just sticking some fleece squares in there.

I say fleece because it's a soft, non-abrasive fabric. You could use any fabric you want, but beware of the aforementioned printed elements.

• Options
    Sammy.Sam wrote: »
    I love this method of storage, provided the volume of pins you intend to carry can all fit in your chosen case. Great idea!

If you're feeling crafty, I would recommend sewing some soft fleece to the back side of each page, to prevent unintentional wear. Some of the Pinny Arcade pins have silkscreened print elements that may come off if they're continually stressed. Or if you don't want to sew, you could probably get away with just sticking some fleece squares in there.

I say fleece because it's a soft, non-abrasive fabric. You could use any fabric you want, but beware of the aforementioned printed elements.

It fits my collection just fine and there's plenty of room for more! That's a good idea too, I may look into that in the future

6dTk2WM.png