Options

[NFL] Thread: There Will Be No Overtime For This Thread.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Self-parody is now dead. Tennessee likely to win the Super Bowl now.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Trevanthan had his suspension reduced to one game on appeal. What a joke.

Watching it a few more times did end up with thinking it probably wasn't intentional

But I'm not sure that made it any more ok to me because jfc that shouldn't be ok

I pretty immediately thought it was unintentional when I saw him during/after the ruckus with his helmet off, yelling with some players. He legitimately looked really upset and chagrined.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    It's not ok what happened, but he has no history of anything. He's never even gotten a personal foul before this.

It looked accidental to me in the replays, and I think one game is fair given the circumstances.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular

Define "likely".

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    My understanding of the appeal was that it was based on him having no prior incidents at all, not based on the hit not actually being that bad or intentional vs unintentional

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    "The Patriots' defense has allowed a higher completion percentage, more passing touchdowns and more yards per attempt than Brady has thrown this season."

Damn. That is brutal.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    yeah i really need to drop the pats D.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    yeah i really need to drop the pats D.

Belicheck already did that.

ba-dum-tssh

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »

Define "likely".

The do play on the same division as Houston and Indianapolis...

• Options
    Fondor_YardsFondor_Yards Elite Four Member: Hydra Registered User regular
    Man I really like to see an AFC South that even with a healthy Luck, Indy stuck deep in the basement. Come on Jags stop trying to make Bortles work we still need you to pull your weight.

Secrets, lies, and tragedy. The trifecta.
    3DS Code: 5043-2172-1361
    Xbone Tag: Salal al Din
  • Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    I'm gonna need the Cowboys to do more than one 13-4 season before I start looking up to them as a model franchise that I want my team to emulate.

Yes, drafting o-line can be nice because of the longevity, but it's not a panacea. They don't have as much impact on wins and losses as a lot of other positions, and NFL offenses are deeply interconnected anyway. You know who has a pretty good offensive line the last two years? The Chicago Bears. You know whose QBs are still getting hammered? The Chicago Bears. Because they have no receivers and at times the QB has been suspect, meaning defenses have nothing to fear and can pin their ears back.

Shit if they can do a 13-4 season that's really impressive.

Traditionally NFL reported records sometimes include the playoffs

• Options
    Like 19-1.

• Options
    How is 19-1 possible in a sixteen game season?

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    you would need to go 15-1 in the season, have 2 other teams finish with higher standings, then win out the playoffs

Jars on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular

You'd need to go 15-1 with two other 16-0 teams in your conference and win the SB. I believe it is technically possible

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    it's technically possible to go 19-1 and lose the superbowl if you have 3 16-0 teams in the same conference, as one will have to play in the wildcard round

• Options
    In my defense, "patriots" showed up as an autocomplete when I typed "19-1" into Google and the joke was too obvious to factcheck any deeper.

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    If by "funny" he means unusual, then he's right? I mean it probably is unusual for him to hear insights about football from women. The NFL is clearly male-dominated professionally.

If by "funny" he means, like, "haha, listen to that woman talk about man stuff, isn't that cute?", then dude deserves all the criticism and hate he is going to get from that.

I just listened to it and sadly it seems like it could be the latter...

• Options
    edited October 2017
    ObiFett on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    What's actually "funny" is that Cam used "female", an adjective, rather than "woman", a noun that means female human being. Assuming, of course, that he was referring to human beings rather than say, female giraffes.

I like Cam, but it appears he showed everyone his ass today.

• Options
    Yeah watched the video. He started chuckling/laughing at a serious question then said his statement about it's funny a woman asked him about routes. Dudes a child.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
  • Options
    This week in Broadcast Maps: The thrill of bye weeks begin!

I love that LA does not get the early LAC game on CBS in spite of the fact that LAR plays the late game. But San Diego does. So, they've got that going for them. Which is nice. Wonderful of KCAL to step up and broadcast the wonderment of Manningface.

Also, the Bay Area isn't forced into Buckman because SF/IND gets the early game. Indy, on the other foot, must suck on it. Also too, I still love that Dallas seems to get saddled with NFC East games just because. Instead of something potentially fun like Carolina/Detroit.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    That’s so dumb, by Cam. I wonder when that use of ‘female’ started, because I remember it from a decade ago in high school, so it must be even older. And as far as I can tell, undying.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    This week in Broadcast Maps: The thrill of bye weeks begin!

I love that LA does not get the early LAC game on CBS in spite of the fact that LAR plays the late game. But San Diego does. So, they've got that going for them. Which is nice. Wonderful of KCAL to step up and broadcast the wonderment of Manningface.

Also, the Bay Area isn't forced into Buckman because SF/IND gets the early game. Indy, on the other foot, must suck on it. Also too, I still love that Dallas seems to get saddled with NFC East games just because. Instead of something potentially fun like Carolina/Detroit.

Uhhhh I forgot the Packers - Cowboys game was going to be Buck-Aikman. It's going to be like 3x worse than normal, because 1) AIkman and dallas games is basically half him slurping Jerry''s willie. 2) I'm going to be constantly comparing him to Romo, who is better at this after a 2 months than he is after idk...10 eternities or however long he's been drooling on air for.

e: was doing some line-up tweaks for this week and saw this gem in a player write up
    Coach John Fox is Jeff Fisher-esque in his approach to game-planning.

ouch

tinwhiskers on
    6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Elki wrote: »
    That’s so dumb, by Cam. I wonder when that use of ‘female’ started, because I remember it from a decade ago in high school, so it must be even older. And as far as I can tell, undying.

it's a real urban thing and I don't understand it but it's been around for as long as i've been aware of vernacular.

(my best guess is that "girl" implies a sense of innocence and "woman" implies a sense of respect. . .so you get "females" )

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    this is it
    this is the week
    i got this

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

it's a real urban thing and I don't understand it but it's been around for as long as i've been aware of vernacular.

(my best guess is that "girl" implies a sense of innocence and "woman" implies a sense of respect. . .so you get "females" )

The most racist, sexist person I know IRL is a white country boy, and he uses it all of the time. It’s not an urban thing IMO.

Whenever someone uses the word female rather than woman, I think of that old Star Trek episode where the Ferangi are like “You clothe your females?!”

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

You'd need to go 15-1 with two other 16-0 teams in your conference and win the SB. I believe it is technically possible

Technically possible. Each team plays

A) their own division twice
    B) one division from their conference and one from the other conference once
    C) Two games against the two divisions they do not play against the same rank as last season

In order for there to be two 16-0 teams and a 15-1 team one of the 16-0 teams must beat the 15-1 team and they must also not have had the same rank in the last season as the other 16-0 team in the conference. However if it is the case that rank order is roughly preserved over seasons it is not possible to have two 16-0 teams in a conference. They would have had to play each other.

It's also possible to make the wildcard at 15-1 with one 16-0 and another 15-1 team that has tiebreaker over the 15-1 going to 19-1.

It is also possible to make the wildcard at 15-1 with a combination of one or two teams 15-0-1 and the rest 16-0 in the conference.

It is not possible for there to be three 16–0 teams in a single conference because two of the 16-0 teams would have had to play each other.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    PantsB wrote: »

Technically possible. Each team plays

A) their own division twice
    B) one division from their conference and one from the other conference once
    C) Two games against the two divisions they do not play against the same rank as last season

In order for there to be two 16-0 teams and a 15-1 team one of the 16-0 teams must beat the 15-1 team and they must also not have had the same rank in the last season as the other 16-0 team in the conference. However if it is the case that rank order is roughly preserved over seasons it is not possible to have two 16-0 teams in a conference. They would have had to play each other.

It's also possible to make the wildcard at 15-1 with one 16-0 and another 15-1 team that has tiebreaker over the 15-1 going to 19-1.

It is also possible to make the wildcard at 15-1 with a combination of one or two teams 15-0-1 and the rest 16-0 in the conference.

It is not possible for there to be three 16–0 teams in a single conference because two of the 16-0 teams would have had to play each other.

I read this and imagine the ocean of 2, 3, and 4 win teams that would result from this scenario. Those poor Chargers and Charger equivalents.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    And then Houston makes the playoffs by 'winning' the division at 3-13.

But, at least, losing the Super Bowl.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »

The most racist, sexist person I know IRL is a white country boy, and he uses it all of the time. It’s not an urban thing IMO.

Whenever someone uses the word female rather than woman, I think of that old Star Trek episode where the Ferangi are like “You clothe your females?!”

Interesting! I've never heard it from that side of the uh. . .spectrum? Guess sexism knows no bounds!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017

At least Cam is getting some blow back to the pocket book from his latest childish behavior.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    That coverage map confuses me. Do I get to see PIT early then BAL @ OAK late, or just BAL/OAK? (Philadelphia metro area)

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Mugsley wrote: »
    That coverage map confuses me. Do I get to see PIT early then BAL @ OAK late, or just BAL/OAK? (Philadelphia metro area)

Because the Eagles are on Fox early, the CBS station is putting on the late game so its not head to head. They never put a game up against the home market game if the local team is at home, so since CBS doesn't have the double header they're putting a 4 oclock game on there, along with Fox's late game.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Jubal77 wrote: »

At least Cam is getting some blow back to the pocket book from his latest childish behavior.

No wonder that kid is now Cam's moms favorite athlete

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    Basically, if the map is filled with different coloured splotches, but the list beneath it shows both early and late games, then you only get the one your area covers. Unless your local station somehow broadcasts another game at whichever time is available.

Using this week as an example, Dallas gets the early LAC/NYG game on CBS, but will not get either Bal/Oak or Sea/LAR. Just as any place that gets those last two will not have access to the first four games on the CBS slate.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I just saw a class action lawsuit commercial for head injuries aimed solely at former NFL players

Jeez

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    At least the New England uniforms don't look like total shit.

This discussion has been closed.