As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2017 Omeganaut Calls Have Gone Out [Omeganauts Check in Here!]

Jordman12Jordman12 Registered User regular
Hey everyone! It's Jordman2. You may or may not remember me from the Final Round of the 2015 PAX East Omegathon and as one half of Team Hats. Calls have gone out to those brave enough to volunteer as tributes for the QUARTER QUELL Omeganauts for the 8th Annual PAX East Omegathon!

For those that don't know, the Omegathon is a convention-long elimination gaming tournament that pits random convention-goers against each other (you got a sign up email if you bought badges). 32 random folks are picked, paired and slowly whittled down till the last two remain (and get a trip somewhere).

If you were one of the lucky few to answer the call for East 2017, check in here so we can find out who you all are and wish you luck undergoing the most nerve-wracking, torturous incredible, life-affirming experience!

If you didn't get the call this year, don't worry! Post and say good luck to your fellow PAXers! Then later you can watch and think "What the hell was I thinking?" while they have to play some weird variant of Suspend while drinking alcohol and whistling to Justin Bieber songs....

gl hf

foodzafsbd2y.jpg

Q: If I'm an Omeganaut, what should I keep in mind?
A: There is only one Team Hats. There are only two known people that are on this Team Hats that I speak of. Those two people are me and some guy named @videogmr101. There might be more members of Team Hats later, but that depends on who can give me lots of chocolate chip cookies.

Q: I got the call and said yes. It seems like I can jump a bit higher and run a bit faster.
A: Jump into a pool right now. I'm sure that will change really fast.

Q: OMG WHAT IS THE FINAL GAME?
A: Some potentials:
• Rubbing oil all over your body and playing “Slip & Slide” without falling off the stage or crashing
• Best cake farts
• Surviving the cucco invasion

2017 PAX East Omeganauts, introduce yourselves!

2015 PAX East Omeganaut
2016 PAX East Omeganaut

HAIL HATS !!!!!!!

@Jordman12

• Options
    caitlin147caitlin147 Registered User regular
    Checking in! I got the call today while I was at work and could hardly focus the rest of the day.

It's going to be a fun weekend, that's for sure!

• Options
    technobanditotechnobandito Registered User new member
    Checking in. Excited. Ready to go.

• Options
    ClannMorganClannMorgan Registered User regular
    Congratulations to all the 2017 East Omeganauts!

• Options
    AlThor880AlThor880 Registered User regular
    Omeganaut from East last year (Sacketteer_AlThor880) checking in on behalf of my girlfriend who got the call this year. What are the odds of that??

• Options
    peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    AlThor880 wrote: »
    Omeganaut from East last year (Sacketteer_AlThor880) checking in on behalf of my girlfriend who got the call this year. What are the odds of that??

it would roughly be the chance of getting the call twice in a row, so whatever the normal chance is squared. Captain Pedantic, awaayy!!

7B14287.png
  • Options
    brtyleighbrtyleigh Registered User new member
    I got the call just before I left on a week-long vacation! I'm so excited!